BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is my proof that the "nukes aren't so bad you guys" side are a bunch of ghoulish trolls.

I happen to live in DFW where the F35 is made. We also have a large airbase.
I would assume that Bell helicopter and Lockheed Martin are tier 1 or 2 targets for those 1600 nukes.

So now I'm dead, as are my family, everyone I know, and around 8 million others.

Well @j_von_random doesn't care because apparently he lives in bum fuck nowhere where nothing important enough to nuke is located.

Well good for you. But so sad for the millions of Americans who were killed in that 1st strike right?

Now, let's extrapolate further.
What happens after Russia launches its 1st strike? We retaliate right?

Then what?
Is it over, or are there further nuke strikes?
Does it become a conventional war?

Does China become the sole world superpower since most of our military and a few major cities are smoking craters? That would be awesome right! I mean who doesn't want those commies running everything?

von random doesn't give a fuck. Because he's safe and apparently that's all that matters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another factor the Everybody Dies side is ignoring: required infrastructure is partially a question of population.

If nukes wipe out the power plant feeding a city, and also kill everyone in the city, does it even matter for the rest of the country? Horrible and tragic, but dead people don't care about not having power.
This is my proof that the "nukes aren't so bad you guys" side are a bunch of ghoulish trolls.

I would assume that Bell helicopter and Lockheed Martin are tier 1 or 2 targets for those 1600 nukes.

So now I'm dead, as are my family, everyone I know, and around 8 million others.

Well @j_von_random doesn't care because apparently he lives in bum fuck nowhere where nothing important enough to nuke is located.

Well good for you. But so sad for the millions of Americans who were killed in that 1st strike right?

Then what?

Does China become the sole world superpower since most of our military and a few major cities are smoking craters? That would be awesome right! I mean who doesn't want those commies running everything?

von random doesn't give a fuck. Because he's safe and apparently that's all that matters.

You aren't going to have the entire 8 million of DFW killed from a couple nukes. The death radius isn't nearly the entire city.

You're correct though, the effects would be huge nationwide and the death count would be way too high.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You should really quit while you're way, way behind. What do you think happened on 9/11? Did credit markets suddenly stop working? Oh wait, no, they didn't. Duh.
View Quote
I mean it fucked up the economy for a couple of years and it was only a single building.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I mean it fucked up the economy for a couple of years and it was only a single building.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231252/download_jpeg-5_jpg-2299242.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should really quit while you're way, way behind. What do you think happened on 9/11? Did credit markets suddenly stop working? Oh wait, no, they didn't. Duh.

Where is the dashed line to represent when they stopped working?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Your points one and two directly contradict each other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why you posted a screen shot of the pre-edited post and called the mods.  

I'm not going to call you a liar, but it seems rather questionable actions vs. words.
1. Yeah he realized he fucked up and went over the line of the CoC.
2. But a stealth edit isn't an apology or even a realization that he fucked up. Just an effort to change it before he got his pp slapped.
3. His reaction proves my point. Nuclear war wouldn't be a clean emotionless clinical first strike. It would be heated and messy and you can't edit a nuke.
There are people at those military targets. Both army personnel and nearby civilians.
4. We went full invasion on Afghanistan and Iraq over thpisands dead during 9-11.
What do you think WE would do if Russia nuked us 1st?
5. It wouldn't end with nukes. Both sides would be angry and petty and would do conventional war afterwards.
6. Someone, probably China would come along to claim the #1 spot.

Your points one and two directly contradict each other.
No. They don't.

Call me a lying shitbag and then editing it isn't saying it was wrong to call someone a lying shitbag.

It just means you don't want to get in trouble.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enhance...
Attachment Attached File

They shut the markets down for a bit to stop a run on the market.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No. They don't.

Call me a lying shitbag and then editing it isn't saying it was wrong to call someone a lying shitbag.

It just means you don't want to get in trouble.
View Quote

He realized he fucked up, but didn't even realize he fucked up.  
Attachment Attached File

ETA:  I'm done with your unrelated drama.  Feel free to yell at some clouds.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Enhance...
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231252/612-6120440_djia-during-september-10-200-2299250.JPG

View Quote

The circuit breaker is not a failure of the markets being able to operate.

I'm not even sure you know what point you are arguing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Russia isn't going to target an Air Force base that specializes in airborne refueling and the home of the Big Red 1? Maybe not the latter, but certainly the former.
View Quote
The Big Red 1 is Fort Riley, the Airbase you speak of is McConnell they are about 100 miles apart.  But honestly I would bet that they and KC itself are about the only really important targets left in KS.  all the missile silo's that I know of were decommissioned decades ago.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Can a tanker drop a bomb?

