Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 1/30/2021 5:48:45 PM EDT
Reddit Preparing To Unleash "World's Biggest Short Squeeze" In Silver

While all eyes have been focused on GameStop and a handful of other heavily-shorted stocks as they exploded higher under continuous fire from WallStreetBets traders igniting a short-squeeze coinciding with a gamma-squeeze, the last few days saw another asset suddenly get in the crosshairs of the 'Reddit-Raiders' - Silver.

On Thursday, we asked "Is The Reddit Rebellion About To Descend On The Precious Metals Market?" ... One WallStreetBets user (jjalj30) posted the following last night:

Silver Bullion Market is one of the most manipulated on earth. Any short squeeze in silver paper shorts would be EPIC. We know billion banks are manipulating gold and silver to cover real inflation.

Both the industrial case and monetary case, debt printing has never been more favorable for the No. 1 inflation hedge Silver.

Inflation adjusted Silver should be at 1000$ instead of 25$. Link to post removed by mods.

Why not squeeze $SLV to real physical price.

Think about the Gainz. If you don't care about the gains, think about the banks like JP MORGAN you'd be destroying along the way.

Tldr- Corner the market. GV thinks its possible to squeeze $SLV, FUCK AFTER SEEING $AG AND $GME EVEN I THINK WE CAN DO IT. BUY $SLV GO ALL IN TH GAINZ WILL BE UNLIMITED. DEMAND PHYSICAL IF YOU CAN. FUCK THE BANKS.
Disclaimer: This is not Financial advice. I am not a financial services professional. This is my personal opinion and speculation as an uneducated and uninformed person.

...and judging by the unprecedented flows into the Silver ETF (SLV) they just got started...
SLV saw inflows of almost one billion dollars on Friday, almost double the previous record inflow for this 15 year-old ETF.

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll believe it when their much hyped raid on Dogecoin that was supposed to start an hour ago happens.

Plus, fucking with some hedge fund is one thing. Fucking with JPM is quite another. People wind up in accidents when they fuck with JPM.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#2]
isnt this how www3 starts ?    
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a few sleeves of 1oz coins.

I'm down
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems like poor opsec to me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll believe it when their much hyped raid on Dogecoin that was supposed to start an hour ago happens.

Plus, fucking with some hedge fund is one thing. Fucking with JPM is quite another. People wind up in accidents when they fuck with JPM.
View Quote
There's over 128 billion doge in circulation. GD fell for a pump and dump lol.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a distraction.  Somebody is trying to get them to focus on something other than GME.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I already made 114% on my SLV calls on Friday. Playing with the house money now. Will spend 75% on shares of SLV and PSLV and the other 25% on med term SLV calls.

I’m in.

ETA - Robinhood already is limiting amount of SLV and options can be purchased. Citadel owns a substantial amount of RH. Coincidence?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doesn't change the fact that they had 10,000 threads ab9ut what they were going to do today and then they did...nothing. yes, I'm sure Reddit will take down JPM
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Lol @ “Silver should be at 1000$ instead of 25$“
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Seems a little different trying this on a ETF backed by a commodity.   Not the same as a stock in a relatively small company.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's a distraction.  Somebody is trying to get them to focus on something other than GME.
View Quote

THIS.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lol @ “Silver should be at 1000$ instead of 25$“
View Quote

Don't forget to LOL at the dollar sign placement.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I just tried to search silver prices on Google and the prices don't even show up like every other time I've ever searched it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a decent supply of silver, what are we looking at?  Double, triple, 10x the value coming up?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#18]
So, would buying some bullion be prudent at this point? I have a fair sized bag of junk silver, but no rounds or bullion.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#19]
How many paper dollars do you want for your tangible assets?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#20]
There’s gonna be all sorts of shady fuckers trying to capitalize on the GME deal. Make a hype rumor, naive amateur speculator money floods in, hype generator sells his positions and profits.

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#21]
GameStop was the perfect storm of a small market cap company that was heavily shorted and leveraged, and the run was completely unexpected by the big hedge funds. It was easy for a group of small investors to buy enough to make a big impact.

But the same guys moving a commodity price after the whole world knows they’re trying to do it? Not gonna happen. At least not by any significant amount.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#22]
I was early on the WSB trends.

I'm telling you the silver idea was floated on/pol/ first.

I'm sure they will raise the price but I'm not convinced they have the follow through.

