Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2019 9:30:41 AM EDT
Perfect example of Father's day.  I get wokenup at 630 by the dog throwing up.  My wife sleeps through it.  I take him out and clean up the small mess.

I'm wired that once I wake up there ain't no way I'm getting back to sleep till at least 10 pm.  So I decide to get some coffee and spend the next two hours getting my only peace and quiet for the rest of the day watching "How it's made" until the kids get up.

Right now I'm back in bed pretending to sleep so the kids can make me breakfast.  Meanwhile my wife loses her sanity trying to cook breakfast with the three girls, 7, 5, and 3 are "helping" her.

Not exactly a brag thread but I'll take it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#2]
This is how you earn your father's day.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#3]
The struggle is the glory my man.

I didn't even get a "good morning" from the fam, so I feel ya.   When I was still married the ex even forgot my birthday three years in a row.  But god forbid I put less than a bajillion percent effort into every hallmark holiday out there.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The struggle is the glory my man.

I didn't even get a "good morning" from the fam, so I feel ya.   When I was still married the ex even forgot my birthday three years in a row.  But god forbid I put less than a bajillion percent effort into every hallmark holiday out there.
View Quote
Sometimes holding the title means defending the title, no matter when, where, or how inopportune.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Enjoy your day, and nice looking kids, they will be grown and gone in a blink of an eye.

Time goes fast.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sometimes holding the title means defending the title, no matter when, where, or how inopportune.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Be thankful for every single minute, good or bad.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#8]
My son woke me up at 6:30. We were watching cartoons and I was starting to get hungry. But he wasn't hungry, so I kept waiting to cook anything.

Wife wakes up at 8 and asks what I want to do for breakfast. Son still isn't hungry. She doesn't seem to have an opinion and goes back to Facebook.

So I get tired of waiting for anyone to care about eating breakfast. I'm starving, so I go make a bowl of cereal. Wife got mad at me because she says she was going to cook.

I got bitched at because I got hungry.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#10]
You ain't kidding.  I was the fourth child.  I have three older sisters.  I am at peace with the fact that I was probably an accident.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You ain't kidding.  I was the fourth child.  I have three older sisters.  I am at peace with the fact that I was probably an accident.
View Quote
I can't imagine very many things to care less about.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
OOPS!
Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can't imagine very many things to care less about.
View Quote
I agree, what's done is done.  And obviously it's for the better anyhow.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, it’s probably not too late for your mom to exercise her reproductive rights. You better hope she isn’t a registered D.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I had my customary awkward phone call with my old man.  Both of us are introverted borderline socially awkward guys who hate small talk, but also are terrible at exiting interactions.  There's a lot of awkward silence and struggling to feign interest in mundane topics.

Happy father's day, see ya at Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I had my customary awkward phone call with my old man.  Both of us are introverted borderline socially awkward guys who hate small talk, but also are terrible at exiting interactions.  There's a lot of awkward silence and struggling to feign interest in mundane topics.

Happy father's day, see ya at Thanksgiving.
View Quote
@Klaustrophobia

You might want to work on that....one day you might not have the chance....

Red
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I never even heard the words "happy father's day " today.  Even visited with my grown son for a while today.  Oh well, such is life.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I woke up at 8 sat down in my recliner where I stayed pretty much all day. I did run some electric to a curio cabinet I'm building and just finished installing a new wall mounted microwave for my wife. My daughter gave me a card. I watched Airplane, Blazing Saddles, Logan, Die Hard, Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry. It was a good day.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Not a bad day, started off with the dag pissing and crapping all over the house, despite taking her out for 15 min just before.
Got some more of my security cameras replaced. Then helped my younger boy ride his new bike without training wheels for the first time. That was the highlight of the weekend.
Wrapping up with some phenomenal ribeye cap streaks with vidalias and oyster mushrooms, some grilled plantains, and a great bottle of red.

Yup, good day after all.

ETA headed out back to go fishing, yeeeup pretty good.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Dogs name Pukie ?
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I laughed more than I should've at this.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Three girls. You poor man.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Lol which part is confusing?
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Got to talk to my old man today, and the boy.  Neither of em had much to say, but @ least I got to talk to em.

Ordered that Combat Armory pistol kit for FW_wife's Da, so maybe I'll get to turn some of his ammo into noise when I get home.  $195 shipped, all you need is a lower.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Odd as it sounds, I'd kill to have woken up to my dog puking today. I'm almost 9,000 miles away from my family, and have been for 4 months. 2 months left.

Enjoy your day, Arfdads.
Top Top