Does it make more sense to expend a weapon on the truck carrying the ammo to the front line, or the ammo factory itself?  What's the priority for something as valuable as a nuke--the bomber, or the tanker?
View Quote
The tankers refuel the bombers that get the payload on target, same with the fighters.  The best airplane in the world is useless if you cant get it to where it needs to be, hence carriers, and KC-135's
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He realized he fucked up, but didn't even realize he fucked up.  
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/giphyggt-462.gif

ETA:  I'm done with your unrelated drama.  Feel free to yell at some clouds.
View Quote
He realized he fucked up and changed it not to get in trouble.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#11]
So for you guys that don’t think it’s the end of the world, how many Americans are killed?  We’ve got a population around 330 million.  How many are killed in the first week, month, and year?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The circuit breaker is not a failure of the markets being able to operate.

I'm not even sure you know what point you are arguing.
View Quote
You don't know what you are arguing.

A large focused terror attack stopped the markets, caused a recession, and started a 2 front 20 year long war...

But hey guys a full out nuclear exchange between Russia and the USA will totally be no big deal.

This whole argument is clown shoes from the nuclear war hawks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:37:02 PM EDT
[#13]
A full on nuclear engage will never happen. We could see at some point a few popping off. I would even bet Russia might one day and the world does jack shit about it but stay conventional.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A full on nuclear engage will never happen. We could see at some point a few popping off. I would even bet Russia might one day and the world does jack shit about it but stay conventional.
View Quote
LOL

You're probably right with Biden in charge they'd say retaliation would cause to much environmental damage and that we deserved it for racism and colonialism or something.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It is when you call someone a lying shitbag and imply millions of dead Americans is no big deal.

I don't want Random to get banned.

What I do want is for the dick measuring, chest thumping, nuclear war hawks to admit is that even in a best case scenario nuclear war will be a miserable shit show of epic suffering.

I've done the math and played along.

Even if no infrastructure is intentionally targeted that is only good for round 1.

Like Mike Tyson said everyone has a plan till they're punched in the face.

View Quote

Ok, I'm sorry for the flared temper.

Here is what I was trying to say: the Armageddon side insists that either the bombs kill everyone, or that all the infrastructure is gone (not half, not 3/4ths, *all*) and that kills everyone, after that dark age for a thousand years blah blah blah.

The problem is that questions like "how much food is needed in what region to keep people from starving?" depend on how many people are there. If you can't get food into a bombed city, but there isn't anyone alive in the city in the first place..... doesn't matter (remember the Armageddon side has loopy ideas about nuke fatalities). If the only thing left of me is a shadow on the sidewalk where I was standing then from a military or disaster relief perspective I don't matter.

I'm sorry for misphrasing this the first time around that made it sound like I was being callous about it.

Now for the rest.....

So far in this thread I and several others have been trying to explain, with detailed examples at times, that a nuclear war is not an automatic death sentence for the entire planet. That it can be survived, and survived in a way which doesn't involve millennia of darkages afterwards. Both because we're sick of the shoulder thing that goes up, and because people not giving up the moment they heard nuke is part of how they can survive it.

For this we get reeeeeeed at, and told we want nuclear war.

It's...... maybe an example will convey it: it is as though we are saying that just because Timmy got raped by the teacher doesn't mean his life is over; he can survive this and grow up to be ok despite the trauma. And then we get accused of being pro-pedo. See how that might get a little old?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope you're right.  Never is a long time, and there are still 34.6 months until the next Presidential inauguration.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So for you guys that don’t think it’s the end of the world, how many Americans are killed?  We’ve got a population around 330 million.  How many are killed in the first week, month, and year?
View Quote

Not enough to make the entire nation conservative like us so maybe not enough.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on what is hit and how many warheads are in play.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He realized he fucked up and changed it not to get in trouble.

