Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2019 6:51:17 PM EDT
There’s always something on the horizon, but with the popularity GoT enjoyed and the acceptance by producers to spend real money on series it seems like there are quite a few big properties in production right now

Dune just wrapped filming with a late-2020 release projected

Amazon has a Middle Earth series in production.

Amazon also has a Wheel Of Time series in pre-production.

Netflix has a reboot series of The Dark Crystal dropping at the end of August.

Netflix also has Witcher coming a little later this year.

The show runner for Man In The High Castle has optioned GW’s Eisenhorn for development.

Amazon’s upcoming Carnival Row looks to be firmly based in fantasy.

Disney+ will reportedly be kicking off their streaming service with The Mandalorian produced by Jon Favreau.

That’s all I can pull off the top of my head at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a damn good list.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#2]
William Gibson's The Peripheral is being made into a show on Amazon.

Still waiting for Neuromancer, but I think the closest we'll ever get is Inception. Not AI, but nailed the feel of the story.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There’s always something on the horizon, but with the popularity GoT enjoyed and the acceptance by producers to spend real money on series it seems like there are quite a few big properties in production right now

Dune just wrapped filming with a late-2020 release projected

Amazon has a Middle Earth series in production.

Amazon also has a Wheel Of Time series in pre-production.

Netflix has a reboot series of The Dark Crystal dropping at the end of August.

Netflix also has Witcher coming a little later this year.

The show runner for Man In The High Castle has optioned GW’s Eisenhorn for development.

Amazon’s upcoming Carnival Row looks to be firmly based in fantasy.

Disney+ will reportedly be kicking off their streaming service with The Mandalorian produced by Jon Favreau.

That’s all I can pull off the top of my head at the moment.  
View Quote
I just saw the casting for WoT. The very SJW casting of WoT. Yes, RJ had different ethnicities in his books. He specifically mention the Tariens have dark skin, the Seafolk have even darker skin, some countries have olive skin, etc. However, in the Two Rivers, Rand is remarkable for his height, his red hair, and his grey eyes. Everyone else is Two Rivers. Strangers are noticed because they look different. AND yet, they cast a black guy as Perrin, a white guy as Mat, an indian lady as Nyneave and a black lady as Egwene. You don't want them to be white? Fine. But cast them all the same. Nope, gotta be inclusive. I'm sure we'll find out Nyneave is a transgender and Perrin is gay.

I was already on the fence due to the way they describe the show revolving around Moiraine instead of the way the book followed the boys and Nynaeve for the most part. This just confirms that I don't want to see this. But hey, I didn't like the GOT show either. Nor did I like the Expanse. Or the Takeshi Kovacks loosely based show. Man, I wish people would just do faithful TV versions of these series. Friggin' Hollywood.

I have faith in the Dark Crystal series, though. The trailer looks good. Was never my favorite movie, but the show looks to at least faithfully recreate the look and feel.

Middle-Earth? Ehhhhhh. The movies are classic. I like them more than the books, as Tolkien's writing style is not my favorite. The Hobbit movies were good. Not AS good, but still good. I'm not sure Amazon can capture any of that magic. But The Boys was excellent, so who knows. Maybe they can pull it off again. Carnival Row looks great too.

Have you seen the news they are making an Event Horizon series?

Movies I wish they would make: A sequel to Alita. I liked that movie a lot. I'll get hate, but I think the pacing and story were better than the manga. Also, a sequel to Valerian. I liked that movie too, despite popular opinion being that it sucked. A sequel to Pandorum, which had been in the works and was then left in oblivion.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The Eisenhorn show, if true to the books could be quite good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:14:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I had seen trailers for this months ago and forgot about it, trailers are on TV again.  Release on Sep 20.

Ad Astra | IMAX Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had seen trailers for this months ago and forgot about it, trailers are on TV again.  Release on Sep 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsCNKuB93BA
View Quote
Interesting
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#7]
New Terminator: Dark Fate trailer

Terminator: Dark Fate - Official Trailer (2019) - Paramount Pictures

I have near no interest in seeing it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I was bummed to see that Wheel of Time is going to be done partially in blackface.  To me that's like filming Shaka Zulu with a half white cast playing Zulu warriors.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
New Terminator: Dark Fate trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxy8udgWRmo

I have near no interest in seeing it.
View Quote
I know, I'm on the fence. I'll probably wait until a bluray release. I just think T2 ended the story perfectly and there wasn't much need to go on. Sadly the TV series was the best thing since T2, and even that wasn't great.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I know, I'm on the fence. I'll probably wait until a bluray release. I just think T2 ended the story perfectly and there wasn't much need to go on. Sadly the TV series was the best thing since T2, and even that wasn't great.
View Quote
Shet yo ho mouf!

Link Posted: 9/6/2019 1:34:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like A24 has gotten the rights to leGuin's Earthsea and is ready to test the saying, "third time'sthe charm."  They're supposedly shopping it around to networks and streaming services.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#12]
It was good, but not great. Salvation could have been good, but some of the choices made in that movie killed it. T3 was trash, Genysis was a trash fire.

Of course, this is just like Aliens for me. Alien and Aliens are perfect. Everything else sucked to varying degrees. Blomkamp had a chance to fix it, but they screwed his movie to let Ridley Scott go ahead and make it even worse.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 11:43:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It was good, but not great. Salvation could have been good, but some of the choices made in that movie killed it. T3 was trash, Genysis was a trash fire.

Of course, this is just like Aliens for me. Alien and Aliens are perfect. Everything else sucked to varying degrees. Blomkamp had a chance to fix it, but they screwed his movie to let Ridley Scott go ahead and make it even worse.
View Quote
Dont forget he had to include an interracial sex scene in those.  Shit, 2 that are implied.

I regret giving that old degenerate a dime for those godawful movies
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:00:50 AM EDT
[#14]
CBS remake of The Stand is coming... there's talk of a reboot or slight variation of Battlestar Galactica...
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:01:02 AM EDT
[#15]
CBS remake of The Stand is coming... there's talk of a reboot or slight variation of Battlestar Galactica...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top