Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You know what ties those concepts together? The underlying info getting proven true over time, as people gradually tune out the word Disinformation getting used over and over. At this point your warning about False Information is about as hard hitting as a warning about lead causing cancer in California
View Quote
You have no idea how Russian hybrid war works. That has been demonstrated in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So you are saying even a wanker can see how fucked up all this is?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that the same Scott Ritter who beats off to 15 year olds and is perpetually wrong about everything?

The very same!

So you are saying even a wanker can see how fucked up all this is?

You took confirmation bias to a new low that's impressive even for arfcom.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You have no idea how Russian hybrid war works. That has been demonstrated in this thread.
View Quote

Yeah stick to the buzzwords, you got lost in the weeds pretty fast on page 1 already
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Russia also claims the Ukrainian Air Force has lost 3x more planes and helicopters than they ever had.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know anything about Ritter, but I do find it ironic that many of the people expressing outraged about his alleged pedo status still think we should be in Afghanistan subsidizing Bacha Bazi
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah stick to the buzzwords, you got lost in the weeds pretty fast on page 1 already
View Quote
Not at all. I am not lost when you attempt to throw in unrelated subjects.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know who is winning, I just know the US taxpayer is losing.

I haven't seen any indication the lines have moved that much. Somebody takes a 10 acre field, and they make it sound like they liberated Belgium.

To the extent this is an 'offensive', objectively, it would appear less successful than the Landing at Inchon.

Apparently they keep battling over that little shit town Bakhmut (sp?). I think the pre-war population was 3,000. There are larger high schools in America.

I'm not shitting on UKR - it's their country - they should be fighting. But they aren't kicking ass and taking names.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Russian MoD is propaganda. I am not on team globohomo but Russian sources are just cringe, and cheerleaders for Russia are even worse. I want my elites to lose. Do not under any circumstances mistake that as me cheering on Russia.

No one in this war is worth cheering.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Both sides need peace.

We should stop funding the war.  We are broke and have been for a long time.  Anyone else see that thead about interest on the US debt?

View Quote
We're basically involved in a civil war.  Gotta stop all involvement around the world for a while, yes, we can't afford it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Imagine going back to the Cold War and telling people that "conservatives" would be some of the most enthusiastic consumers of Russian propaganda. You'd have been locked in a mental institution. Yet here we are.
View Quote

As recently as the 90’s only the fringe Left talked like soi disant “Constitutional Conservatives” do now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We're basically involved in a civil war.  Gotta stop all involvement around the world for a while, yes, we can't afford it.
View Quote

Do that and someone else is gonna step up to the plate, wonder who that might be?
Doesn't matter i'm sure they'll have our best interests in mind.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They ain’t losing either.  

This is a long term game that the Russia’s have already lost.

View Quote

Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I haven't seen any indication the lines have moved that much. Somebody takes a 10 acre field, and they make it sound like they liberated Belgium.

To the extent this is an 'offensive', objectively, it would appear less successful than the Landing at Inchon.

Apparently they keep battling over that little shit town Bakhmut (sp?). I think the pre-war population was 3,000. There are larger high schools in America.

I'm not shitting on UKR - it's their country - they should be fighting. But they aren't kicking ass and taking names.
View Quote

Fair analysis. Bakhmut was a bit bigger before the war around 75k IIRC, but the perception of it being a tiny podunk town is being pushed in the MSM. When it looked like Ukraine might hold it, the image in the MSM was Bakhmut as the alamo and regional fulcrum of democracy lol

I think we're at the point where Ukraine has fought hard, but is running out of steam. They can't really dislodge the Russians, and are hurting themselves more than Russia by continuing to try. Western backers are desperate to avoid a peace / ceasefire at this time, because the status quo would be a Russian victory, even if a limited one.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP no one takes you seriously when you post Scott Ritter...who's background has been explained to you repeatedly yet you still create threads referencing him. Your views on US cooperation with Ukraine are valid, but you discredit them immediately when you post bullshit from known misinfo actors who are no shit traitors.

