Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/7/2018 2:15:01 PM EDT
It seems like ever the past 6 months their shipping has gotten worse.. those "order in the next 4 hours and get it today" deals usually show up 3 days later.. 2 day shipping is now 4 day shipping and im still waiting on something i ordered next day back on the second, but wont let me cancle it because "its preparing for shipment". They went from reliable to i wont trust if i need it in a hurry..
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Something I ordered in December is just shipping now, according to an email I got from them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]
All I can say is if it says FREE shipping, you will be lucky if it gets shipped at all.

Took almost two weeks and then when I called I got an FU in response.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Prime is no longer reliable.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going to have to agree with you.  Most 2 day has been 4 day as of late.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Not for me. Of course I'm only 20 miles from a huge Amazon warehouse so most of my Prime orders arrive in 24 hours or less.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the current shipping service they have chosen as their primary can't handle the volume and bit off more than it could chew.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I've received everything I've ordered.
This past week, a shipment was late because of the snow storm.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes.  Prime 2 day shipping is usually 4 or 5 for me now.  I still use it because the one click buying is so easy and it's still faster than a week from anywhere else.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Being Alaska none of its 2 day and that's fine. But I've had 3 orders in the last 2 months that took 2 plus weeks just to ship.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes ita gotten worse.  We order about $20k per year from Amazon and have shipments everyday.  More and more stuff is late, never shows up or is just wrong.  Something is going on there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#12]
This was bound to happen once they cornered the market. Next thing to go will be the free shipping.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Nope same great shipping as always. Start living life instead of being concerned when your dog food shows up.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've received everything I've ordered.
This past week, a shipment was late because of the snow storm.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#15]
My stuff was fine, even during the Christmas rush.   Make sure that you are ordering things that are in stock at an Amazon warehouse.  Some third parties sell through Amazon and do their own shipping from wherever that happen to be.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll be picking anything but FedEx shitpost from this point forward.  Lyman powder dispenser ordered on Dec. 27, scheduled to arrive Thursday next week. Tempilaq ordered same day, scheduled to arrive Friday next week.

I could've driven and picked it up faster.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I've moved most of my online purchasing to Jet, Walmart, and small specialty retailers because of Amazon's "we'll ship it when we feel like it" business model. I don't have Prime, and stuff was showing up weeks after I placed the order.

Remember when companies/Ebay sellers would get roasted for not shipping the next business day? Why does Amazon get a pass on that?
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Shiiping still good if they use UPS, Fedex, USPS.  Horrible with their own drivers.

Everyone of them looks like someone you'd be rerady to draw down on.

They must hand out applications at parole hearings, drug treatment centers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah been getting slow , shitty and rife with counterfeit stuff the last year or so .
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#20]
My problem has been once it hits the local post office. It may be three days after they receive it before It gets in my mailbox.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes much worse. USPS has as well. Yesterday my entire block didn't get our mail at all.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not for me. Of course I'm only 20 miles from a huge Amazon warehouse so most of my Prime orders arrive in 24 hours or less.
View Quote
I live in south austin, like 15 min away from hub in san Marcus.. when i lived in san Antonio, they were on point, now not so much
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Nope same great shipping as always. Start living life instead of being concerned when your dog food shows up.
View Quote
Dont have a dog, but i do have a jeep that's torn apart.. quick look on amazon, fiind part i need, say "awesome, they'll deliever it today", then 4 days later still waiting.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I just dealt with one of their drivers overdosing in his car while out delivering packages.

He had a car stuffed FULL of packages too.

OP your stuff might have been in his car.

Shady delivery guys for sure.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I gotta agree.  2-Day is not two day but it's still free and faster than regular shipping.

The thing that really pisses me off if how they ship stuff.  It's like they have zero fucking common sense and will pack delicate electronics or glass items in a fucking padded envelope then ship it via USPS which fucking guarantees breakage by those low rent monkeys.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I ordered something on Dec. 25th that was in stock, sold from, and shipped by Amazon, not a third party.  It arrived on Jan. 5th and didn't ship until the 4th.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I cancelled my Prime  because the shipping wasn't worth it. Oddly enough, Wal-Mart has Amazon beat on shipping. Ship to store, drive up, and they bring it out to my truck.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Really depends on where it's coming from but yes in general it has gotten worse. Maybe once that new warehouse in Katy gets fully running things will even out in the region.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#30]
UPS, Fedex, and USPS are having trouble ramping delivery capacity up to the rate Amazon is growing, especially in the holiday season during the peak. It's just impossible to hire enough temporary help, plus with crazy weather lately and flu running through the country, etc. Not to mention, Amazon has grown to the point that they are now having an increase in employee issues. Amazon has always run on very low margins but extremely high volume. As they have grown, the underpaid employees that were once excited to be in on the ground floor of an expanding company, are now just tired and want to get paid what they are worth. Just a natural cycle of business. They will have to increase pay to keep employees happy, which will increase prices, suddenly brick and mortar retailers will get market share back as customers don't see the big price difference to buy online, etc. When that happens, shipping will get better
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yes.  Prime 2 day shipping is usually 4 or 5 for me now.  I still use it because the one click buying is so easy and it's still faster than a week from anywhere else.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I made my frist Amazon order on Thursday, a bed frame. Bed frame showed up on Saturday, free shipping. I'm impressed..now optics plant is another story.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#33]
I think it depends on the area and when they put new distribution centers in. When I first started using Prime years and years ago it was great. Then it went to shit when they started trying to use Surepost/Smartpost. Then they stopped that and it's gotten back to normal again.

