Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/1/2022 4:37:36 PM EDT
Thanks to someone somewhere for letting me know about this gadget!

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B006H5V8US?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I'm having leftover Rigatoni spaghetti with a ton of permesean on, it is fucking great. No more fast food shitty burgers, or cold sandwiches or stockpiling something in the office freezer you hope no one steals and having to wait to use a nasty microwave someone just warmed up some dead fish in.

It is made by Crock-Pot, but isn't a cooker, just a warmer. It holds 20 ounces. In the reviews someone said they also heat up breakfast sandwiches in it. That is next to try.

Sorry, I was kind of bored.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Neat  also see a bunch of 110v/12v versions on there.  Wonder if they work just as well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a hotlogic in my car. Game changer.  Just need a mobile hot pot to make tea with.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#3]
In my days of traveling, I would occasionally end up in a hotel without a microwave, or one that didnt work.  It is possible to warm up some canned pasta in the coffee pot.  Even warmed up a slice of pizza using the clothes iron.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Who puked in your hot pot OP?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks annoying as fuck to clean in the office bathroom.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
How To Make A Jailhouse Ramen Noodle Brick/Spread | Jail & Prison Recipes
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll just warm an MRE at the desk against a rock or something.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#9]
They do make zip up, insulated lunch boxes with essentially a hot plate inside that you can plug into any outlet.  We got one for our kid when she would go to a homeschool co-op where there was no microwave, so she could have a hot lunch.  Look on Amazon.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#10]
My first dorm room didn't have AC. Just a big old steam radiator next to the windows. Worked well for warming up pizza. Probably could do the same thing with a small space heater and a metal cup or ceramic mug.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll just warm an MRE at the desk against a rock or something.
View Quote

G-DAMMIT!  Beat again!  Was going to ask "Do I have a rock or something?"
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who puked in your hot pot OP?
View Quote

Some fat Italian lady, I think. I hope she does it again!
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

The inner pot comes out, that travels home for a wash and refill, leave the warmer at the office.

I'm going to make a batch of chili and freeze pucks of it in the round Glad sealable containers to heat up.

The thing works great. Haters.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Plenty of turbochargers around..
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Neat!  Certainly adds a new dimension to brown bagging (and I don't do microwave).
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I buy self heating hot pots from the Asian market. Delicious and warm
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I have one of those! bought it in like 2012

it works fantastic.

Also don't urban dictionary "hot lunch"
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I once warmed a hot pocket on a computer terminal...... Hoooootttt pocketttt
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

You just need to go find the nearest female coworker and instruct her to wash it, obviously...

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#20]
My wife uses hers regularly during the winter for chili or stew in the office. I had no idea they existed until she showed up with one. Ingenious!
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#21]
My metal waste basket and charcoal briquettes work for me.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#22]
We can't have anything that plugs into an outlet...
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

what if it's  hard wired into a battery?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I use a hotlogic in my car. Game changer.  Just need a mobile hot pot to make tea with.
View Quote

This is genius. My office is a car and I never knew such a thing existed. This could vastly open up lunch options!
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I have upped my lunch game at work so freaking much since I got my Hotlogic.

I originally got it for those lunch-sized stouffers and michelinas type frozen meals - but now I have a collection of portable Pyrex dishes and eat left overs exclusively.  Hot Logic is awesome.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#26]
What? You don’t make a fire with your TPS reports?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Duh,

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The inner pot comes out, that travels home for a wash and refill, leave the warmer at the office.

I'm going to make a batch of chili and freeze pucks of it in the round Glad sealable containers to heat up.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79749/insert_jpg-2620307.JPG

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You son of a bitch, I’m in.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I've always just used a Thermos soup thing. Comes with a folding spoon too.

My wife just heats up whatever is for lunch in it before leaving the house.

Stays warm until lunch.

If i have to plug in a mini crackpot. Which is cool. I'd just buy a mini microwave. Unless that's a no-go.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#31]
You eat lunch?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

what if it's hard wired into a battery?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what if it's hard wired into a battery?

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You eat lunch?
View Quote

If I am lucky enough to have brought my own. This is in CA's Bay Area / Silicon Valley. You can't get a gumball for less than a dollar. Fuck the at least $10 a day minimum for either a shitty, and bad for you, meal deal, or [somewhat heathier] sandwich ($200 month). A $2 can of chili or soup is good enough for me ($40/month).

