Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2022 8:55:53 AM EDT
I was watching a video of Marine recruits hiking up "The Reaper" at Pendleton at the end of "The Crucible".

I got to wondering if this is what they now call what we used to know as "Mt. Motherfucker"?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#1]
LMGTFY result

https://www.reddit.com/r/USMC/comments/c9mzz6/mount_motherfucker_san_onofre_also_referred_to_as/et02vop/

they're 2 different hills.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#2]
No.  Mt. Muther####er is at MCT/SOI.  Still Camp Pendleton but different geographical locations.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.

What I saw of the Reaper did not look as steep or grueling as I remember MMF being. Now I know why.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 12:03:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nightstalker32] [#4]
In soi, I believe the " trail of tears" led to the base of mmf.    Long dry hot river bed.  I think more guys fell out on the trail than MMF.

I also thought that recon ridge ( the microwave) was even higher and tougher than MMF.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#5]
How about 7 Steps to Heaven @ Subic?

The locals would match us step for step in flipflops carrying cases of beer or soda and ice blocks on their shoulder.

Going up sucked, but coming down was the worse.

Thinking all it's going to take, is someone behind me tripping, falling, and we're all screwed.

We did have a guy fall once, broke his neck, but he luckily didn't take anyone else out in the fall. He healed up fine (got outta the suck though).

We hacked a makeshift LZ on the side of the mountain so the medivac Phrog could back in just close enough we could reach the ramp, to get the guy onboard and outta there. The tail rotor inches from the incline of the mountain.

Totally amazing what those Phrog drivers could do.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top