Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2020 4:16:05 PM EDT
Stumbled in to this.  

I think its supposed to be about the defense of Nanking in 1937.  Lotta Sten Mk5s, M3 grease guns, that weren't around for another 6 or 7 years.

Japanese soldiers all have flags on their rifles (which look wrong, maybe Gew98s).

Best part is subtitles reads "Sun of Beach" multiple times.

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Easy to get away with stuff when you can jail critics.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Michael Bay....

EXPLOSSSSIONS
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you saying they didn't have plastic chinstrap buckles?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I want to know how the soldiers on both sides stay so clean even during the battle.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Plastic clasp chin strap at 31 seconds.
Super authentication comrade's!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#6]
They can make good ones when they put their minds to it.

'ASSEMBLY' Official Trailer
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Also saw that
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VG1DrvN4rE
View Quote

Saving Private Chang
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Plastic clasp chin strap at 31 seconds.
Super authentication comrade's!!
View Quote

Who's to say they weren't making substandard sh*t in the '30s.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I just saw that!
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Also saw that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also saw that
Yeah, I laughed at that too.

I mean, I still thought the STENs and Greaseguns were funnier, basically all the Chinese seemed to have an SMG.

I assume it was standard Japanese practice to line up all of your mortars, in broad view of the enemy, side by side too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#12]
At least it’s an acknowledgment the Guomindang forces did something other than run away or surrender. That’s a surprisingly substantial evolution.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VG1DrvN4rE
View Quote

Did you see City of Life and Death?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
At least it's an acknowledgment the Guomindang forces did something other than run away or surrender. That's a surprisingly substantial evolution.
View Quote
They had kick ass gymnast moves with the worlds lightest dynamite apparently too.  

The really hilarious subtitles are only on it if you watch it at youtube, not here.  I missed "merde" the first time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, another good one.

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They had kick ass gymnast moves with the worlds lightest dynamite apparently too.  

The really hilarious subtitles are only on it if you watch it at youtube, not here.  I missed "merde" the first time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least it's an acknowledgment the Guomindang forces did something other than run away or surrender. That's a surprisingly substantial evolution.

Cheesy to be sure, but interesting from a political perspective considering how the subject was treated in the past.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#17]
So the chinese used nazi/german helmets.........interesting, didn't know that, they were copying way back in the day.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe on those M42 stahlhelm....they would've been using the beaded edge M35 in '37.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes, another good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q90R13aMwbA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, another good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q90R13aMwbA

I like it as well, I can’t make up my mind if I would prefer color over B/W tho
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Saving Private Chang
View Quote
I thought it was Private Dong?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So the chinese used nazi/german helmets.........interesting, didn't know that, they were copying way back in the day.
View Quote

They did, but the vid shows a later model. They got the decals right at least. Chinese also had contracts for Kar98k rifles.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Manufactured in Germany.

http://www.chinaww2.com/2014/11/07/a-helmet-for-the-chinese-ii/?fdx_switcher=true
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

That Communist Chinese Bruce Willis movie was also about the heroic Nationalist Air Force vs. Japanese.  The good guys' fighters even prominently carry the blue sky and sun Guomindang roundel, which the ROCAF still uses.  I think the theme being pushed is "what unites us is our desire to kill more Japanese".
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
That part is real.  The German's trained the hell out of the Chinese nationalists.  Hitler screwed over a bunch of German business interests by siding with Japan.

The Nationalists had clones of the Gew88 and K98k, Maxim MGs in 8mm, copies of the german stick grenade, you name it.

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hans von Seeckt (creator of the 100k man Reichswehr) and von Falkenhausen along with other Germans went to China in the '30s to train the KMT army.  The goal was to train up to 800,000 men.

