Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2021 1:59:38 PM EDT
I am looking at the possibility of moving to what will probably be a neighboring state.  What is involved in moving to a new state ? Anyone done it ? I have visited lodges in Ga. but never out of state
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Move to the new state and apply for affiliation at your new local lodge.   Once accepted you can remain with your old lodge or demit.  Quick and easy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Move to the new state and apply for affiliation at your new local lodge.   Once accepted you can remain with your old lodge or demit.  Quick and easy.
View Quote
Thanks. I will at least stay on another year in my old lodge.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#4]
You will be fine. The secretary will know how to get it done.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am looking at the possibility of moving to what will probably be a neighboring state.  What is involved in moving to a new state ? Anyone done it ? I have visited lodges in Ga. but never out of state
View Quote

If you move to the Columbia, SC area we will welcome you with open arms to Blythewood Lodge.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you move to the Columbia, SC area we will welcome you with open arms to Blythewood Lodge.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The new lodge will work their Grand Secretary and your current one to verify membership status.

Check your G.L. Code, some do not permit you to affiliate with another Lodge.  Hard to enforce in another sovereign Jurisdiction though.
View Quote

It gets interesting. The MW Grand Master of Mexico of the GL recognized by the GL of Texas is a member of the Dallas, TX Lodge of which I am a member. Makes Lodge meetings interesting when he is in town. At least we are used to having visiting GMs from other jurisdictions ...
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks. I will at least stay on another year in my old lodge.
View Quote

I would never demit from my mother lodge.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top