I do wonder how his book sales in St. Petersburg went.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvSbfj3aEAE7l9J?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvX3JXCX0AQmhv6?format=jpg&name=large

This is who you pick when looking for people to think for you? Clearly has America as his priority....
https://cdn1.img.sputnikglobe.com/img/07e7/06/01/1110838738_0:0:1280:960_1440x900_80_0_1_9c724d3403a58c0c2db68db37c8e3748.jpg.webp?source-sid=not_sputnik_photo
View Quote

You tend to follow these things.  Did they have high casualties recently?
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If one can get past the info warfare online against Scott Ritter, his interviews are pretty good.

US officials want to paint a narrative where all our commonalities with the Russian people are fake and due to them using KGB subversion, but check out his interview with Viktor Bout for instance and judge for oneself if they are sincere
View Quote

So factually describing the crimes of a convicted pedophile are “info warfare online”, eh?  Telling…very telling.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Do that and someone else is gonna step up to the plate, wonder who that might be?
View Quote
The US .gov does not have our own best interests in mind.  I'll take my chances.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Bahaha!  Scott Ritter.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

A good vs evil struggle which is the biggest since WW2 and you don't find that compelling in some way?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These threads always amaze me how some people seem to be so emotionally invested in a war that has literally zero impact on them or their livelihood

A good vs evil struggle which is the biggest since WW2 and you don't find that compelling in some way?

A little yes.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the hell difference does it make when our leaders don't even have our own best interests in mind?

Quite frankly, I would rather the CCP or Putin be in charge of me than our SJW elites. You probably don't spend a lot of time talking to lefty people so you really don't understand just how much these people want you dead. It is a burning hatred that I don't think has ever had a historical equivalent.

If the people who want me dead are the ones in charge of 'my side' then the smart thing to do would be to stop thinking of them as 'my' side, wouldn't it?
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh no, Anyway
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What the hell difference does it make when our leaders don't even have our own best interests in mind?

Quite frankly, I would rather the CCP or Putin be in charge of me than our SJW elites. You probably don't spend a lot of time talking to lefty people so you really don't understand just how much these people want you dead. It is a burning hatred that I don't think has ever had a historical equivalent.

If the people who want me dead are the ones in charge of 'my side' then the smart thing to do would be to stop thinking of them as 'my' side, wouldn't it?
View Quote

Speaking hard truth. A historical analogue might be France in the 1770-80s. They were willing to take a position in American politics because they had a problem with the same tyrannical government we were facing. It didn't mean the US became France's client state after that, quite the opposite eventually.

The external enemies Russia is facing have considerable overlap with the internal enemies looting our country and causing the issues back in 2020 with stolen elections and burning cities
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Guess I was right again.

See, Ukraine can't win. If they took back every square inch of their territory that doesn't mean Ukraine wins. If they advanced and took Russian territory that doesn't mean Ukraine wins. If they advanced to Moscow, and burned it down then Ukraine still doesn't win. Ukraine can only win when Russia stops fighting and that decision is up to the Russians. Given that Ukraine has perhaps one fourth of the population Russia does, or a bit more, and a much smaller economy, it is obvious that Ukraine cannot win a long and drawn out war of attrition. Western aid will help, but it won't be enough as that Western aid will not stop Russia from fighting, only make it more painful for Russia to keep fighting.

And that means the only valid strategy for Ukraine is to make it very painful for Russia to continue the offensive and then hope the Russians give up or decide they would rather kill Putin than see a few thousand more of their men killed in a pointless confilct. Ukraine should dig in and fortify. They should be rotating troops to the front and then back again to build up a large number of combat veterans, men that at least know what it's like to be shot at.

(I am using the term "win" here, but no one will win this war, everyone loses, except maybe for the Chinese... and the worms.)

Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#24]
This thread will be like Uke bro moths to a flame.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Old talking point is old. Get new material.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Both sides need peace.

We should stop funding the war.  We are broke and have been for a long time.  Anyone else see that thead about interest on the US debt?

Old talking point is old. Get new material.

