[#1]
He's not wrong.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sad how many here applaud his killing.
View Quote

There is a difference between applause, and indifference.

I'd bet most here did / do not have any fucks to give regarding this collision of Mensa candidates.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Without agreeing or disagreeing with what he said, I believe this is just another case of 1st amendment rights, and the law in general, being applied selectively to certain classes or groups. Its is true that he violated his employer's policy and that is the reason they are using to fire him, but it's broader than that.  I suspect that it would not take long to find other social media posts, from other deputies, that also cross this imaginably line, but with comments that leaned in a different direction.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's Houston County Georgia... not Texas.
View Quote

And they pronounce it “house ton” not “hue ston”
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Even if Arbery is a thug POS he has outed more shitheads in the legal system than anyone would have expected, pretty fly for a dead guy.
View Quote

Literally doing the job the DoJ and GBI cannot do - from beyond the grave.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And if you read the long fucking 181 page thread on the topic, you would see I have said exactly that.

Even so, Arbery was an almost complete waste of cells and user of oxygen. I cry no tears for his demise. The attempts at the convicted father and the first DA to subvert the justice system were a much bigger concern for me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

yeah, Arbery was a thug, but nope, those assclowns had zero business doing anything they did that day. This is evidenced by their display of EXTREMELY DIMINISHED critical thinking skills before the shooting, during the chase, immediately after the shooting, when questioned by police and during their trail.

Everything they did was almost completely textbook "DON'T DO THIS!".

But hey, thanks for showing you true colors. Your level of cogitation seems to be in line with theirs. With your line of thought, only a matter of time before you too will have to involuntarily join the Aryan Nation or MS13 or Black Brotherhood in prison to protect your ass.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

yeah, Arbery was a thug, but nope, those assclowns had zero business doing anything they did that day. This is evidenced by their display of EXTREMELY DIMINISHED critical thinking skills before the shooting, during the chase, immediately after the shooting, when questioned by police and during their trail.

But hey, thanks for showing you true colors. Your level of cogitation seems to be in line with theirs. With your line of thought, only a matter of time before you too will have to involuntarily join the Aryan Nation or MS13 or Black Brotherhood in prison to protect your ass.
View Quote

Love the bigotry of low expectations people are using to completely ignore or try really hard to play down Arbery charging a man with a shotgun for the express purpose to take it away from them.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Love the bigotry of low expectations people are using to completely ignore or try really hard to play down Arbery charging a man with a shotgun for the express purpose to take it away from them.  

View Quote

What did they think he was going to do with the shotgun once he got it?

And I have more questions.

1 - When will Arbery be canonized?  We haven't heard a thing.

2 - What will he be the patron saint of?  George Floyd has already claimed Fentanyl, and Trayvon's got skittles locked up.

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I mean, I'm all for complete indifference to the death of a long time thug if not a little celebration, but that was an amazing collision of retards. How do you react if someone pulls a shotgun on you? Your lizard brain decides to fight or flight and his went to fight status. I'm not really sure which is the better response when all you're armed with is your trusty jogging hammer (never leave home without it) and your timberland jogging boots.

As for the topic of this thread, random nobody says thing practically everyone has said an equivalent comment about in this context or a near identical one, suddenly national news.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder what kind of games a defense attorney is going to play once this guy arrests a black again?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's audio of Arbery stating his intention to disarm the shooter?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He didn't have boots on, he didn't have a hammer and he didn't fight the guy who shot him.
View Quote
Get out of here with pesky facts bird!
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I mean, I'm all for complete indifference to the death of a long time thug if not a little celebration, but that was an amazing collision of retards. How do you react if someone pulls a shotgun on you? Your lizard brain decides to fight or flight and his went to fight status. I'm not really sure which is the better response when all you're armed with is your trusty jogging hammer (never leave home without it) and your timberland jogging boots.

As for the topic of this thread, random nobody says thing practically everyone has said an equivalent comment about in this context or a near identical one, suddenly national news.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He didn't have boots on, he didn't have a hammer and he didn't fight the guy who shot him.
View Quote

Arbery closes the distance through his own choice with McMichael, passes their truck, chooses to turn 90* to engage with Travis.

