Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2021 9:34:21 PM EDT

I just found out today that my neighbor died a few days ago of COVID. He seemed like a nice guy. His whole family seemed nice.

He contracted COVID from his father (grandpa) who died on December 21st. Now that I've read the obituary and done the math,, I know he had COVID a little over a month before it took his life.

The shitty part is that his son was in my house the day after Christmas. I had a bad feeling when I heard my kids let the neighborhood clan of boys in the front door, so I told them to go outside to play. Seems my intuition is spot on because today I find out that, at that time dad was at home bed ridden with COVID, and grandpa had just died from it. Yet the neighbor kid walks right into my house to hang out.

Kid never said anything about dad being sick or grandpa dying, which tells me he knew not to say anything, and he knew he shouldn't be in my house.

I know now just how shitty the neighbors are. Glad I don't trust people.

I feel terrible for their loss, but I'm pissed they sent there sick kid out to play with the neighbors.  WTF?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the kid even of age to know there was a issue
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the kid even of age to know there was a issue
View Quote

Kid is twelve. Seems old enough to me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
You know the kid was sick, because how?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]
He knew.

People do this all of the time.  They are selfish.

This is the way our society works now.  No accountability nor personal responsibility.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

His father was at his house literally lying in his deathbed just after his grandfather died of COVID. You want to assume the kid was not contagious?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Must be poor genes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He knew.

This is the way our society works now.  No accountability nor personal responsibility.
View Quote

It blows my mind. How hard is it to wait a little until you're well? The lack of self control and consideration for others is mind boggling.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#8]
You must be baking them awfully weird if people are leaving crumbs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It blows my mind. How hard is it to wait a little until you're well? The lack of self control and consideration for others is mind boggling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He knew.

Well, why weren't you wearing your mask?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#10]
If this story contains a shred of truth, covid is not as contagious as we have been led to believe...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

His father was at his house literally lying in his deathbed just after his grandfather died of COVID. You want to assume the kid was not contagious?
View Quote

There is the possibility that he wasn't contagious when he visited, because at that point it had already run its course and infected the family.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

sometimes it works that way. my wife had it and I quarantined with her for 2 weeks. all my tests were negative and I never developed any symptoms.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#13]
But yet here you are, a month later, posting about it on old man faces book.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He knew.

Someone, at some point, has been to your home and spread germs that weren't there before.

Wash your hands.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#15]
And you're a jackass for letting people into your house if you're that worried. No sympathy. Protect your house or don't.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Kids aren't the ones doing the spreading.  Unless they're picking their noses up to their brains and wiping it on your eyeballs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I just found out today that my neighbor died a few days ago of COVID. He seemed like a nice guy. His whole family seemed nice.

He contracted COVID from his father (grandpa) who died on December 21st. Now that I've read the obituary and done the math,, I know he had COVID a little over a month before it took his life.

The shitty part is that his son was in my house the day after Christmas. I had a bad feeling when I heard my kids let the neighborhood clan of boys in the front door, so I told them to go outside to play. Seems my intuition is spot on because today I find out that, at that time dad was at home bed ridden with COVID, and grandpa had just died from it. Yet the neighbor kid walks right into my house to hang out.

Kid never said anything about dad being sick or grandpa dying, which tells me he knew not to say anything, and he knew he shouldn't be in my house.

I feel terrible for their loss, but I'm pissed they sent there sick kid out to play with the neighbors.  WTF?
View Quote

You Da MAN

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU ALLOW A CONTAGIOUS CHILD INTO YOUR HOME.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#19]
If I was the man’s wife I wouldn’t be telling my 12 year old or younger that their dad is on deaths door. Most people do not intentionally cause harm to others. My guess the kids mother was pre-occupied with the grandpas death, her husband being bedridden and likely demise, and how their life will change going forward. Likely the kid was unaware of how his life was going to change as well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Kids aren't the ones doing the spreading.  Unless they're picking their noses up to their brains and wiping it on your eyeballs.
View Quote
Amazing that no one seems to get this.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Lol fucking guy. month later, nothing wrong, let's bitch on arf.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#22]
You're not going to get much sympathy here. People on this forum have said fuck everyone else I have the freedom to get other people sick if they are scared they should stay home.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh they spread it just fine. The only known fix is to wash your damn hands.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You're not going to get much sympathy here. People on this forum have said fuck everyone else I have the freedom to get other people sick if they are scared they should stay home.
View Quote

You/they/he/her should stay the fuck home.