He is not wrong. You are. War mongering from your couch is so stunning and brave. Still surprised you’re still here. Most people would be too embarrassed to keep posting but not you.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They ain't winning.
View Quote

The point is not to win, and we all know that.  As long as Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Mitch McConnel, Lindsey Graham and Kevin McCarthy get paid, Victoria Nuland is getting the job done.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You tend to follow these things.  Did they have high casualties recently?
View Quote

Yes and no. There are no reliable open sources on casualties as Ukraine does not publish that info, and Russia does not even pick up their dead. You can make some guesses on ranges/trends though if you pay attention though.

Overall, yes. In the last month Ukraine has taken higher casualties... because they are assaulting a fortified line in unforgiving terrain without the coordination and equipment needed to ensure success. It could be worse as there's plenty of battlefield evidence showing that western equipment protects the occupants more than the soviet types. Ukraine has also shifted to more attritional warfare aimed at taking out Russia's Fires complex/enablers like EW and AD. Eventually this should allow Ukraine more freedom to maneuver/ mass forces for a breach.

Ukraine can and has absorbed these losses, as in the big picture they are still quite small. A company that loses half their equipment in an assault will not render a brigade with 3-9 battalions ineffective.

They can maintain this pace for a while IMO before the battlefield shifts phases again come mud/fall/winter. The casualty rates last summer and early this year were worse for Ukraine.

Situation is even or worse for Russia depending on the region.

Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We should give the Ukrainians long range weapons capable of destroyng Moscow, the sooner the better.
View Quote

Meanwhile on the Alaskan coast.......

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/08/06/china-russia-naval-patrol-near-alaska/70537986007/
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#31]
“the Russian Ministry of Defence claimed,”

Uh huh…
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They ain't winning.
View Quote

Nope, and Biden/WEF/Ukebros are just cheering it on.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He is not wrong. You are. War mongering from your couch is so stunning and brave. Still surprised you're still here. Most people would be too embarrassed to keep posting but not you.
View Quote
Well captain toxic has entered the chat.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The only people losing are the American tax payers.
View Quote

No kidding and peoples lives.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/157/180/712.gif

I assumed based off of WEGs previously posted opinions on the topic. If it was a joke I missed it .
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#36]
The Allie’s are flat out retarded for thinking anything other than this was going to happen. It was clear almost 16 months ago that Ukraine was going to do much better than anticipated yet they didn’t received tanks and training in sufficient quantities until about 4 months ago?

What did Russia do in the mean time you ask? They dug trenches, mined approaches, made kill boxes, made tank traps, boobytraped approaches in urban areas for over a god damned year. Then the UN tossed some tanks and said get after it and oh by the way support is falling because there haven’t been awe inspiring results from a counteroffensive you weren’t equipped for.

To be flat out honest, the US and the allied doctrine wouldn’t take a single step into that hornets nest without pummeling it with overwhelming air power, but like the my pillow guy “wait there’s more”… we haven’t given the Ukrainian military that capability prior to the offensive and won’t give it until October maybe.

We either support their defense or we don’t. But these half ass measures are getting a lot of people killed needlessly.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Highway to Hell: Ukraine Loses 2,040 Men Since Friday – Scott Ritter: NATO and Ukraine Generals Knew “Massacre” Was “Inevitable”

The Armed Forces of Ukraine lost another 2,040 men on the weekend, the Russian Ministry of Defence claimed, bringing the casualties since the start of the Ukrainian “Counter-Offensive” to an estimated 45,000. 55% of Americans now oppose additional spending on Ukraine, CNN reported.

Russia claims to have begun counterattacking against the stalling Ukrainian “Spring Offensive”, and claims to have conquered the village of Novoselivka outside Luhansk. On Friday, Russian Defense Ministry Spokesman Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov claimed the Ukrainian military has lost over 43,000 troops and about 5,000 items of military hardware, since it launched its counteroffensive.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/08/highway-hell-ukraine-loses-2040-men-since-friday/

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/Rabotino.png
View Quote

And communists everywhere rejoiced.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No wonder the US backed out of sending Abrams tanks this summer. Nobody wants to see their state of the art hardware in one of those embarrassing rust piles. With these "tactics", Ukraine would have been served just as well with some toyota trucks
View Quote
Post 223 wasted
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They ain't losing either.  

