Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2018 5:19:16 PM EDT
So my wife's friend had their garage broken into recently. She now wants to carry while at home. What are some of the better options for a woman to carry while wearing a dress? I believe she has an M&P Shield. Thank you ladies, in advance, for your time and input. It is most appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a lady but an instructor who follows women's issues like this.

According to Limatunes and another lady on YouTube (forgot the name), a thigh holster under a dress seems to work well for them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 1:16:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not a lady but an instructor who follows women's issues like this.

According to Limatunes and another lady on YouTube (forgot the name), a thigh holster under a dress seems to work well for them.
View Quote
Did they give any suggestions of a specific brand of thigh holster or are they pretty much even keel?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out the various reviews by limatunes (Melody Lauer) here:
Limatunes Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=limatunes
Faliaphotography YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=faliaphotography+channel
Cornered Cat Website - http://www.corneredcat.com/

These are the three "go to" locations for good info on carrying solutions for women.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So my wife's friend had their garage broken into recently. She now wants to carry while at home. What are some of the better options for a woman to carry while wearing a dress? I believe she has an M&P Shield. Thank you ladies, in advance, for your time and input. It is most appreciated.
View Quote

So this is for carry while wearing a dress AT HOME?
If she's at home, she should have her apron on... Aprons have lots of pockets.
I Kid, I Kid.

What kind of dress? Drress with pockets? A-Line? ... "dress" is a pretty broad category. would help to narrow it down.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#5]
But how does her sammich making skills start to slack when she’s carrying?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So this is for carry while wearing a dress AT HOME?
If she's at home, she should have her apron on... Aprons have lots of pockets.
I Kid, I Kid.

What kind of dress? Drress with pockets? A-Line? ... "dress" is a pretty broad category. would help to narrow it down.
View Quote
Typically flowy dresses. Nothing fancy like cocktail dresses or ballgowns. Mainly things from Lularoe, if anyone here is familiar with their clothing line.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I second the thigh holster. Very accessible when wearing a dress.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I can’t imagine how a thigh holster would be secure, unless it were connected to a belt, like a drop leg. I also can’t make thigh high stockings worn without connecting them to a garter belt.

I haven’t worn any of my dresses since I started carrying years and years ago. It makes me sad, but my life is all two piece skirt and blouse sets now. Just because of guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top