Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2021 11:57:47 PM EDT
I premise this with:

I remember the AWB, I was here during 08', 12' all the hysteria..

I understand that things like lowers, ammo and mags are going to be bought in mass.

I don't understand how some parts, like an aero or BCM uppers, barrels and BCGs can stay out of stock for months and months on end? Some of this stuff hasn't been available for half a year. Who is buying all of these parts? Aren't they built in batches of thousands? Is manufacturing running 24/7?

Maybe I'm getting old, but this feels different.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Everybody knows what’s about to happen.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Supply and demand.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#3]
So many backorders that product never makes it to the shelf.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#4]
its not always out of stock you just arent checking at the right times. Hell last month aero had blem lowers and uppers in stock for hours.

learn to use tools that automatically check stock status.

that being said, people are buying it up, tons of new shooters, tons of shooters who would rather have some spare parts on hand in the event shit goes south with a China Harris admin.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:02:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Remember just a few months ago when lots and lots of people didn't go to work?

Another example is power supplies for computers.  Most all of them come from China.  China basically shut down for a while.  They are still somewhat scarce.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:03:35 AM EDT
[#6]
The country is doubling down on the panic and producers have been kneecapped by the china flu.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:05:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I love the recent calls from Rock River like yeah those 6 rifles you ordered, welp we can’t find any 1:9 CM barrels now is 1:7 cool? Charging handles, welp out of regular ones let’s go with radian if that’s what’s there today.... Things are soon to get even more scarce and it will get worse before it gets better! If it gets better... tens of millions of new gun owners, combined with aspects like some companies are not allowed into their businesses to make more barrels and parts has consequences... Hopefully companies like Agency survive.... months awaiting orders that cannot be fulfilled in the current climate will compound as chairman Biden “overseas” a National Great Reset agenda...  Godspeed everyone...

And what about that earthquake in Kazakhstan earlier USGS says never happened? History is unfolding!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:10:57 AM EDT
[#9]
It is not staying out of stock.

You just aren't checking in the time they list inventory and the 1 minute and 27 seconds until it sells out.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:18:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted: I premise this with:

I understand that things like lowers, ammo and mags are going to be bought in mass.

I don't understand how some parts, like an aero or BCM uppers, barrels and BCGs can stay out of stock for months and months on end? Some of this stuff hasn't been available for half a year. Who is buying all of these parts? Aren't they built in batches of thousands? Is manufacturing running 24/7?

View Quote
An average year's worth of production from all manufacturers in the U.S. is typically 10-12 million guns.

2020's NICS check amount was almost 40M.

How many states have CCW licenses that bypass NICS?  What do you think the total number of guns purchased last year was?

It had to be huge.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Covid put a strain on it, impending election put a strain on it. Impending war with c#ina and election chaos along with a bunch of lefties and libertarians getting on the 2a train has taken it to insanity levels.

Shits gonna get bumpy one way or another. I'd say my only hope is that this is a mostly manufactured crisis and they will need to return to normalcy to retain any semblance of power but that is rather dismal.

Most likely I see a much worse false flag event in our future followed by a huge gun grab and persecution of extremist God loving non drug users who love their country...

Of course they can't go to far with that cause those are the people that protect them so it will eventually quietly be turned on some other minority because we all know who the real kkk party is.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Ordering bots
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:34:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I wanna know where all the assholes with $4000 to blow on a SP5 came from.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:51:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I wanna know where all the assholes with $4000 to blow on a SP5 came from.
View Quote

I guess I is asshoe

2 weeks before the election I found a SP5 and SP5k locally. Bought both, total was just under 9k

Finding anything locally has been tough but online at 10-20% over normal has been easy.
Since the election I've bought online:
Galil ACE 7.62 pistol w/brace
G19 gen5 x2
G17 gen5
G19 gen5 MOS

Still searching for Sig Rattler
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:54:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I haven't been able to find a can of Lysol for months. I use it and a Bic lighter as a flame thrower to kill flies
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Because no one is working.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:57:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
its not always out of stock you just arent checking at the right times. Hell last month aero had blem lowers and uppers in stock for hours.

learn to use tools that automatically check stock status.

