Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2020 10:41:23 AM EDT
Been a good boy and have been saving my pennies for what I’ve been calling my “forever camera”... Thinking about a Nikon D750 + glass or a Z6 + adapter/glass because I love in-camera image stabilization...

Anyway, is this a random occurrence for Nikon or do they do these sales regularly?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Never now.  They have exited the scope market.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I figured that much. And I knew but am bummed they got out of the scope game.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nikon still runs refurb sales several times a year, seems like every 2-3 months.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:14:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nikon still runs refurb sales several times a year, seems like every 2-3 months.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought he just meant "at this time of year" because it's literally Christmas Day.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Get on Natchez Shooters Supply email list, they run ads on refurbs from several manufacturers..
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Get on Natchez Shooters Supply email list, they run ads on refurbs from several manufacturers..
View Quote

Nikon Cameras.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nikon Cameras.
View Quote

Did I miss something, I'm bad. Already standing in the corner please mommy don't beat me.

Sorry? However, They would love to have another customer for other things.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Did I miss something, I'm bad. Already standing in the corner please mommy don't beat me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nikon Cameras.

What are you rambling about? I just want to know about their cameras, hence posting in the camera forum.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 12:53:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

You to realize this is in a tech forum not GD, correct?

As to the OP, I'd expect one within the next few weeks probably.  The D750 and Z6 have both been on the sales recently as both have new versions out, but I can't remember prices.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#10]
It seems like they have referb sales monthly to me.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I see D750's all over the place for sale.   FB Marketplace. Craigslist.  For an old camera, they STILL hold their value pretty well.

If u can find one locally for sale, u mite be able to swing a deal, as the owner no doubt wants to upgrade and mite be willing to deal.

I really like my D750.    It is waaaaay better than my feeble skills.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:44:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I see D750's all over the place for sale.   FB Marketplace. Craigslist.  For an old camera, they STILL hold their value pretty well.

If u can find one locally for sale, u mite be able to swing a deal, as the owner no doubt wants to upgrade and mite be willing to deal.

I really like my D750.    It is waaaaay better than my feeble skills.
View Quote

Nice, hoping to find something with low shutter count and well maintained. And isn’t gray market, which is my real fear with buying from a rando.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Scope division doesn't have anything to do with the Nikkor lens department.  They run refurb sale 2-3 times a year; NP usually posts a link.

@NorthPolar
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Scope division doesn't have anything to do with the Nikkor lens department.  They run refurb sale 2-3 times a year; NP usually posts a link.

@NorthPolar
View Quote

Nothing going on right now, but I’d expect a New Years sale or similar. Just an educated guess at best though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nice, hoping to find something with low shutter count and well maintained. And isn’t gray market, which is my real fear with buying from a rando.
View Quote

You might check out the used section on B&H Photo or Adorama also. They have good prices and tell you what the shutter content and condition is.

If you are going to buy a forever camera, I would seriously look at a full frame mirrorless. You'll get the most mileage out of the newer technology.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You might check out the used section on B&H Photo or Adorama also. They have good prices and tell you what the shutter content and condition is.

If you are going to buy a forever camera, I would seriously look at a full frame mirrorless. You'll get the most mileage out of the newer technology.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Full frame mirrorless is my dream actually. Few moving parts, hopefully great longevity.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I own a Canon EOS RP, it's the least expensive full frame mirrorless camera on the market. It's a much better camera than I am a photographer. The RF 24-105 f/4-7.1 lens kit lens that it comes with isn't the best out there, but it does get you into the RF lens line which is going to be the new standard for Canon going forward and has some very nice features.
Top Top