Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2023 3:42:50 PM EDT
I am always in search of unique - and incredibly spicy - hot sauces. My favorite, for many years, was Hellfire & Damnation. It has a fairly robust amount of heat and incredible flavor. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find it for a very long time.

Attachment Attached File

I came across these two recently. The Bravado Spice Co. Black Garlic Carolina Reaper is very good. Not as spicy as expected, but with some sweet smokiness - from maple syrup, of all things.

Elijah’s Xtreme Regret will burn on its way down and light your entire mouth on fire. It’s also got a garlic flavor and includes plenty of carrot and vinegar to provide a distinct flavor.

Of the two, Bravado is the definitely going to be more appealing to amateurs. But Elijah’s gets my vote.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good, but I can't experiment with hot sauces at 50 y.o.
like I did in my 20's through 40's.

Link Posted: 6/18/2023 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:
Looks good, but I can't experiment with hot sauces at 50 y.o.
like I did in my 20's through 40's.

View Quote

I’m 59. Thank goodness my stomach can still handle these. I have to enjoy them while I can.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm 66 and I think Tabasco is for people who don't like spicy food.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#4]
62 and eating more hot sauce than ever.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Rodent:
I'm 66 and I think Tabasco is for people who don't like spicy food.
View Quote

@Rodent

Try this one and get back to me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 5:35:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh ya. well try this one and get back to us:  

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Samyang Sauce.  That's the stuff they put on the super spicy hot ramen that people like to make videos about. You can buy it direct in a bottle.  A few drops makes a whole dish warm and a few more shakes makes it a challenge.

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#9]
That Bravado sauce is definitely in my rotation.

Also Senor Lechuga .001
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:54:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TREETOP:
Try this one and get back to us.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146/9FACCC45-D8E0-4321-911C-FF5BABFBEED7-1522597.jpg
View Quote
^this

Check out First We Feast on youtube for all the idiot celebs eating increasingly hotter wings while being interviewed.

Their sauces can be found here by the season of the show:

https://heatonist.com/
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:51:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Spydermonkey:
^this

Check out First We Feast on youtube for all the idiot celebs eating increasingly hotter wings while being interviewed.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spydermonkey:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146/9FACCC45-D8E0-4321-911C-FF5BABFBEED7-1522597.jpg
^this

I was happy with the season set that I bought last year. Even the hotter sauces brought some pretty decent flavors, but I discovered it's best to moderate my intake as the heat goes up to avoid unpleasant side effects the best day.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:01:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RR_Broccoli:
Samyang Sauce.  That's the stuff they put on the super spicy hot ramen that people like to make videos about. You can buy it direct in a bottle.  A few drops makes a whole dish warm and a few more shakes makes it a challenge.

https://i.redd.it/1yh24f15vxz21.jpg
View Quote

fuuuuck that!
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:04:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#13]

This is my go to actually. You can buy a 60oz jug for around $30-$50. Saves a shit ton over the tiny bottles in the store. The flavor is amazing and their Schoville rating is way off. I can eat a habanero whole and this stuff will tear me up and punch me in the gut if I over do it.

I haven’t found a capsaicin extract sauce that didn’t taste like someone barfed up ghost peppers and salt.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
Dirty Dick's is one of my favorites for wings. Queen Majesty Hot Bonnet & Ginger for salsa or guac.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Bravado blubbery ghost is really good too. Not very spicy, and surprisingly not super blueberry, but it brings this sweet warmness that's really good. Excellent on pizza
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#16]
The Torchbearer Zombie Apocalypse sauce is great on tacos.  It's Ghost chili's and Habaneros along with garlic and a bright citrus note from mandarin orange.

It's really, really good.  It's very hot, but not so hot you can't shake enough on to enjoy the flavor along with the heat.  

The Elijah's extreme regret has a good flavor too, but it's probably 50% hotter than this.

Also, Scorned Woman hot sauce has a great flavor and is definitely one of the hotter sauces I've tried.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Here is something I found that I like on about anything you would put ketchup on. Ketchup turned up to 100.
Attachment Attached File

https://hoffandpepper.com/collections/orderhoffsauce/products/new-hoffs-smoken-ghost-ketchup?
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been a hot sauce lover for years and years, and actually have gotten into making my own in recent years as well.

Some of my all time favorites to buy are:

Volcanic Peppers - Thor's Hammer
Bravado - Aka Miso (this one will still humble me if I put too much)
Buc-ees - Taco Reaper
Hoff - Hoff Sauce
Queen Majesty - Scotch Bonnet & Ginger
High Desert - Tikk-Hot Masala

I started growing my own peppers and making my own hot sauce in 2020. Its been a huge learning experience, but I'm finally nailing down my recipes and will hopefully be laying the groundwork next year to start producing on a larger scale and begin selling at farmers markets, events, online, etc. I'm finalizing my move from CA to TN next month, so I'll finally have the space to grow the amount of peppers I need to up my sauce production.
Most of my flavors are combinations I wanted in a hot sauce (and could not find), or just combinations that I've tried on a whim that end up working well. My Reaper Sauce is my love child though, its gone through the most variations, and perfectly encapsulates what I look for in a Reaper Sauce: Plenty of Reaper burn, but also substantial secondary flavor and body to the sauce. I HATE watery, runny sauces.

I currently have 7 flavors of sauce always available (6 are shown in the picture). Plus I'm always creating and trying new recipes and test batches based on the unique peppers I'm growing during the year. Hopefully next year, some of those recipes will be released as limited quantity batches. For me, there is almost a thrill in creating new, unique recipes that work together. I don't mind the production aspec of my regular flavors, but nothing beats turning a flavor idea into reality, and it working out better than you could ever expect.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Some good in this thread. @totalabuse makes some really good sauces that are very tasty and are available through him. highly recommended.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Impressive collection you have there... Thats a lot of heat on that door
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 2:38:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#23]
I love heat and garlic but I hate extract-sauces.  Too chemically bitter flavor.  It stick to naturally hot ones.

A couple good natural ones to try:
Cajohns Lethal Injestion
Mild to Wild Pure Arson
Mild to Wild Red Savina Garlic
Cajohns El Chupacabra

That garlic reaper sauce you posted looks good.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

Just bought this 3 pack since I’m obsessed with Joe Rogan.  I’ll report back with a review
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top