I think this is Madame Chang Kai Shek:

Pak 37
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
At least it’s an acknowledgment the Guomindang forces did something other than run away or surrender. That’s a surprisingly substantial evolution.
View Quote

Certainly Curious if a Taiwan or Mainland made "Chinese" film...
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That Communist Chinese Bruce Willis movie was also about the heroic Nationalist Air Force vs. Japanese.  The good guys' fighters even prominently carry the blue sky and sun Guomindang roundel, which the ROCAF still uses.  I think the theme being pushed is "what unites us is our desire to kill more Japanese".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, that and a reconciliation with the truth. The CCP winning the Anti-Japanese War narrative was laughable and everyone knew it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Germans were Military advisors and suppliers to the Chinese armed forces until Hilter, Mussolini & the Japanese signed the Tripartite Pact in 1940.

The Chinese air force even had several He-111s (the early models with the "stepped" cockpits / nose).

Chinese Troops had Stalhelms, K-98 Mauser Rifles, Mauser 1896 Pistols, and many German Military Advisors ...
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Double tap...
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s an excellent point, I was thinking PRC but it may be Taiwan
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Stumbled in to this.  

I think its supposed to be about the defense of Nanking in 1937.  Lotta Sten Mk5s, M3 grease guns, that weren't around for another 6 or 7 years.

Japanese soldiers all have flags on their rifles (which look wrong, maybe Gew98s).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmzsFQ0oQwM
View Quote

No, it is "later war".

The Allies gave (Lend Lease) lots of .45 Thompsons & M-3 Grease Guns, 9mm Canadian made STENS, 9mm Browning High Powers Pistols & Bren Guns (in 8mm mauser), not to mention .30.06 BARS, M-1917 Enfields & 1919 machineguns along with .30 M-1 Carbines too.

The Japanese continued to use their old tanks in China, because the Chinese didn't have any real Anti-tank ability other than suicide bombing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I want to know how the soldiers on both sides stay so clean even during the battle.
View Quote

I always wondered about that.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That’s an excellent point, I was thinking PRC but it may be Taiwan
View Quote

I think it's PRC.  It's supposed to be promoting Chinese nationalism and anti-Japanese.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

0330 Reveille
0345 Hygiene
0415 First formation
0440 Police Call
0450 Chow
etc etc
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Arfcom linked a really brutal Youtube from a rape of Nanking movie a few months back: the surrendering Chinese soldiers were herded into a building, which was burnt; grenades tossed in.  Others were just machineguned - even a young boy.

Sad thing is: it probably happened a lot like the video (which was part of a longer film).
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No, it is "later war".

The Allies gave (Lend Lease) lots of .45 Thompsons & M-3 Grease Guns, 9mm Canadian made STENS, 9mm Browning High Powers Pistols & Bren Guns (in 8mm mauser), not to mention .30.06 BARS, M-1917 Enfields & 1919 machineguns along with .30 M-1 Carbines too.

The Japanese continued to use their old tanks in China, because the Chinese didn't have any real Anti-tank ability other than suicide bombing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stumbled in to this.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmzsFQ0oQwM

No, it is "later war".

If its later war, why does the Japanese officer (using what looks to be a current day factory paging horn) tell the chinese that "nanjing is ours" at 3:25ish?  As far as I know the only Japanese offensive against Nanking was in 1937, Japanese had it for the rest of the war.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#37]

also He 111 bomber and MG34, even few flak 88s, the issue is that the Chinese army only had about a dozen of each type.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Not Chinese.  

Taiwanese.

No WAY the ChiComs would create such a flattering portrayal of the Nationalists.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#39]

ETA: Before I get banned or timed-out for the slur; that's not me, that's one of the pictures my grandfather sent home from the war in Burma.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#41]
The Chinese army wore stahlhelms with fastex buckles in 1937?  Fuck! They are more advanced than I though they were.

I, for one, welcome out Han overlords.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Arfcom linked a really brutal Youtube from a rape of Nanking movie a few months back: the surrendering Chinese soldiers were herded into a building, which was burnt; grenades tossed in.  Others were just machineguned - even a young boy.

Sad thing is: it probably happened a lot like the video (which was part of a longer film).
View Quote

Ever watch old Chinese Kung-Fu movies set during the war?  The Japanese soldiers are shown beating Chinese babies against rocks and throwing them up in the air and catching them on bayonets.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#43]
If they produced a movie accurately portraying how horribly ill-equipped they were, nobody would believe it.
Top Top