Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2022 5:37:48 PM EDT
Maybe if you are sick, don't come to work and sit in a meeting all day with me.

I'm willing to accept the risk with healthy people, and people at the bar ... People at a comedy show or karaoke or family reunion.  That transient stuff doesn't bother me.

But what the fuck. Don't be telling me two days after our 7a-6p meeting with 8 others in a conference room that you've tested positive.  Maybe stay the fuck home next time.  Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You should wear a mask.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#2]
OP is right and this was a thing before the beer flu.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate when sick people mingle with everyone.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm willing to accept the risk with healthy people, and people at the bar ... People at a comedy show or karaoke or family reunion.  That transient stuff doesn't bother me.

But what the fuck. Don't be telling me two days after our 7a-6p meeting with 8 others in a conference room that you've tested positive.  Maybe stay the fuck home next time.  Jesus Christ.
View Quote

So.....they tested positive after the meeting?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So.....they tested positive after the meeting?
View Quote

Right, so it's really no fault and I'm just ranting. Don't know if they were symptomatic. I'm only assuming the guy with the sniffles did it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not for the inconsiderate assholes who proudly brag about going to work sick.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Amen brother, Jesus is Lord of all, having said that, did they know they were sick?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#9]
My employers Never provided sick days to me or most others . Only top tier managers . They wanted you there .

One time I tried to call in sick and my supervisor said just come I n half a day . I need you . I ended up working all day .

How about a mask OP . And have some cheese w ur whine .
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not even surprised that the statement  "Don't go to work sick" would be controversial in here.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm coming into work rain or shine and breathing up all your air.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm not even surprised that the statement  "Don't go to work sick" would be controversial in here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a sick day kind of guy, not in school or work.  Never was and in that regard I don't believe in taking them.

But this is a highly contagious bioweapon, not a [migraine, pms, broken arm, stitches, toothache, or anal glaucoma] deal.  

Maybe you could keep that shit at home and call in, instead of passing it on.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 1:09:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I go to work if I have a mild cold, always have and always will.  If I feel like dog shit I will stay home.  I am not testing nor am I going to unless forced so I will not know if I have the dreaded Covid.  Myself and our two kids are unvaccinated (wife had one dose of the J&J when it first became available) and none of us have had more than a minor cold since Covid started.  The only one who has ever tested for Covid was our son (negative) and that was mandated by the school.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 1:28:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Weak rant.

Link Posted: 10/7/2022 1:32:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Big part of the damage inflicted by Covid is the irrational fear. Life can go on or you can hide in your basement.

There is no hope of you avoiding Covid 19, there never was.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 1:39:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You should wear a mask.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 1:40:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I totally agree with OP.  Only inconsiderate assholes put themselves in close proximity to others when they are sick - whether it's the latest chinese bio-weapon, or an old-fashioned flu, or african ebola-monkeypox-aids.....

Also, only inconsiderate assholes send their sick, symptomatic kids to school....

Link Posted: 10/7/2022 1:43:50 AM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should wear a mask.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/nod-3.gif
The sick, infected, toxic-spore-germ-spewing fucktards who intentionally spread disease should be the ones to wear the masks!  Put on a condom too before you do your buttfucking!
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 2:47:18 AM EDT
[#19]
That stupid shit used to really annoy me - some dumb fuck wants to show how "dedicated" they are to their job, so they come to work sick and infect everyone else there.   I though the COVID experience smartened people up about that.   So the dumb, self-centered shits are already at it again?  Some people just don't learn.....
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 3:03:44 AM EDT
[#20]
You guys understand that when someone has a cold, they are contagious for a day or two before showing symptoms right? You understand that on average they will spread that cold for two weeks or longer right?

You are going to get sick sometimes if you are around other humans. The best way to avoid it putting you on your ass is frequent exposure. Your immune system needs to learn how to fight off sickness by encountering it. Sick days are for when you are unable to be productive not an imaginary situation where nobody else gets sick.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 3:55:36 AM EDT
[#21]
In some areas of employment they get upset and very nasty when you use you sick time. Maybe if the employers would back the motherfuck off employees using their sick time folks wouldn't be intimidated and or forced to come to work sick and contaminating the rest of us?
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Then there's my employer, VERY large aerospace company here in WA. If you test positive you're required to call the company hotline and report it. You're then required to burn up 5 days of sick leave/vacation, can't take it unpaid until your benefits are exhausted. Needless to say there's not that many people reporting it anymore but I'm sure there's a ton of people coming to work sick with it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Then there's my employer, VERY large aerospace company here in WA. If you test positive you're required to call the company hotline and report it. You're then required to burn up 5 days of sick leave/vacation, can't take it unpaid until your benefits are exhausted. Needless to say there's not that many people reporting it anymore but I'm sure there's a ton of people coming to work sick with it.
View Quote

That's probably the issue in my rant situation as well.  I was at a customer facility
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Suck it up. When works pays for my sick days I'll stay home. Until then I'm working if I'm able. Take it up with the company
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 12:46:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Who is scheduling a 6AM-7PM meeting?  That just sounds stupid.  Why would you not break the meeting up and spread it out over a few days.  

There is no way that meeting was productive for 13-hours.  Maybe the sick person is sending that meeting scheduler a message.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Who is scheduling a 6AM-7PM meeting?  That just sounds stupid.  Why would you not break the meeting up and spread it out over a few days.  

There is no way that meeting was productive for 13-hours.  Maybe the sick person is sending that meeting scheduler a message.
View Quote

7a-6p. Wasn't in the room the whole time, was also work out in the plant etc. But thats a normal work day.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#27]
My company only pays sick time for rona if you’ve had the shot.  No shot, no paid time off.  Guess I’d be going in sick.

No “sick days” either.  Of course we could burn PTO but they’re kinda stingy on that too.  You’d think us salaried folks would get a little extra perks, but no.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top