View Quote

No I knew it was probably CoC when I posted it and didn't care. I tried to rescind it before it ever got to you, which obviously failed.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#20]
all i remember from researching a while back is that a nuke can kill you directly in three ways...  

the initial heat blast if you are close.  it can blind you if you're looking toward it but from farther away.

after that instantaneous heat blast, there is then a concussion blast.  so if you are looking at the las vegas skyline from far away and you see the heat blast, you have a few seconds to take cover before the concussion wave reaches you.  laying down against a concrete curb could help the force pass you rather than hit you directly.

once that is over, the impact and vacuum it causes pulls up the irradiated debris from the impact zone into the mushroom cloud.  this cloud will drift and settle but it is fairly slow moving.  you want to avoid this fallout because it is irradiated.  if you can stay like 15 feet away from it or put i think several feet of concrete between it and you it won't make you glow.  for instance, if you're in a 30 story building, it's better to be on the 15th floor.  the fallout that settles on the roof won't reach you nor the fallout on the ground.

best if you survive the heat and concussion blast is to get the hell away from the mushroom cloud fallout as fast as you can.  just get in a car and drive away at a normal speed and keep going.

if you are exposed to radiation it will collect in some part of your body, some organ.  there are pills you can take that saturate that organ ahead of time with some harmless chemical so that when the radiation arrives it doesn't enter and remain.  i forget what the pills are called.  i have some old ones.  of course the radiation will wreck you directly wherever you are exposed for too long.

and basically if you survive the blast and get away to someplace safe, don't return for a minimum of like three weeks but i'd stay away for months to be sure.

i could use more training.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
all i remember from researching a while back is that a nuke can kill you directly in three ways...  

the initial heat blast if you are close.  it can blind you if you're looking toward it but from farther away.

after that instantaneous heat blast, there is then a concussion blast.  so if you are looking at the las vegas skyline from far away and you see the heat blast, you have a few seconds to take cover before the concussion wave reaches you.  laying down against a concrete curb could help the force pass you rather than hit you directly.

once that is over, the impact and vacuum it causes pulls up the irradiated debris from the impact zone into the mushroom cloud.  this cloud will drift and settle but it is fairly slow moving.  you want to avoid this fallout because it is irradiated.  if you can stay like 15 feet away from it or put i think several feet of concrete between it and you it won't make you glow.  for instance, if you're in a 30 story building, it's better to be on the 15th floor.  the fallout that settles on the roof won't reach you nor the fallout on the ground.

best if you survive the heat and concussion blast is to get the hell away from the mushroom cloud fallout as fast as you can.  just get in a car and drive away at a normal speed and keep going.

if you are exposed to radiation it will collect in some part of your body, some organ.  there are pills you can take that saturate that organ ahead of time with some harmless chemical so that when the radiation arrives it doesn't enter and remain.  i forget what the pills are called.  i have some old ones.  of course the radiation will wreck you directly wherever you are exposed for too long.

and basically if you survive the blast and get away to someplace safe, don't return for a minimum of like three weeks but i'd stay away for months to be sure.

i could use more training.
View Quote

Thyroid, iodine.

ETA:  The basics are: time, distance, shielding.  Less time, more distance (the inverse square is your friend) and more shielding.  Decontaminate yourself if exposed to radioactive dust to remove alpha and beta particles.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Dear God, GD is now doing "nuclear war isn't that bad"?  

Mutually Assured Destruction. Must be lots of truly miserable souls here that not only hate their life, but wanna take everyone with them when they finally get their exit.

View Quote

MAD hasn't been official US nuclear policy for 40 years.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Then what?

View Quote

What part of any of that would warrant one of a very few weapons during a nuclear exchange?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No I knew it was probably CoC when I posted it and didn't care. I tried to rescind it before it ever got to you, which obviously failed.
View Quote
Can't recall a bullet or erase the internet.

I did goad you by saying you didn't live anywhere worth nuking.

I think both our exchanges got a little heated... pun intended.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think the infrastructure damage/ availability of water, food, fuel would harm the most people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not dismissing the entire mathematical world. What I am dismissing is your tripe that your passing off as some kind of analysis.

If you will notice I never once said “herpty derpty everybody is dying”. What I said is “your life as you know it is over”.

I'll ask it again--if the 150 missile sites in the 90th Missile Wing at Minot are hit, does that stop power generation, water treatment, sewer, agriculture and food distribution in Kansas?  

And I'll add to that, if so, how?

ETA:  How are the people in Seattle affected by an attack on the Cheyenne, WY missile fields?  How are the people in Miami affected by a nuke popping over Kings Bay, GA?  

The issue is one of scale.  You assume one nuke=="life as you know it is over."  

I'm pointing out that the sheer size of the US vs the number of weapons pointed at us right now makes that a position that doesn't necessarily square with reality.

Of course, it would make more sense if I could use math to explain it.

I think the infrastructure damage/ availability of water, food, fuel would harm the most people.

Because the infrastructure, water purification, refineries, and power generation in the entire united states would come to a screeching halt with one nuke in Seattle?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What part of any of that would warrant one of a very few weapons during a nuclear exchange?
View Quote
If I was Putin I would certainly want to cripple the US ability to fight a conventional war.