I'd rather pay you guys to stay home than pay EVERYONE to stay home.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#27]
OP would HATE me and my family.

Then again I’m not afraid of a virus that gave my wife sniffles for a few days.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Half of GD will tell you it’s just a flu.
Only 0.1% of people who get it will die.
Y U mas bro?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I met a buddy I hadn't seen in two years.  We met, shook hands, spent almost two hours at a diner eating and chatting.  When we left, we shook hands again.

Two days later he calls me to tell me he tested positive.  He's a shift manager at a Starbucks that does both walk-in and drive-through business,so I can't say I was surprised.

But guess what? I got my own test three days later, and I'm negative.  How can that be? Shouldn't I be in a hospital on a ventilator by now?  Two hours with someone who had it, seated about two feet apart from each other.

I guess I got really lucky and dodged a bullet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
OP would HATE me and my family.

Then again I’m not afraid of a virus that gave my wife sniffles for a few days.
View Quote

I’ll shake your hand. I’m not scared of this shit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Some people don't think unprecedented times be like they is, but they do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I met a buddy I hadn't seen in two years.  We met, shook hands, spent almost two hours at a diner eating and chatting.  When we left, we shook hands again.

Two days later he calls me to tell me he tested positive.  He's a shift manager at a Starbucks that does both walk-in and drive-through business,so I can't say I was surprised.

But guess what? I got my own test three days later, and I'm negative.  How can that be? Shouldn't I be in a hospital on a ventilator by now?  Two hours with someone who had it, seated about two feet apart from each other.

View Quote

I shook hands with an hiv+ lady once. Glad to survive.

You guys have the entirety of mankinds knowledge at your fingertips, but yet here we are.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow. Raise your dosage, dude.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Literally, op made a thread bitching about not getting sick from Corona, a month after "exposure"

30. Days. Later.

Amazing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Crumby, eh?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Based on what you posted sounds like chid was safe to be out. Grandpa had for a month before death gave it to the dad some time in that month (mostly likely at the start).  Plenty of time for them to all test positive and wait two weeks before going out in public.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:51:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Stay inside and WEAR YOUR FUCKING MASK!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#38]
For fucks sake, what is this faggot shit?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:53:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your posts are confusing.

You don't trust people, yet allow them in your home. If your concern was at the level you convey, you would assume everyone is a potential carrier, and not allow anyone in.

Where was the responsibility you bestowed upon your own kids to keep their friends out of the house?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Literally, op made a thread bitching about not getting sick from Corona, a month after "exposure"

30. Days. Later.

Amazing.
View Quote

We could survive being a nation of fools.

We could survive being a nation of pussies.

If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough. We can't be a nation of dumb, weak, pussies. It's a fatal combination.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm 99% sure I had the Chinese virus in December of 2019. I was around people at work and they never got it. I was around my girlfriend and she never got it either.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Stay inside and WEAR YOUR FUCKING MASK!
View Quote
It's been a year of this ridiculous behavior. It obviously has no effect on the virus.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough. We can't be a nation of dumb, weak, pussies. It's a fatal combination.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

30. Days. Later.

Amazing.

I'll bring the chili, you bring the beans
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Lots of seemingly shitty people are everywhere.

Some are posting in this thread.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Co workers wife and two kids under age of 8 were positive.  He quarantined due to work rules for two weeks.  He stayed negative during the whole time since. He was cooking and taking care of the house.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#46]
So 2 people die of covid in your block?
You must be in a real hot spot.
Only 48 have died in my entire county.
And I'm in Illinois so I'm pretty sure that number is complete BS.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
For fucks sake, what is this faggot shit?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

My wife had it. We do more than shake hands. I’m literally posting from the afterlife.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

How many of you got sick from the evil little disease carrier?

OMG your house must be devastated!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm with you OP

That's fucked up

At the minimum, the kid's parents should have know to keep him away or say something to you
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top