Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2022 3:48:24 PM EDT
who willy-nilly change/delete posts, then leave snarky and insulting messages?
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:22:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Is there an ETA on this?

I'd like to register a complaint.  

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there an ETA on this?

I'd like to register a complaint.  

View Quote

Unicorn farts and fairy dust..  

I will believe it when I see it.  All criticism will get here is circling the wagons tighter.  It doesn't matter that criticism is meant for the better or worse..  You can't question the authoritah.  

We don't need those lame old blood posters anyway.  They don't bring the clicks like the trolls.  

Hiding the lock flag on the profile...  

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#4]
This is coming from someone whose been here a fairly long time and deals with peer review/discipline in the workplace. I’ve noticed a long term trend towards consolidating and expanding the plenary authority of mods and staff.

The removal of account lock notices, and heavy moderation of discussion about locks/bans, are not conveying a culture of due process and transparency. Those are regressive steps.

It’s like going to work in the morning and finding Larry’s cubicle cleaned out. If anyone asks what happened or discusses it around the water cooler, the boss shuts off the wifi and threatens to lock the employee break room.

It might go a long way for transparency to make public the rules and processes the mods and staff are required to follow. That’s an easy move that requires little more than a tacked post.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
This suggestion is an old one. Goatboy even started a lengthy thread in Team once that saw many suggestions. All for naught. The moderation process is broken, and there is no desire to fix it. Posting about it is not only pointless, but usually leads to warnings/locks/bans. We'll see if that applies in this forum as well as GD, I guess. If this thread had been posted in GD, it would have been nuked the same day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top