Pretty open and shut to me
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then he really made the wrong choice in this hypothetical situation. At least you could throw your jogging hammer at the guy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Comments like this never fail to reinforce my belief in the stupidity of so much of the population.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The only time I've been in rural Georgia was when I stopped for gas heading back from Florida. I was paying inside for gas and thought "What smells like gun powder" I looked around and there was fireworks stacked on card tables everywhere. The whole place smelled of it I left quickly
View Quote
Wait until you walk into one heating the place with a wood stove  
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well the defense could not prove he was up to no good and therefore it is irrelevant. Even if he was a thug you don't have the right to shoot people just because they are a thug.
View Quote

In Texas we do.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think people are just happy to see some small outcome against the rampant crime and lawlessness that we see around us more and more lately, and don't think about what it means to the people involved.  I'm pretty sure he was up to no good, casing houses and probably stealing stuff.  Certainly nobody deserves to die for that.  But actions have a range of likely outcomes, and if you choose to take an action, you choose the chance of those outcomes.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Arbery closes the distance through his own choice with McMichael, passes their truck, chooses to turn 90* to engage with Travis.

View Quote

Travis testified in court that he moved to the right side of the truck to intercept Arbery. No 90 degree turn.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's Houston County Georgia... not Texas.
View Quote

I wonder how many people on here know how to pronounce it properly... or at least in the local vernacular. Hint, it ain't like the one in Texas.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I find it fascinating that so many want to carry water for the convicted when they themselves admitted they hadn't seen the deceased do anything wrong, repositioned their vehicle and themselves multiple time to cut off his escape path(s) and threatened to kill him before ultimately firing the fatal shot.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Every single breath you could take about the Arbery case, in defense of the three dumbasses was uttered and debunked in the 180 page thread. In fact, whenever there was any doubt, said three dumbasses would  (either via direct testimony or transcript) show just how incredibly stupid they were  that day, and beyond.

I could make a list, but I can see your sole interest is to wrap yourself in the dichotomy of what you FEEL, versus what actually transpired.

As to what transpired ? We have direct testimony and video evidence from all of those retards.

If you made a list of your arguments - in defense of the 3 clowns, I could direct you to the page in that thread where said retarded arguments were deconstructed, and dismissed. Maybe you were even in that thread, and got shut the fuck down and decided to make another stab at it here?

- I don't think father and son decided to chase down and ensnare any random Negro that day, they simply let enthusiasm and adrenaline far outstrip frontal lobe processing and logic.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They chased the guy down two roads and turned around twice trying to block his way. Arbery was trying to get away from three armed murderers (well tow anyways) in vehicles not to mention in such a corrupt shit hole that two different DA's tried to cover it up
View Quote

Bullshit , that's not what I believe.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

In uniform identifying you as a peace or police officer, in a space relatively open to the public? Who else has done that?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Houston intelligence right there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#32]
This was basically a Michael Dunn do-over with a larger cast. You had a case with a quite possibly legit bad actor turned into a terrible shoot by the actions of morons.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Administering the death penalty for petty theft is probably not a good strategy, going forward.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why? Why is it sad? He grabbed a man's shotgun. To me that's a manifestation of intent. You can safely assume that if you're holding a shotgun at the low ready and some jogger comes and tries to take it from you that he means you harm.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well the defense could not prove he was up to no good and therefore it is irrelevant. Even if he was a thug you don't have the right to shoot people just because they are a thug.
View Quote

There's video of the moments leading up to the shooting wherein you can see the jogger grabbing the defendant's shotgun. That's shootable, especially when the shooter had his shotgun at the low ready as opposed to pointing it at the jogger.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If he had merely cuffed him and put him in his car he would have ODed, and likely we would never have heard this morons name.

St Floyd was a retard, you never stick around if you think the cops are coming, especially when you are holding drugs, but hey, what do I know since I am not a fucking retard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he had merely cuffed him and put him in his car he would have ODed, and likely we would never have heard this morons name.

St Floyd was a retard, you never stick around if you think the cops are coming, especially when you are holding drugs, but hey, what do I know since I am not a fucking retard.

Floyd was unable to leave the area of Cup Foods in the immediate aftermath of his failed attempt to use a counterfeit $20 bill. The reason he was unable to leave was because he was passed out. The reason he was passed out was because he was overdosing on depressant drugs. That's also what killed him. Chauvin's crime was not giving a fuck that the junkie he was kneeling on was OD'ing, not murder.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol what did you expect?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Some things you just say in your head. You damn sure don’t let it fly on record in a public forum.

