Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2024 11:50:47 PM EDT
FW_wife has a place for me to put everything....

1) Sewer - toilets, sinks shower, bathtub, garbage disposal, washing machine, dishwasher all drain here;
2) Aluminum cans - picked up by her mother once a week;
3) Styrofoam other than packing peanuts - goes to Styrofoam recycling dropoff as needed;
4) Cardboard too large for recycling bin - flattened on garage floor, goes to city dropoff as needed;
5) Recycling bin - small, medium, & actual city bin scattered through house & garage - aluminum foil not allowed;
6) Plastic bags, including air bubble plastic shipping sheets that must be manually deflated - goes to grocery store as needed;
7) Actual garbage - anything that doesn't fit in above categories.

How many hoops does your wife have you jumping through?  
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Time to start composting.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#3]
None.  I choose to put my waste wherever I want. That sounds horrible.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tcfla:
View Quote

The wife?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:57:53 PM EDT
[#5]
There's a trash can In the kitchen and the bathroom.   Don't know what happens after that

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife doesn’t give a shit about any of that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#7]
mine likes to collect garbage i.e. "recycling" and take it to the city place a couple times a week. don't get it myself and don't participate that's what the garbage can is for but whatever.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Like that she set up?  There is the regular trash.  Then there what I started, the metal pile, compost pile, and the burn barrel, though technically she's on board with the later two since they help the garden.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:09:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Soft plastic I put in a big bag and.take to Walmart or another store that takes is.

We are up to our ass in plastics and there is no reason not to recycle unless your just lazy.

Metal I have  a spot I separate and take in when I get a truck or trailer load. They give money. I take money and buy metal. Often in the form of fire arms and ammo.

Styrofoam I use for insulation in 2 walk in coolers I built filling gaps with spray foam.

I'm thinking of offering them for sale if I  can make neat modular panels.

Our shop generates a bit of Styrofoam from packaging about 2x2 foot.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:34:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I put my used oil back in the ground.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:35:28 AM EDT
[#12]
None.

I tend to get annoyed that she fills up the garbage with bulky cardboard instead of using the giant goddamn recycling bin. I don't GAF about the planet, recycling is cheap and garbage isn't.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:38:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Good Lord how much trash are you people generating?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:44:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By denverdan:
Good Lord how much trash are you people generating?
View Quote

2 kids in the house, 1 kid has moved out but this is now her studio, and I'm a home based FFL receiving guns every week.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:48:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I burn anything made of cardboard
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:50:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Have you thought about chickens  for the waste food thats not compost safe?

Or better yet, I saw a tv show about a guy who lived with a remote tribe for a month or two in south asia, they had a "toilet pig" to consume the poop from the house. Slaughtered and ate it as a honor when he left the tribe.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#17]
None.  All that shit is trash and goes in the trashcan.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#18]
WTF OP - odd post.

No, my wife throws cardboard in the burn pile, cans/bottles in recycling, and everything else is trash.

It actually costs us more to recycle if we go over our 1 can than it does garbage - so half the time, my garage can is filled with beer cans
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:25:01 AM EDT
[#19]
I recycled my wife.  Someone's else's problem now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:42:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Styrofoam gets recycled now?

And miss out on all that black smoke?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:42:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:58:44 AM EDT
[#22]
At home is single stream, including a blue bin for pickup, except glass you have to cart it to a special bin 3 miles away.

Other house, no single stream and you have to put it in the respective green dumpster at the dump, or as the attendant says, single stream it into the trash bin.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:00:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Wut. I live by myself and everything goes into 1 trash can that can get picked up once a week.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:15:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Zero.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:20:29 AM EDT
[#25]
what is the point in taking plastic bags and styrofoam to special recycling places? Those can just be thrown away.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:12:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:49:24 AM EDT
[#27]
We had one of those green recycling tote bins. We only had one trash truck the guy eventually just put the bin in the truck and eliminated the extra work
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:58:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By FFBK:
My wife doesn't give a shit about any of that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:13:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:15:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By cavedog:
I recycled my wife.  Someone's else's problem now.
View Quote

This. Way more effective at cleaning up my environment.

Whatever makes you happy and all that, but the hoops some of you guys jump through for pussy is fucking incredible. Really unfathomable when you consider the poor bastards whose wives quite putting out.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jollyg83:
None.  I choose to put my waste wherever I want. That sounds horrible.  
View Quote

My wife is pretty insistent on recycling using a couple of the regular neighborhood bins that get picked up in front of the house. And I’m fine with it, although I don’t really trust that it actually gets recycled. But if it is, I’m happy to do it.

