Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2021 7:31:08 PM EDT
On this November 10, 2021 we celebrate the 246th Birthday of our Corps! I invite you who earned the Title past & present to drop a line and even share something if you wish. I raised my right hand in July 1985 and Retired in 2006 after a brutal tour in the most volatile location on Earth in 2004....

Semper Fidelis Marines!

246 Years Young!
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Wasn't sure if THIS was the proper "Section" or "Discussion" Thread, (but) - what's the saying about that word?

Know for a fact comms exist with my 0311, 0369s, 0200s and of course 0302s here. How can XX number of those who clicked on a "Marine" Thread not share something in common? No friggin way. Call to arms....

Shot over.....
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Happy birthday Gunny!
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Happy Birthday Marines.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#4]
‘93-‘16.  Best damn thing I did was raise my right hand and give it all I had.

Semper Fi Gunny
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SideSalad:
‘93-‘16.  Best damn thing I did was raise my right hand and give it all I had.
Semper Fi Gunny
View Quote

Willing to "assume" that 90% of us still concur to that very same damn notion my man! Twenty Three yrs ain't no joke brother. Hardcore!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:58:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R0N] [#6]

(1) On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of Continental Congress. Since that date many thousand men have borne the name “Marine”. In memory of them it is fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the birthday of our corps by calling to mind the glories of its long and illustrious history.

(2) The record of our corps is one which will bear comparison with that of the most famous military organizations in the world’s history. During 90 of the 146 years of its existence the Marine Corps has been in action against the Nation’s foes. From the Battle of Trenton to the Argonne, Marines have won foremost honors in war, and in the long eras of tranquility at home, generation after generation of Marines have grown gray in war in both hemispheres and in every corner of the seven seas, that our country and its citizens might enjoy peace and security.

(3) In every battle and skirmish since the birth of our corps, Marines have acquitted themselves with the greatest distinction, winning new honors on each occasion until the term “Marine” has come to signify all that is highest in military efficiency and soldierly virtue.

(4) This high name of distinction and soldierly repute we who are Marines today have received from those who preceded us in the corps. With it we have also received from them the eternal spirit which has animated our corps from generation to generation and has been the distinguishing mark of the Marines in every age. So long as that spirit continues to flourish Marines will be found equal to every emergency in the future as they have been in the past, and the men of our Nation will regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served as “Soldiers of the Sea” since the founding of the Corps.
View Quote

MajGen John A. Lejeune,

13th Commandant of the Marine Corps
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By R0N:

MajGen John A. Lejeune,

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:

(1) On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of Continental Congress. Since that date many thousand men have borne the name “Marine”. In memory of them it is fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the birthday of our corps by calling to mind the glories of its long and illustrious history.

(2) The record of our corps is one which will bear comparison with that of the most famous military organizations in the world’s history. During 90 of the 146 years of its existence the Marine Corps has been in action against the Nation’s foes. From the Battle of Trenton to the Argonne, Marines have won foremost honors in war, and in the long eras of tranquility at home, generation after generation of Marines have grown gray in war in both hemispheres and in every corner of the seven seas, that our country and its citizens might enjoy peace and security.

(3) In every battle and skirmish since the birth of our corps, Marines have acquitted themselves with the greatest distinction, winning new honors on each occasion until the term “Marine” has come to signify all that is highest in military efficiency and soldierly virtue.

(4) This high name of distinction and soldierly repute we who are Marines today have received from those who preceded us in the corps. With it we have also received from them the eternal spirit which has animated our corps from generation to generation and has been the distinguishing mark of the Marines in every age. So long as that spirit continues to flourish Marines will be found equal to every emergency in the future as they have been in the past, and the men of our Nation will regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served as “Soldiers of the Sea” since the founding of the Corps.

MajGen John A. Lejeune,

Good to see you R0N, happy birthday.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Semper Fi

2nd battalion 5th marines weapons Co. from 2010 to 2014.
Afghan in 2012 and 31st MEU in 2014.

Happy birthday devil dogs. YUT
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Was going to create a new thread until I realized I did one last year

Wishing all my Brother & Sister Marines a Happy 247th Birthday!

Semper Hardcore Leathernecks!
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:55:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R0N] [#10]
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Oooh-fuckin-RAH.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 8:06:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#12]
Originally Posted By RaynoEleven:
Oooh-fuckin-RAH.
View Quote

Exactly what I said after today's Red Mist. Ridiculous results
WTF are people in PA thinking!
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Happy Birthday, Devil Dogs...

Sincerely,
"Doc"

2/2, 1/10, 2/25, 3/24 Marines...
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 8:29:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Hope the Marines here have a fantastic birthday. And remember, if your Corpsman tells you to stop drinking or sit down or not fucking jump off a roof. Maybe do him a solid and listen.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By etslick:
Hope the Marines here have a fantastic birthday. And remember, if your Corpsman tells you to stop drinking or sit down or not fucking jump off a roof. Maybe do him a solid and listen.

Semper Fi
View Quote
They never listen..LOL. Never a dull moment for a Corpsman...
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By etslick:
Semper Fi
View Quote

Hydrate, change your socks and take 800mg Motrin!
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Happy Birthday!
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Happy late birthday, brothers and sisters.

SFMF
93-99
6112/6172
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top