that being said, people are buying it up, tons of new shooters, tons of shooters who would rather have some spare parts on hand in the event shit goes south with a China Harris admin.
View Quote
Everytime I went to order one, I was preoccupied at work. After getting free, they were sold out, every... single... time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:06:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I check DSArms, Primary Arms, Aero, Brownells and Midway several times a day for certain items.  A couple weeks ago with about 45min left in the work day DSA Nitride BCGs came in stock.  As soon as I was off the clock I hit checkout but they were already out of stock.  Didn't even last an hour.
If I hadn't happened to check right at that moment I would think they haven't been in stock for months.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:26:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe not in commie Canada but in my state it is business as usual and we aren't all dead.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#20]
I wasn't around during the previous panics.  That said, the internet is a whole new beast now.  Combine the events of the last 12 months with internet shopping being done by everyone in the United States and you measure time in stock in seconds and minutes now. Everyone gets notifications when items are available.   FOMO and panic feed instant purchasing decisions and things sell out immediately.

The best example is primers.  They come in stock frequently but sell out in literally seconds.  Thousands of people crash entire websites trying to order them at the same time.  To a normal person, it seems like primers have been out of stock for months when they actually have been available many times.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#21]
even certain gas blocks i haven't seen in stock for months.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Remember how much bcg’s and bolts were going for in 2013?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#23]
It's going to get worse before it gets better  
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

The other times it was political differences.

This time it is a military occupation.  That is just beginning.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I love the recent calls from Rock River like yeah those 6 rifles you ordered, welp we can’t find any 1:9 CM barrels now is 1:7 cool? Charging handles, welp out of regular ones let’s go with radian if that’s what’s there today.... Things are soon to get even more scarce and it will get worse before it gets better! If it gets better... tens of millions of new gun owners, combined with aspects like some companies are not allowed into their businesses to make more barrels and parts has consequences... Hopefully companies like Agency survive.... months awaiting orders that cannot be fulfilled in the current climate will compound as chairman Biden “overseas” a National Great Reset agenda...  Godspeed everyone...

And what about that earthquake in Kazakhstan earlier USGS says never happened? History is unfolding!
View Quote

Wait, what?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Demand is outpacing supply.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's going to get worse before it gets better  
View Quote

Yup....
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Demand is outpacing supply.
View Quote

This.....
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#30]
I’ve had a BRN-180 lower on backorder order from Brownells for 5 months.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:20:23 AM EDT
[#31]
I've been into guns since before the AWB, I've never seen a panic of this proportion.

The only ammo academy had in stock the other day was 6 boxes of 22 shot shells. Nothing else at all, no 35 Whelen, no 220 swift, no 28 gauge, none of those short mag rounds that were popular 15 years ago.

They did have some mags, a handful of ARs and several pistols.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#32]
I work in a plant that supplies a lot of parts to the gun industry.

If you haven't noticed, we've been in the middle of a pandemic for a while. Labor is hard to come by. Lots of employees out sick or on quarantine.

The operators that are willing to work OT are burned out.
We can't even fully staff a normal workweek much less 24/7.

Couple that with some uncertainty concerning possible new gun laws and you begin to see the status of the industry.

On top of that, people are buying up everything they can get their hands on right now.

This is different than the previous panics during the Obama administration.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Maybe not in commie Canada but in my state it is business as usual and we aren't all dead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 bar and restaurants are open at almost 100%. Most people worked from home for a few months.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Of course this is different.  Covid, floyd, election,  trifecta.

Whatever, longterm availability of ammo is my main concern.  Assuming no bans it will come back.  If they stop online sales I guarantee you will see it back on wallyworlds shelves.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:30:52 AM EDT
[#35]
I moonlight at a Gun store/military surplus.

The amount of traffic buying EVERYTHING is insane.

Ammo gone
Guns gone
Mags moving fast, but available
Plate carriers gone
Plates gone
Radios gone
Gas masks gone
Parts slim pickings, but some available

Did I mention ammo is non existent? We still get 5.56 and limit purchases to 2 boxes per customer. Doesn't matter, gone in a day.

It is not all Trump supporters either. The crowd is definitely a mixed bag. Prepare accordingly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#36]
I need an RCBS #3 shell holder

They seemingly don't exist

I can buy various gun parts all day long but reloading stuff? Not a chance.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I need an RCBS #3 shell holder

They seemingly don't exist

View Quote

@AR15thur

RCBS #3's are on eBay.  ~$25 shipped.