What you described sounds like mental illness, a form of ocd.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:20:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By belchfire:
We had one of those green recycling tote bins. We only had one trash truck the guy eventually just put the bin in the truck and eliminated the extra work
View Quote

From what I've heard, "recycling" trash is mostly a farce with varying levels of obfuscation or deception from place to place.

Here the recycling bins cost more to service than an equal size and weight general trash bin. And it all ends up in the same landfill.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:23:33 AM EDT
[#33]
My wife is a motorcycle.

Recycling is just you sorting the trash for WM.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:29:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:38:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HourOfAngle] [#35]
Pretty simple here. I burn anything that will burn. Food goes out and it becomes food/bait for the pigs. Cans I crush and the guy from the recycling place picks them up from time to time in exchange for him hauling off the stuff that won't burn. The recycling place here is in combo with the dump/salvage stuff.

Not married. My girlfiend lives with me and she got on board with my simple system that's been in place for 30 years or so.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:44:33 AM EDT
[#36]
We have 2 cans provided by the garbage company. Garbage can has a black lid, recycling has a blue lid.

We better things to do than be obsessed with garbage.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:11:03 AM EDT
[#37]
My wife collects the trash from the kitchen, baths and laundry and puts it in the big can in the garage. The dog and I take it to the curb.  Everyone has a job.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:15:14 AM EDT
[#38]
We have two categories:

Shit that will burn.

Shit that won’t.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:20:03 AM EDT
[#39]
We have 2 "recycling" bins.  Once they get full of recycling crap, the remainder goes into the garbage.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Our garbage company provides us with a trash can and a “free” can for recycling.  It all ends up going to the landfill and the recycling bin is just to make people feel good.  They lie to us about recycling.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:02:40 AM EDT
[#42]
We don’t have garbage pick up.  Have to drive it to the local county convenience center. Fortunately it’s 5 miles down the road on my street.  A winding, snaky road with 38 hard turns. Fun drive in my Mustang, but not so much in Marge the garbage barge.  My 1990 F-250.  
Anyhooo, they have household garbage, yard and large debris, motor oil, batteries, cardboard bins and two trailers for cans and one for #2 plastic like milk jugs and soda bottles.

My wife tries separating any cardboard like frozen food packages for me to put in cardboard recycling. Bullshit. It’s for corrugated cardboard.  I toss a lot of shit she sets aside into household garbage.

Tried recycling cans.  Nope.  They get all stinky and left overs drip everywhere.  Household garbage.  Not stopping at a special bin for a 1/2 gallon milk jug every two weeks. Household garbage.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#43]
No dead things bucket?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#44]

Maybe so, but the county has a rural recycling pickup. Garbage I have to haul myself so if they want to take it they can have it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:21:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Idk I throw most my stuff in the garbage. We only have one upstairs bathroom, so from time to time, I tend to pull a used bottle out of the recycling bin, pee in it, then relocate it to the trash can.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jjk:
No dead things bucket?
View Quote

Dead things are the only way we actually guarantee recycling plastic store bags - wrap up the late tree meth addict, he goes out with the trash Monday.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:43:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By nottooslow:

The wife?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nottooslow:

The wife?

The devil is in the details.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
FW_wife has a place for me to put everything....

1) Sewer - toilets, sinks shower, bathtub, garbage disposal, washing machine, dishwasher all drain here;
2) Aluminum cans - picked up by her mother once a week;
3) Styrofoam other than packing peanuts - goes to Styrofoam recycling dropoff as needed;
4) Cardboard too large for recycling bin - flattened on garage floor, goes to city dropoff as needed;
5) Recycling bin - small, medium, & actual city bin scattered through house & garage - aluminum foil not allowed;
6) Plastic bags, including air bubble plastic shipping sheets that must be manually deflated - goes to grocery store as needed;
7) Actual garbage - anything that doesn't fit in above categories.

How many hoops does your wife have you jumping through?  
View Quote

In my house, all that shit goes in the trash can that gets picked up once a week. We don't recycle as I'm not going to pay extra to have another can and then pay extra, again, every month to have that service added to the garbage bill. So they get it all at one time. Hell, no one around here recycles.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:08:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: onthebreeze] [#49]
Me and my wife, no kids.

Aluminum cans get scrapped.
Glass goes in the glass bin at the grocery store.

If we do both of those, we generate one kitchen sized bag of other trash each week. I have multiple neighbors that are couples with no kids or single guys who somehow fill a whole herby kerby each week.

Plastic recycling is a fucking scam, if you actually care about that just don't buy any plastic.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#50]
There is a can in the kitchen, a compost pile and a burn barrel.  Bottles and such go in a cardboard box and get dropped off at the county trash station when she nags me enough.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top