Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2020 11:12:36 AM EDT
Someone is sitting on a domain name I want to purchase.  It expired two days ago.  What is the best way to get to the top of the line to purchase the name?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Try googling - "whois domain.name"

You may get actual contact information for the owner.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you!  
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:24:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I wanted an expiring domain name that was registered with one of the big players a few years back. I bought their service that would register it to me as soon as it became available. Not only did it go to someone else but when I called to find out what happened their customer service rep said basically, we totally dropped the ball, our system didn’t work, too bad so sad go away.

I want to be sure before I name them but don’t assume anything you are signing up for or paying for, and be careful even who you use to search. There are sites that will camp on names and price them for tens of thousands of dollars if they think it has any value at all. Who’s your daddy?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top