A lot easier to purchase GME on a Robinhood account than to buy physical silver
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Pretty sure this was debunked and big money was like 120m ounces of silver long and actually not heavily shorting it at all.

Also, why would you want to short squeeze something with THAT much liquidity? Seems like a terrible candidate.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Pretty sure this was debunked and big money was like 120m ounces of silver long and actually not heavily shorting it at all.

Also, why would you want to short squeeze something with THAT much liquidity? Seems like a terrible candidate.
View Quote

This, this and this. Oh some this too.

This whole deal has really saddened me. People just run with a narrative without understanding the moving pieces involved.

At this point, people are being used and will end up bag holding so some clever people can make serious cash.

For the love of your wallet, please start actually diving into stuff instead of just going “omg, look at this post! Buy buy buy!”

You are being played like a damn fiddle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#25]
WSB has gotten too big.  Much more difficult to tell what is being manipulated/pushed vs. what is a genuine trading opportunity now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

This exactly... Diamond Hands for Life!
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This exactly... Diamond Hands for Life!
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I already made 114% on my SLV calls on Friday. Playing with the house money now. Will spend 75% on shares of SLV and PSLV and the other 25% on med term SLV calls.

I’m in.

ETA - Robinhood already is limiting amount of SLV and options can be purchased. Citadel owns a substantial amount of RH. Coincidence?
View Quote

NM
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There’s gonna be all sorts of shady fuckers trying to capitalize on the GME deal. Make a hype rumor, naive amateur speculator money floods in, hype generator sells his positions and profits.

View Quote

No argument from me there, but PM's seems like a legit hedge at any time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#30]
COMEX all major international banks with big positions...

I don't think so...
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

yes, I'm sure Reddit will take down JPM
View Quote
I'm not making that claim. WSB is full of people shilling bags to the criminally stupid. It could very well be another case of that. What's interesting to me is that the news is starting to report that this is going to happen (First zerohedge, which lol zerohedge), but now it's in the rantingly headlines too. Whether or not a bunch of random redditors do actually unify enough to move the silver market, if this rumor is widely reported in the MSM, it could end up inadvertently causing a run on silver just by proxy. Not only will that be hilarious to watch, but I'll be dumping my bags.

ETA: People are eying it.

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#32]
So buy some silver and hold?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

^^^^^^^^
Sell GME shares to buy silver

They don’t want them holding
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Always take your financial planning advice from ZeroHedge. They have a top performing track record.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Burn it all down
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Always take your financial planning advice from ZeroHedge. They have a top performing track record.
View Quote

When The Motley Fool does a clickbait article on it I'll believe it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#37]
If silver hits 1000 I’m buying a Lambo.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Seems a little different trying this on a ETF backed by a commodity.   Not the same as a stock in a relatively small company.
View Quote

SLV is not backed by any physical assets
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Never bet on search.

Is paper silver getting rolled & boofed by Reddit ? Silver up over $1.50 an ounce today. - AR15.COM

Silver BFL rounds - AR15.COM

Wall Street Bets Going after the Silver Market - AR15.COM

Run on Silver? - AR15.COM

Selling large amounts of physical silver quickly - AR15.COM
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Made money yesterday.  Will be playing Monday
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

SLV is not backed by any physical assets
View Quote

Are any investments or hedges based on physical assets any longer?

I see your point though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#43]
just wait until reddit sees what the hedge funds are doing with iraqi dinars!
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

But it's NOT backed by a commodity. Well it *is* but so fractionally as to be the same as not. It's WAAAAY more ripe to be burst than any one company's stock for the same reason. GMe was shorted by 140%,
Physical Silver is shorted by orders of magnitude.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
just wait until reddit sees what the hedge funds are doing with iraqi dinars!
View Quote
No shit
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#46]
The attempted squeeze in 2011 flopped.  It'll take FAR more than what happened with GameStop to pull it off.  However, if anyone wants to try again, I might be sitting on double-digit pounds of physical silver, so I sure as hell won't complain.  People have to actually take possession of silver for it to make a difference.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I just tried to search silver prices on Google and the prices don't even show up like every other time I've ever searched it.
View Quote

BULL

FUCKING

SHIT

https://www.apmex.com/silver-price
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#48]
RH is restricting SLV buys to 1 share. They know what's coming.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Doubt it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#50]
You guys need to understand that the GameStop effect is about done now.

The pump/ dumb folks are looking for suckers.....  and goldbugs are generally always suckers
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top