If he’s so stupid that he can’t figure that out, he shouldn’t be an officer.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

2 - What will he be the patron saint of?  George Floyd has already claimed Fentanyl, and Trayvon's got skittles locked up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that one chick has “say her name” St Babbit
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
They chased the guy down two roads and turned around twice trying to block his way. Arbery was trying to get away from three armed murderers (well tow anyways) in vehicles not to mention in such a corrupt shit hole that two different DA's tried to cover it up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn’t matter...he was black and consider here as a thug...running away from armed men is a crime and he deserved what he got according to some members here all murderers involved should have walked free and been celebrated!
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

First off, there's no Black Brotherhood. There's Mau Mau, Black Guerilla Family, DC Blacks...a few others. You don't get to "join" the Aryan Brotherhood because you're white, you get to do what the AB says because you're white but if you're someone they feel would add something to their group you may be asked if you want to begin the process of joining. The people who were sent to prison for killing a guy who was in the process of attempting to take another man's gun will not be asked to join any security threat groups, other than maybe the Pesetas, a gang for protective custody inmates, most of whom are dropouts from other gangs.

Re-read your post. In your post you advocate for the rights of "joggers" to forcibly disarm law abiding citizens who're doing nothing wrong. The man was standing in the street with a shotgun. He wasn't pointing it at the jogger, there's no allegations that he was communicating a verbal threat at the time he was set upon by the jogger...there's just a video of a man standing in his own neighborhood safely and legally open carrying a shotgun and then shooting a man who attacked him and attempted to forcibly disarm him.

You're against people being in their own neighborhood legally carrying firearms, and you're in favor of joggers being allowed to attack anyone they see legally bearing arms.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just their culture. They like to try to take your gun and shoot you with it when they're jogging. You can't judge them for that, it's their way...
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're right, he was wearing his athletic sandals. When he attacks the man who was legally open carrying a shotgun held at the low ready and attempts to take his shotgun we're unable to see everything that goes on but in this video at :23 and :29 it looks as if jogger performed some strange activity with his arms and hands that involved him thrusting the aforementioned appendages at the head and shoulders of the shooter, almost like he's trying to hurt him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLN4PAJEYc8
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

There's audio of Arbery stating his intention to disarm the shooter?
View Quote

Can we not infer anything about his intentions based on his actions? Does he have to make the announcement: "I, Ahmed 'The Jogger' Arbery am hereby stating my intention to remove this shotgun from this man's hands and to then use it to commit murder"? No, he doesn't. He cannot claim self-defense because the shooter wasn't aiming the weapon at him, and he can't claim that he was being kidnapped because he exectued a 90° turn to his right and sprinted at the shooter, hitting him in his head with a closed fist.

Look, I understand the need to publicly proclaim how much you love minorities and to publicly denounce racists and racism in the pursuit of internet clout. I understand that most of the people on this site are conservatives and white and have spent most of their lives being beaten over the head with accusations of racism and that nowadays it's just assumed that we're all a bunch of klansmen unless and until we prove otherwise, and I understand the natural urge to flock around a thing like this and say, "YEAH, these guys were bad and they got what they deserved" so that you can later look back on your proclamation and say, "No, look, see? I condemned racism back when those rednecks shot that poor innocent jogger, I'm not a racist, I'm a good person!" and that you probably expect people to acknowledge your beneficence and say what a great non-racist you are. You expect credit for your open-mindedness and your even temperment and you feel good.

You will not receive credit nor recognition. You'll still be assumed to be racist. Just stop trying.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Get out of here with pesky facts bird!
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLN4PAJEYc8

:23 and :29 seconds, he attacks. Jogging sandals, not boots.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Why? Why is it sad? He grabbed a man's shotgun. To me that's a manifestation of intent. You can safely assume that if you're holding a shotgun at the low ready and some jogger comes and tries to take it from you that he means you harm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well the jury has spoken and you are in disagreement with the decision.   That just makes you wrong.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Saying that "they blocked his way" is a stretch. They stopped their trucks and he ran around the stopped truck. They weren't chasing him, they were FOLLOWING him. At the time the jogger had no way of knowing that he was being chased by murderers, and just as police can't justify their actions with things they learn about the suspect later joggers also can't justify their stupid decisions by bringing up things that they didn't know at the time of their stupid decision.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think people are just happy to see some small outcome against the rampant crime and lawlessness that we see around us more and more lately, and don't think about what it means to the people involved.  I'm pretty sure he was up to no good, casing houses and probably stealing stuff.  Certainly nobody deserves to die for that.  But actions have a range of likely outcomes, and if you choose to take an action, you choose the chance of those outcomes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Arbery was a low life thug.

I am not sure that on the day he died, he was up to thug life shit.

View Quote

Isn't he on video trying to grab a guy's shotgun out of his hands?

I wonder what he would have done with that shotgun once he stole it?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top