Why?

I would think after the nukes fell if Putin wasn't dead things like F35s would be used to attack targets within Russia.

To do that we would need fighters, bombers, tankers, and the parts and manufacturing to keep them flying.

Unless Putin thinks he'll die early and the nukes are a suicide attack.

If that's the case why would he care if he nuked every major city?

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:21:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Because the infrastructure, water purification, refineries, and power generation in the entire united states would come to a screeching halt with one nuke in Seattle?
View Quote

This subject really shows how some people are incapable of thought beyond binary options.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:22:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Can't recall a bullet or erase the internet.

I did goad you by saying you didn't live anywhere worth nuking.

I think both our exchanges got a little heated... pun intended.

View Quote

According to Team Apocalypse I do: city >100k, plus state capital. Plus there is a power plant and an airport and a small nat-g base.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If I was Putin I would certainly want to cripple the US ability to fight a conventional war.

Why?

I would think after the nukes fell if Putin wasn't dead things like F35s would be used to attack targets within Russia.

To do that we would need fighters, bombers, tankers, and the parts and manufacturing to keep them flying.

I'd that's the case why would he care if he nuked every major city?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I'd that's the case why would he care if he nuked every major city?

Would you be willing to reduce your ability to fight the nuclear war over the follow-on conventional one?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Would you be willing to reduce your ability to fight the nuclear war over the follow-on conventional one?
View Quote
If I'm crazy enough to launch nukes I'm hitting everything as hard as I can the first time.

Because I'm pretty sure there's no second chance. So why hold anything back?

If someone is enough of a sociopath and egomaniac to start nuclear ww3 they'd want to take everything out with them.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Why?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Conventional total war bombing strategy =/= nuclear war bombing strategy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If I'm crazy enough to launch nukes I'm hitting everything as hard as I can the first time.

If someone is enough of a sociopath and egomaniac to start nuclear ww3 they'd want to take everything out with them.

View Quote

If we are talking about Mad Dictator Mode, sure. Of course you have to worry about whether you will end up with a coup instead of a launch.

For "normal" exchanges there are two basic reasons to hold back:

1. you don't want to get rid of your deterrence.

2. you don't know what strikes will fail, so you need to keep back enough to hit what you missed the first time.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, our .gov's response to 9/11 f-ed up our economy for a couple of years, same as our .gov's response to Kung Flu. The loss of (more than one) building was, more than anything, a loss of our innocence in thinking that we were invulnerable to a terrorist attack like that.

All that aside, the credit markets didn't suddenly stop because people didn't drive to Manhattan to work for a few days.

Nuclear war is an abomination but living under the slavery of communism is worse. A great man once had something to say about that:

We Must Fight (Ronald Reagan)
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:34:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hold on.  Is this sociopath starting a nuclear war to "take everything out with them" or to win?  Because if its the latter why care about a follow-on conventional war?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Enhance...
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231252/612-6120440_djia-during-september-10-200-2299250.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enhance...

Stock market. Not credit market. If the credit markets had stopped (like what almost happened in 2008), then you wouldn't have been able to buy gas or groceries and companies wouldn't have been able to order goods on net 30 terms.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Okay, so you hit the F35 plant.  

Pick the nuclear command and control facility, C2 communications node, ICBM launch facility/control center, sub base, or dispersed bomber base that you're NOT going to hit as a result.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Pick the nuclear command and control facility, C2 communications node, ICBM launch facility/control center, sub base, or dispersed bomber base that you're NOT going to hit as a result.
View Quote

That is an economic question. You should know better than to ask GD economic questions; good way to get called a hoarder.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then what?

I'm guessing here but I would think something like the Norfolk Naval Base and the Yorktown Naval Weapons Station and their San Diego and Pearl Harbor counterparts would be on the rooskie roster of fun as well. I didn't see them on the one chart somebody posted earlier. Is the assumption that by the time the launches occur, they would have sent all the ships out to sea?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No, our .gov's response to 9/11 f-ed up our economy for a couple of years, same as our .gov's response to Kung Flu. The loss of (more than one) building was, more than anything, a loss of our innocence in thinking that we were invulnerable to a terrorist attack like that.

All that aside, the credit markets didn't suddenly stop because people didn't drive to Manhattan to work for a few days.

Nuclear war is an abomination but living under the slavery of communism is worse. A great man once had something to say about that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUQm7UqF-YA
View Quote
Soooooo.....

With Biden and team in charge then we should be A Okay in the event of a nuclear war right? Because Biden will handle it better than Bush right?