Might seem high, but many places that would cost $10 with $8 shipping... so not terrible.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was stunned yesterday when I actually got a couple of things for reloading I needed. I expected them to be out of stock.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I premise this with:

View Quote

Well for starters we didn't have COVID-19 lockdowns in 2008 and 2012 in addition to the volatile political climate

And I guess you forgot, but yes BCGs, stripped uppers, barrels, LPKs were all unobtanium for a good year after Sandy Hook
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#40]
I’ve said it multiple times, last time was last night, but there is 100% something else going on.

It’s got to be either an artificial or COVID-based raw materials shortage.  The amount of “WTB” ads is disturbing, to say the least.

It’s not just Firearms, though. Look at the appliance repair man, who just a few days ago, told us to treat our appliances well as major parts for them are more than a month out.

My favorite fun store has consolidated their shelves, I foresee my smaller LGS’s (and thousands of others in the country) going under soon.

There is absolutely something else afoot.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
And I guess you forgot, but yes BCGs, stripped uppers, barrels, LPKs were all unobtanium for a good year after Sandy Hook
View Quote

I miss the BCG days.  I sold all my BCG's for market price out of most of my working guns, then just backordered BCM's, which didn't take that long to ship actually.

This too shall pass.

Maybe.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#42]
No kidding. Spiritus Systems stuff for their Mk4 Micro Fight Chassis has been out of stock forever.

I dont even get “back in stock” emails and then miss getting the scant few they re-stock!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Covid, Election Year, the Defund the Police Movement, many businesses on life support, BLM burning cities.....

2021 could see 50 million NICS checks. In a country of 330 million. Think about that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I work in a plant that supplies a lot of parts to the gun industry.

If you haven't noticed, we've been in the middle of a pandemic for a while. Labor is hard to come by. Lots of employees out sick or on quarantine.

The operators that are willing to work OT are burned out.
We can't even fully staff a normal workweek much less 24/7.

View Quote

It's affecting everything.  Roofing shingle lead times are measured in months from time of order to time of delivery.  Try to buy furniture from one of the major sellers like Rooms to Go or Ashley.  Again, delivery times stretch out for months.  I ordered a dining table and four chairs before Thanksgiving, and I've finally got a scheduled delivery date of January 30th.  Just more evidence of how the Powers That Be fucked up everything they could to derail the Trump Presidency and screw over honest Americans.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've said it multiple times, last time was last night, but there is 100% something else going on.

It's got to be either an artificial or COVID-based raw materials shortage.  The amount of "WTB" ads is disturbing, to say the least.

It's not just Firearms, though. Look at the appliance repair man, who just a few days ago, told us to treat our appliances well as major parts for them are more than a month out.

My favorite fun store has consolidated their shelves, I foresee my smaller LGS's (and thousands of others in the country) going under soon.

There is absolutely something else afoot.
View Quote
This is how I feel as well.

Seems like war rationing would have felt.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

this..

mags are about to join the ammo situation.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
An average year's worth of production from all manufacturers in the U.S. is typically 10-12 million guns.

2020's NICS check amount was almost 40M.

How many states have CCW licenses that bypass NICS?  What do you think the total number of guns purchased last year was?

It had to be huge.
View Quote

There are some elements to that that aren't readily apparent. One NICS check can cover multiple firearms. NICS checks for private sales are now mandatory in some states. In other states, as you pointed out, a carry permit exempts the transfer from the NICS process. All the raw data confirms is that a lot of guns are changing owners
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:02:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol.

theres a REALLY good chance that a year from now all of the companies you just mentioned will be closed and out of business, unless they manage to score a sweet gov contract to keep themselves in business, because they likely wont be making any civilian sales ever again. just the proposed feinstein ban could accomplish that alone. ban on new ar rifles and ban on ar spare parts, bans on new magazines, bans on this, bans on that, etc.  if were REALLY lucky, we might be able to have the original manufacturer fix a broken extractor, etc, but quite possibly they wont be able to be sold to the public.

its gonna be fucked up, i have zero doubt, because unlike republicans and their worthless promises, democrats seem to manage to get shit they want turned into law.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top