A tip I always mention in these threads is this though:
Make sure it is in stock and fullfilled by Amazon. I used to get burned a lot on shipping because I didn't pay attention and the product, even though it was Prime, was shipping from a 3rd party. So while the item would still ship in 2 days, it might take a week for the vendor to actually pull it from stock to "ship". I always make sure I have Prime checked and it is fullfilled by Amazon. Haven't really had any issues in years since then.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Be careful that when you check out that “prime 2 day shipping” is selected rather than “Standard Shipping (4-5 days)”.

I’ve noticed on some prime items that both options are available, with the 4-5 day shipping selected by default.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It seems like ever the past 6 months their shipping has gotten worse.. those "order in the next 4 hours and get it today" deals usually show up 3 days later.. 2 day shipping is now 4 day shipping and im still waiting on something i ordered next day back on the second, but wont let me cancle it because "its preparing for shipment". They went from reliable to i wont trust if i need it in a hurry..
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Christmas was tough this year snow storms, ice storms, and an unprecedented mail order volume...
Should be back to normal by Feb 2018?
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#37]
It takes them a week to prep the order and shipping a few days to be delivered.  It used to be boxed and out the door in a day or so.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yes much worse. USPS has as well. Yesterday my entire block didn't get our mail at all.
View Quote
We get our mail about 50% of the time anymore. Even then, I wind up with other people's mail often enough I wonder how much of my mail winds up in a trash can.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
All I can say is if it says FREE shipping, you will be lucky if it gets shipped at all.

Took almost two weeks and then when I called I got an FU in response.
View Quote

Did you actually buy from Amazon?
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Be careful that when you check out that "prime 2 day shipping" is selected rather than "Standard Shipping (4-5 days)".

I've noticed on some prime items that both options are available, with the 4-5 day shipping selected by default.
View Quote
Ive noticed this as well.   Or, you click add to cart when it says "guaranteed to arrive on ___", but a slower (but still prime) vendor is selected instead.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#41]
No problems here.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#42]
I have Prime and I cant remember the last time I received something within 2 days.

However I have no idea how to complain to Amazon as I don't see anything on the site that says Customer Service contact and complaints.

Its really BS what they are doing now, its basically false advertising
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Lucky for me, i just got notification that a package of face stuff for the GF and some jeep parts shipped just now and will delivered yesterday!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Shipping is 50/50. The only problem I have had is an ATN IR850 pro I ordered on Dec 25th. They keep shipping out previously returned units. Going on my 3rd return Tuesday if they haven't checked the box before shipping.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Nope, I have nothing but praise for them.

Ordered something from them on the 1'st, expected delivery was on the 4th.

The 4'th was the day a major blizzard was expected to hit us, I figured no fucking way
I'd get my package then.

Later that day I went out on my front porch, there was already 6"+ on the ground, the
wind was howling, visibility was probably 100', even the plows weren't out on the roads,
but still, there was my order sitting right there at my door.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I sell on Amazon. They're very tough on 3rd party vendors, especially SFP vendors like us. If you're not meeting commitments to customers for shipping on time, your seller metrics get hit hard. Too many in a row and your Amazon ranking will drop essentially cutting your sales to nothing.

Much of the delays recently can be attributed to weather events. We ship FedEx exclusively and the weather and storms in the NE has been rough.

If you buy something prime, from Amazon directly and don't get it when they say, contact them. I've never seen them not give a free month of prime to someone for their failure.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Being Alaska none of its 2 day and that's fine. But I've had 3 orders in the last 2 months that took 2 plus weeks just to ship.
View Quote
Anything free shipping saves big in AK.  I'm still waiting for a few things ordered Dec 20 Prime.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't pay for prime.  Always select the "Free Shipping" that is supposed to be slow and it usually shows up earlier then expected.

Have noticed they have increased shipping prices on used books - now they charge 3.99 to $6+ to ship a used book - have started to use alternative sources for purchasing them.

Also have noticed that most of the nutritional supplements on Amazon (protein powder, creatine et al) can be found at cheaper prices if you go to other online sources.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I sell on Amazon. They're very tough on 3rd party vendors, especially SFP vendors like us. If you're not meeting commitments to customers for shipping on time, your seller metrics get hit hard. Too many in a row and your Amazon ranking will drop essentially cutting your sales to nothing.

Much of the delays recently can be attributed to weather events. We ship FedEx exclusively and the weather and storms in the NE has been rough.

If you buy something prime, from Amazon directly and don't get it when they say, contact them. I've never seen them not give a free month of prime to someone for their failure.
View Quote
They've gave me one free month of about 6 crazy late packages..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top