Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2024 3:36:47 AM EDT
Would pretty much rule out the sandbagging correct? Have them processed on Election Day.

Just thinking outloud after a long day and some booze....
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:58:52 AM EDT
[#1]
How about get to the polls on election day during business hours with ID and proof of eligibility to cast a vote OR have no say at all on an election.

No early voting.

No absentee voting except for OCONUS .mil.

NO MAIL-IN VOTING OF ANY KIND.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:00:31 AM EDT
[#2]
FPNI
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]
How about only the military can use absentee ballots.

Everyone else either show up and vote or you must not be that interested.

Also make it a national no work day to give people time to vote.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:04:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By maxima2:

View Quote
All of the above also sound great.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:38:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 13Joker:
How about get to the polls on election day during business hours with ID and proof of eligibility to cast a vote OR have no say at all on an election.

No early voting.

View Quote

How about keeping the polls open long enough on election day so someone working a 12 hour shift keeping your lights on can vote.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:40:33 AM EDT
[#6]

No early voting.

View Quote
Don't forget allowing absantee voting for the hundreds of thousands of OCONUS patriots that are American citizens but live in another country.
99% that I know are Trump supporters.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Those are solutions that would prevent, or at least limit, the massive cheating the democrat-communists have planned for the election. Why would they agree to such things? They need their cheats now more than ever given how deeply unpopular the potato and his vapid VP have become.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By maxima2:

View Quote

No, as the military is NOT the only Americans working OCONUS.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:47:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By gtofan:
Would pretty much rule out the sandbagging correct? Have them processed on Election Day.

View Quote

States control their elections.  Do something to get laws passed.

View Quote

That's fucking stupid.  

Plenty of reasons to not be in the area besides being dumb enough to play army overseas.

CONUS .mil, college students, work travel, hospitalized voters, vacationers, the list can go on.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:50:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Another one to add to the list. A district does not upload their results at all until all districts are ready to upload then all upload at the same time. No chance to find/add votes for a candidate that way.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:52:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Gerkyn:
Another one to add to the list. A district does not upload their results at all until all districts are ready to upload then all upload at the same time. No chance to find/add votes for a candidate that way.
View Quote

States control their elections.

Get lawsuit safe laws on the books.

https://www.ncleg.gov/findyourlegislators
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:53:33 AM EDT
[#12]
They need to be limited to the elderly and infirm.

Military folks should have their own ballots and voting network.

Voting should require effort.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:55:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prijador] [#13]
View Quote

OMG That’s like the most racist thing EVER!!!!

(Somehow.  Don’t question it.)
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

That would be racist.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#15]

No early voting.

View Quote

I agree with the premise, but what about the millions of people that do have to work non-locally that day?  Pilots for example?  They all just SOL?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:07:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Some good suggestions. I could see my way to in-person paper ballots and purple ink on a thumb. Shouldn't be so easy/loose that all votes can't be easily audited/confirmed.

Any way, I'm for voter certification by means if passing the US citizenship test. That has nothing to do with nationality, race, whatever. It's all about demonstrating that you understand how the United States are supposed to function before being allowed to vote.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FDC:

That's fucking stupid.  

Plenty of reasons to not be in the area besides being dumb enough to play army overseas.

CONUS .mil, college students, work travel, hospitalized voters, vacationers, the list can go on.

View Quote

Fuck them marxist college kids.  I know for a fact that tons of them here vote absentee from their parents house where they registered, and also from their current school residence.  I reported some up here that were going around in small groups and vouching each other in for same day registration at the precincts of each other's residences so they could all vote in each other's precincts, in addition to their address and their parents.  The authorities here didn't give a shit when I told them.  That was the election where Franken won Senate on his third or fourth recount by a few hundred votes and was the deciding vote for Obamacare.  Vote fruad via absentee ballot (among other methods) is how Minnesota democrats stole the Senate that year.

That same election some fuckface stole my vote.  I showed up to vote and they told me I already had.  Someone went in and told them they were me and voted since they don't require ID.  Signature in the poll book was just a straight line.  I had to cast a provisional ballot which they probably threw away.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#18]

No early voting.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FDC:

That's fucking stupid.  

View Quote

Mil gets a break, everyone else has to decide what is most important, making a buck or voting.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Any vote not counted by election day, will not be counted.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:46:57 AM EDT
[#21]

No early voting.

View Quote
I'm fine with early voting as long as an ID is required.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:50:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kraquine] [#22]
What about allowing for unexpected delays, weather, work outside the U.S., forward deployed military, the elderly, etc., etc...

For now voting is a right for all though some would prefer it be the same as in 1800. The voting structure accomodates the voter, not the other way around.

Laws and regulations based on conspiracy theories is never a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:01:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Matthew_Q] [#23]

No early voting.

View Quote

PLUS paper ballots with serial numbers which are printed beforehand and documented.

Early voting with ID for some period would be good, as several people mentioned some people have legitimate reasons to not be close to home on one specific day. Have all the early vote tallies held until Election Day, so no fuckery can be made to "find" ballots.

All election machines (ballot scanners) should be running open source software. All paper ballots should be retained for at least 3 election cycles and should be fully auditable. In fact, every election should be audited.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By PonderosaPilatus:

I agree with the premise, but what about the millions of people that do have to work non-locally that day?  Pilots for example?  They all just SOL?
View Quote

Fine.

You must provide proof for the need for an absentee ballot, then.  Not at home for work purposes? Provide orders/work documentation or verifiable proof that you can't vote in your district where your absence is not by personal choice.  Go on vacation during election time? Tough shit, you knew the election was going to occur.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#25]

No early voting.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Republicans would still lose because they can’t put a solid plan together better than ‘not him. What we had in the past. Nothing else changes.’
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Fine.

You must provide proof for the need for an absentee ballot, then.  Not at home for work purposes? Provide orders/work documentation or verifiable proof that you can't vote in your district where your absence is not by personal choice.  Go on vacation during election time? Tough shit, you knew the election was going to occur.
View Quote

Wow…that’s a lot of rules just to allow me to vote.  Do I also have to own property?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Fine.

View Quote

Works for me
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

What about allowing for unexpected delays, weather, work outside the U.S., forward deployed military, the elderly, etc., etc...

For now voting is a right for all though some would prefer it be the same as in 1800. The voting structure accomodates the voter, not the other way around.

Laws and regulations based on conspiracy theories is never a good thing.
View Quote

Conspiracy theory?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#30]
that'll work. lefty will for sure follow those laws, especially in dem controlled shitholes.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#31]

No early voting.

View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top