Once in a blue moon I'll go out for a food coma at a great Mexican place and spend $20 with a generous tip for some Chiles Rellenos with a taco, enchilada, salad, rice, beans, and some tortillas though..

I'll continue to be poor (and eat frugally) over here. Leftovers are practically free.

I am looking to expand on the options, like as noted in the OP, warming a breakfast sammy, or building bagel pizzas for lunch. I am an inventor of dunken type food's at heart.

Can I get a FJB's economy?

I need to source something like this PC fan grill to expand my horizons. I'll bend the ears down for a perfect standoff. It is like $2, but I can probably find one for free if I look hard enough. I ain't paying shipping.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Did you throw up your lunch back into it?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#36]
I'd be cooking broccoli in the office microwave, along with some nice parmesan salmon or trout
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#37]
When do you reheat your first trout?

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Did you throw up your lunch back into it?
View Quote

You are pretty late with the insult, and it is not very original, either.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Indian tiffin box for the win.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd be cooking broccoli in the office microwave, along with some nice parmesan salmon or trout
View Quote

I'd be down with the broccoli, but I don't nuke fish, like the 4 or 5 people that would be ahead of me to use EACH of the 3 or 4 zappers available. This is Silicon Valley.. They ONLY eat fish. The entire breakroom is uninhabittable for hours from like 11:30 until 2 or 3. Fresh broccoli would likely taste like surströmming. I ain't trying that, I've seen the videos.

I can have lunch when I want, on my terms, and tastes, and don't even have to leave my desk. For cheap, or nearly free.

ETA.. Maybe Pale Pony was on my side, and was fighting fire with fire?

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#41]

I keep a jetboil minimo+fuel in my toolbox.
Nice for making soup or rice or whatever at work.

I fried some spam the other night.
Someone came over to see why it smelled so good in the shop
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 11:10:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
a ton of permesean
View Quote

DAYUM. Spell much?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
MRE
View Quote

How much do those cost each? Are they worth it?

I DCA here.. I go to work and get out and back home as soon as I can as economically as I can.  I can spend more than $.50, but not more than a few bucks for lunch like in the olden days. One used to get a huge sandwich for like $5.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

DAYUM. Spell much?
View Quote

OK, Mr. Nazi. One letter, but fair enough. I rib people in my own mind sometimes. I have seen much more egregious violations of our language before. I do tend to look things up if I am not sure as well.

My favorite was "groce", meaning "gross".

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#46]
I have been using a modern style Indian Tiffin for years. Works great. The Indians had lunch figured out a LONG time ago.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 11:24:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve used one for years and agree with you its great.

If you have 2 hours and a 110 outlet you can let it sit by, it will reheat anything that will fit in the pot.

Same thing you are going to do with chili freezing them in the cup and a half screw top ziploc containers, you can do with stew, soup, hamburger helper, even left over shepherds pie.

Works great too if you cut if a couple (or more depending what you like) hot dogs or smokies, and add a can of beans. If you like just steamed hot dogs, you can usually cram a couple (or cut them in half to fit) in the pot, add a couple tbsp of water, and in a couple hours they are good and hot, ready to eat or throw in a bun.

Cans of Chunky soup fit perfect too. Make a little spice shelf or take a jar of seasoning salt with you, and you can jazz up just about any of those soups (I find them convenient but bland normally)

You can get fancy too, such as buying some premade restaurant banana-leaf wrapped sticky rice, put it in the pot, add a couple tbsp of water and let steam for a few hours. Or buy the costco frozen french onion soup portions and put one in for a couple hours.

It is well worth the money spent, if you like having a hot lunch.

ETA: I think Amazon sells spare pots, or just buy a whole second unit for its spare pot, as having the two pots to alternate days, especially if you take back home to clean, is really handy.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Maybe it is just me, but...

I don't have space for an oven of any size or kind, on my desk. Nor, a miniature microwave.

Nor, a turbocharger..

Nor, proper ventilation for a trash can and charcoal briquets.. I am also pretty sure combustible gas is frowned upon. We have the local Fire Marshall making walks through the 'jernt monthly.

This warmer is about the size of a cantaloupe. It doesn't have an ON/OFF switch, so I use a power strip with a switch.

It is OK, keep on with your few hundred each month for your lunch though, I can live with it. It is your money!

I do feel for you gents that work from your truck. I hope the thread may make you think outside of the box. There are always options!

Does anyone want $50 in Starbucks gift cards for $40 in cash? I haven't been there since Covid.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top