Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2023 8:35:59 PM EDT
So I nearly had a "I need a gun and I don't have it" moment. I've been getting in my sessions late at night recently. This time, I discovered a number of police cars in the parking lot. It turns out that someone was shooting a car (no one injured as far as I know). If I had been a little earlier, they could've been shooting at me.

I'm not a fan of off body carry, but it looks to be my only option. I can't see how to make on body carry work without the gun getting in the way.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I see people who keep their gym bags with them and I just assume they’re carrying.

I’d think some kind of off body is the best option. Unless you can find a “cool” fanny pick.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you thought about a gym in a different location?

That would rub me the wrong way and I would not be foccused while on the treadmill and lifting.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:31:34 PM EDT
[#3]
They usually don't want you carrying bags in to be with you.

I see people doing it all the time, and they don't say shit. Just hang it on whatever machine you are using.

I carry a CRKT mini karambit on a lanyard under my shirt and then another lanyard with my car keys over my shirt.

Gyms do seem to collect various shitbirds hanging out in the parking lot or lobby. Not all of them do anything about it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jmo371:

That would rub me the wrong way and I would not be foccused while on the treadmill and lifting.
View Quote

Well, it's like a mile from my house

It's actually a nice gym all things considered. A a large variety and quality equipment, a pool. Pretty much anything I could want in a gym.

There's an official "no bag" policy, but I've never seen them enforce it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#5]
The past 3 years I've carried an LCP2 either AIWB in gym shorts or I'll wear cargo shorts and carry it in my pocket.
No sweatidah.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:46:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Small backpack.  Keeps water bottle, boxing gloves, gun, mag, small IFAK.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I used this for years

It's won't fit anything larger than a double stack sub compact, and a single stack is probably ideal. But it is a fast draw, and won't give you away long as you remove the badging.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Ruger LCP in holster in right front pants pocket.  Spare mags and keys in left front pants pocket.

Simple but effective.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jmo371:

View Quote

This was my first thought.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I prop my rattler against the squat rack.

I built a home gym though, and it's also where I dryfire, so may not relate.

that said I have carried an LCP or 365x IWB while lifting. it isn't really fun or anything and gets in the way of some of the stuff I want to do. If I was really concerned I would do a fanny pack or genuinely switch gyms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top