We are so fucked and a nuclear war won't make it any better. Because you go to war with the government you have, not the one you want, and we don't have Ronald "star wars" Reagan in charge right now.

Once again the nuclear war hawks argument is clown shoes.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Hold on.  Is this sociopath starting a nuclear war to "take everything out with them" or to win?  Because if its the latter why care about a follow-on conventional war?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you "win" the nuclear war but lose the conventional war, what was the point of the nuclear war in the first place?

War is war. And if you are going to launch nukes I'm pretty sure you are all in on a old school total war plan and not the friendly limited casualty ROE of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:48:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Stock market. Not credit market. If the credit markets had stopped (like what almost happened in 2008), then you wouldn't have been able to buy gas or groceries and companies wouldn't have been able to order goods on net 30 terms.
View Quote
If you don't think global nuclear war wouldn't cause panic, a stock market collapse, a run on the banks, and the devaluation of our currency I don't know what to tell you.
But here's an unrelated image of a clown riding a bomb.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If you "win" the nuclear war but lose the conventional war, what was the point of the nuclear war in the first place?

War is war. And if you are going to launch nukes I'm pretty sure you are all in on a old school total war plan and not the friendly limited casualty ROE of Iraq and Afghanistan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you lose the nuclear war because you wanted to get ahead on the conventional war then you played yourself.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can't spare a single nuke for a legit military target outside of nukes? I mean I have 1600 nukes.
In that case why even use nukes?
Because I'm damn well sure if someone used nukes we would nuke back.
And then I've used all my nukes and they are going to conventionally bomb me back to the stone age.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you don't think global nuclear war wouldn't cause panic, a stock market collapse, a run on the banks, and the devaluation of our currency I don't know what to tell you.
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmilitariaforum.com%2Fforums%2Fuploads%2Fimageproxy%2F528bs380bg5aaf-600.jpg.64a9f2815dbfb1df88ca64703d4d76f8.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmilitariaforum.com%2Fforums%2Fuploads%2Fimageproxy%2F528bs380bg5aaf-600.jpg.64a9f2815dbfb1df88ca64703d4d76f8.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Would it have an impact?  Yes.  

Would it completely and permanently destroy the markets if a single bomb hit Manhattan?  No.

That was the point that started this odd all or nothing though pattern.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If you lose the nuclear war because you wanted to get ahead on the conventional war then you played yourself.
View Quote
War is war.
If I am launching nukes I want to obliterate my enemy's capability to fight WAR! Not just nuclear war, but all war.
Because if I shoot first and don't kill them then they are for sure going to try to kill me.
Why is Putin threatening nukes? If he just nukes our nukes do we leave him alone?
Fuck no. We would go all in, balls to the wall, and nuke them with whatever we had left.
Then what? Shrug it off and have a beer? Or try to make sure they can never attack us again?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I can't spare a single nuke for a legit military target outside of nukes? I mean I have 1600 nukes.
In that case why even use nukes?
Because I'm damn well sure if someone used nukes we would nuke back.
And then I've used all my nukes and they are going to conventionally bomb me back to the stone age.

View Quote

It's about time you realized that.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
War is war.
If I am launching nukes I want to obliterate my enemy's capability to fight WAR! Not just nuclear war, but all war.
Because if I shoot first and don't kill them then they are for sure going to try to kill me.
Why is Putin threatening nukes? If he just nukes our nukes do we leave him alone?
Fuck no. We would go all in, balls to the wall, and nuke them with whatever we had left.
Then what? Shrug it off and have a beer? Or try to make sure they can never attack us again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

War is war.

But the targets for a conventional war are completely different than the targets for a nuclear war and you do not have the warheads to mitigate both.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Would it completely and permanently destroy the markets if a single bomb hit Manhattan?  No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's nuclear war it isn't a single bomb. It's thousands attacking different targets.

Best case scenario it is only legit military targets which would mean tens of thousands dead and our military severely damaged. Worst case (old school MAD) it is multiple high density population centers to cripple us economically as well. Which would mean millions.

Either one would fuck our economy up. Hell the sniffles fucked it up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's about time you realized that.
View Quote
I realized that in the 80s.

I'm not the guy invading Ukraine and threatening nukes.

I'm not the guy online saying using nukes is NBD.

I'm the guy saying nukes is always a bad idea but much like lays potato chips you can't stop at just one. Which is why it made a great deterrent to total war during the Cold War.

The whole debate was over whether or not nukes would be bad or not. I believe I have proved my case.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:02:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
@limaxray

Give me a legit target that you think would be nuked that is near a population center and let's play out a scenario.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top