Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2020 10:10:03 PM EDT
I haven't tasted but tiny fraction of these taste in a cigar. Many of them I don't want to taste in a cigar.

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#1]
My palate is pretty good, but then I don't smoke cigars so I don't have to contend with all that smokiness. My palette on the other hand is all smeared with paint, reds, ochres, blues, azures, greens like mantis, pine, and mint.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Shitz thought this about snails ...
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 6:02:08 AM EDT
[#3]
It all tastes like tobbaco until I get to the end, then it tastes like rancid eggs.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:33:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry spelling error. I'm still training my speech to text, it makes lots of errors but it beats my mostly useless fingers typing.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont particularly like associating non food products to food flavors...cigars taste like tobacco...some much better than others...
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I never get any of that while smoking a cigar.

Maybe I’m doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 11:03:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The one cigar that comes to mind was an Ave Maria Reconqista(sp). It hit almost all those tastes and flavorers, smoked slow it provided the most different levels I've tasted to date.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 2:30:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Had the taste of raisins on some, coffee, espresso, and or baker's chocolate.

Also that wheel of flavor is missing Leather.  Taste the smell of leather quite often.  Depending on the stick.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm off again, on again trying to express what I'm tasting by comparison, or figure out what I'm tasting. I can taste some of the leather, and nuts, rarely a little chocolate and hay or coffee. But trying to remember when I'm smoking to look for transitions , no. I just notice after a while it's different, but still good, or if it has turned really bad/bitter. I will say on a good to great tasting cigar, it gets even better towards the nub to the point I will keep trying to smoke it till I'm burning my fingers trying to work it.

Oh also I can feel the pepper in a cigar on the retro release, as it burns sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#10]
If you ever watch a youtube video of a review by Tim Rollins he throws out some taste I'm not sure I've ever tasted, not just in a cigar. He can take what I would call a normally "bland" cigar and before he has finished it name a 1/2 dozen flavors he gets out of it.

I never taste that much and I constantly say I think a lot of people over season their food. From south Louisiana and lived in south Texas but neither Mexican food or Cajun food just isn't that hot. But if you get that food elsewhere they skip on flavor and go straight to too much seasoning.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont particularly like associating non food products to food flavors...cigars taste like tobacco...some much better than others...
View Quote

I agree.  I have never tasted the various flavors people use during a review.  They all just taste like different tobaccos to me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:31:48 AM EDT
[#12]
My palate is not that refined. Boston Jimmie on stogie press can get all these different things from smoking a cigar, but I can't. I've picked up sweet flavor before and smoky BBQ, but not much more than that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top