This is a long term game that the Russia's have already lost.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This should be entertaining.

View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Imagine going back to the Cold War and telling people that "conservatives" would be some of the most enthusiastic consumers of Russian propaganda. You'd have been locked in a mental institution. Yet here we are.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Post 223 wasted
View Quote

Damn it. Since the "Uke Bro"s don't seem too sharp on the comebacks, I will help them out and say that the 222 before it were wasted as well
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#43]
So it’s over? Russia won?
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Everyone knows Belgium is 12 acres.

Those farmlands with tall weeds aren't getting sown this year, so nobody's winning.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The Allie’s are flat out retarded for thinking anything other than this was going to happen. It was clear almost 16 months ago that Ukraine was going to do much better than anticipated yet they didn’t received tanks and training in sufficient quantities until about 4 months ago?

What did Russia do in the mean time you ask? They dug trenches, mined approaches, made kill boxes, made tank traps, boobytraped approaches in urban areas for over a god damned year. Then the UN tossed some tanks and said get after it and oh by the way support is falling because there haven’t been awe inspiring results from a counteroffensive you weren’t equipped for.

To be flat out honest, the US and the allied doctrine wouldn’t take a single step into that hornets nest without pummeling it with overwhelming air power, but like the my pillow guy “wait there’s more”… we haven’t given the Ukrainian military that capability prior to the offensive and won’t give it until October maybe.

We either support their defense or we don’t. But these half ass measures are getting a lot of people killed needlessly.
View Quote

The goal is forever war.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So it’s over? Russia won?
View Quote

Yep, they'll be in Kiev any day now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The Russian MoD has proven time and time again that they cannot be trusted.  Especially when it comes to reporting loss statistics for their side, or the Ukes.

When you start your article off by citing them, you lose all credibility.  Doing so makes you stupid, part of the propaganda, or both.  Either way, you shouldn't be listened to.
View Quote

The bold part above is why so many ukebros piss people off. There's nothing wrong with the unbolded part, but the bolded part is a personal attack.

By the way, I agree, scott ritter is not credible, but he is interesting, especially in terms of how the Russians are spinning things. Likewise, I think the ukenbros are interesting to get a taste of ukrainian spin. I wouldn't accept either as an accurate representation of what's going on.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I don't know anything about Ritter, but I do find it ironic that many of the people expressing outraged about his alleged pedo status still think we should be in Afghanistan subsidizing Bacha Bazi
View Quote

There's nothing alleged about it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#49]

I've been upset about bad news for Ukraine since I started reading about this conflict. The whole thing has been bad news for Ukraine (and Russia, and Germany, and the US). I'm amazed and sad that the Biden admin wants the war so bad they don't care about brave young men getting blown apart by mines, arty, etc. IMHO if they did care, they would at least be trying to negotiate.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
OP no one takes you seriously when you post Scott Ritter...who's background has been explained to you repeatedly yet you still create threads referencing him. Your views on US cooperation with Ukraine are valid, but you discredit them immediately when you post bullshit from known misinfo actors who are no shit traitors.

I do wonder how his book sales in St. Petersburg went.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvSbfj3aEAE7l9J?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvX3JXCX0AQmhv6?format=jpg&name=large

This is who you pick when looking for people to think for you? Clearly has America as his priority....
https://cdn1.img.sputnikglobe.com/img/07e7/06/01/1110838738_0:0:1280:960_1440x900_80_0_1_9c724d3403a58c0c2db68db37c8e3748.jpg.webp?source-sid=not_sputnik_photo
View Quote

Here’s the thing. Stronger countries conquer weaker countries. Been that way since the beginning of time. Good or evil, right or wrong, doesn’t matter. The weaker country either concedes, or is destroyed. Globalists are helping Ukraine just enough to ensure their destruction.

I didn’t learn this from posts on the internet, I learned it from history books.

The “Russian Propaganda” claim is nothing more than globalist/Ukraineian propaganda.

Attacking the messenger instead of the message is a common leftist tactic.
Page / 10
Top Top