User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You bought 'em and you're asking us?
View Quote
I know there is a market for them, just wondering why.....I'm all about the profit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe some people use them to practice getting out of them?  During some of my FTX IVs if I was playing OPFOR for the D Cell I would use a small piece of tape and tape a key to the underside of my belt.  As long as they didn't have them super tight I could usually get out of them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
do you even citizens arrest?  If you CCW you should carry a pair of handcuffs too, probably.
View Quote
Don't forget the sash!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You use your step dad's cuffs to get freaky? You think they ever did too?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My moms second husband used to be a sheriff's deputy. I have his old service revolver and handcuffs.

The handcuffs can be fun in the bedroom.

You use your step dad's cuffs to get freaky? You think they ever did too?
That's just disturbing. Not saying mom's a gold digger, but his youngest kid was 4 years older than my mom.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If they didn't have the key, it's unlikely they double locked them.

Easy to get out of cuffs that aren't double locked.
View Quote
Now you're an expert on handcuffs?
You can double lock them with an ink pen
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Make sure you flash your CCW badge when making a citizens arrest. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
do you even citizens arrest?  If you CCW you should carry a pair of handcuffs too, probably.
Make sure you flash your CCW badge when making a citizens arrest. 
If anyone here has a CCW badge, it is him.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I got over 70 sets of ASP Tri-Folds along with some other flex cuffs from a closing gun shop lot auction. I think I paid less than $20 for that lot.

They are pretty good, have a few sets in the truck, go bag, and on the shtf rig. Better than metal cuffs for anything I would ever use them fore, and no big deal if they get lost.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm sure some people want them, but how do you know many of the ones sold on ebay aren't going to cops or other professionals ?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
And a sash. Definitely a sash.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was going to post this. How LE memorabilia became a thing is beyond me.
View Quote
Badge bunnies
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#12]
My 8yo would kill for those
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they didn't have the key, it's unlikely they double locked them.

Easy to get out of cuffs that aren't double locked.
It was a kid, Einstein. You honestly think a kid is going to take an additional object and know how to double lock cuffs? Did I hurt your feelers with the LEO shrine comment?

Actually I had to make a key to get antique leg irons off a chair the kid put them on. They used to use key tracks that didn't allow a simple square projection to hit the release. Had to have a profile similar to the old skeleton keys.  And I make mechanisms like handcuffs for a living. i.e. ratcheting, locking mechanisms with releases. I know what they're likely made of  (eta, or the steels that lend themselves to this application) and how they're heat treated.

So, yeah, what do you want to know about them?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Please be serious
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#15]
When I retired I kept several sets just in case. In the event some scumbag(s) break into my home and neither they nor I are dead, then they are going on until the cops eventually arrive to take them off. It's a lot easier to keep track of one, two, or more cuffed home invaders laying on the floor than uncuffed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#16]
OP asks why people buy handcuffs immediately after buying handcuffs
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Believe it or not, there are people that collect LEO equipment, especially cuffs.

They dont even do weird stuff with them, just hang them on the wall
View Quote
You're saying that like that's not weird in and of itself.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Please be serious
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please be serious
I know it's RB, but even I can see that he's making a funny, if only in his own quirky way.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Make 2 bike locks
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I still have mine. A pair for extra large and small wrists, and 2 hinged. One of those
is black.

I do regret giving my convoy away to a BIL.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#21]
If you're going to be flying handcuff yourself to a briefcase. It's ackward at the x-ray machine but after that you'll look really cool and a great conversation starter!
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Meh. I have lots of odd things that might come in handy one day.

But, rope is way better for bdsm.
View Quote
Wow! You really are an expert on everything.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#23]
You could need/use them for the same reason a LEO would use them, to restrain someone. If you do use them, make sure you have proper/documented training on their application.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I like Spartacus Leathers for restraints.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The only thing real cop cuffs are good for us coming home and having to call the non-emergency number to the police to come to your house and unlock your child because they decided to lock themselves to a fricken suitcase and play like they are 1970's diamond dealers, then lose the damn key.

Then have the police tell you this is the second call of this nature in your neighborhood this week.

Ask me how I know.
View Quote
Key #1 is on a neck lanyard, attached to the cuffs when they're not being used. When the kids play cops & robbers, the lanyard stays on the neck of the "cop."

Key #2 is on my keychain in case the rules on key #1 aren't followed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dude... old nylons are the shizznet... they don't leave indentations in the skin

or so I was told
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Been married to my wife for 9 years, been licensed as a cop for almost 12 years, practicing for 10.

Not once have I ever put a set of handcuffs on her or any of my other family members.

I would rub a used tampon on a loved one before I would expose them to handcuffs.

Its not that I allow my handcuffs to get particularly dirty or that I don't clean them every now and again, it's just that I know what kind of people that they've been on.

It's like walking through a public restroom and then walking across a field of wet grass and then somebody asks you to lick your shoe.

Biologically, the sole of your shoe should now have just as much or just as little bathroom bacteria on it as that end of the field that you ended up in, but you still aren't going to lick the damn shoe.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#28]
We have a cheap set. I think they were $5 from Midway USA, probably discontinued, but they actually have the double lock. Not super high quality, but not the cheap sex store quality ones that are stamped thin and sharp as fuck. My first wife tried those on me, those hurt.

The Midway ones are much better. I've slapped them on the current wife a couple of times, nothing too kinky. She worked as a jailer for a year, so sometimes she gets weird about them. It's all about having a little fun without violating the cornhole.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Leg Shackles for the win

From Walmart no less
Attachment Attached File

Black LEGCUFFS Leg Irons LEG CUFFS

Shackles STEEL DOUBLE LOCK Police Grade 2 Key

$33.90
Free shipping

Attachment Attached File

More fun for happy time than simple cuffs.  (sold all my stuff when I retired)
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I know there is a market for them, just wondering why.....I'm all about the profit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The time you will spend fucking around on ebay, plus the time you spent buying shit at a yard sale pretty much guarantees to me that you are not "all about the profit".
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I imagine there are a lot more cuffs in possession of security guards, store security, prison guards, bail bondsmen, constables, and private investigators then you might think.  Just saying it's not just beat cops carrying them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

the dungeon/bondage crowd
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The time you will spend fucking around on ebay, plus the time you spent buying shit at a yard sale pretty much guarantees to me that you are not "all about the profit".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's see:

I bought the cuffs less than a half mile from my home for $2.00....I also picked-up a Griswold dutch oven/lid at the same place for $5.00.

On average this type of item will take me all of three minutes to list at $35.00 including taking the pic.

The item weighs 13.2 oz so it will ship first class. Buyer will pay the $3.50 shipping. It will be picked-up at my door.

So.....I make around $28.00 profit on a $2.00 item in a process that in total will take less time to complete than it took me to describe it to you because I had to explain it to you as I would to a child.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I admit I bought a 10-pack of disposable zip-tie style cuffs to out in my preps, but that is far as I've gone down that road (so far).
View Quote
This pretty much.  Although if I'm in serious enough sh!t to be needing them, I don't know that I'd be taking prisoners...
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
handcuffs are horrible in the bedroom

UNRELATED note

I have my uncles cuffs from his leo days engraved with his info
I distributed them out to family members and keep a set in the safe

not worth a ton but kinda neat to have

I try not to think about the fluids they have seen
View Quote
Meh. It depend on the type and what your do with them.

The hinge types are a lot less “fun”.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Believe it or not, there are people that collect LEO equipment, especially cuffs.

They dont even do weird stuff with them, just hang them on the wall
I collect LEO Trade-In guns.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I didn't use my turn signal once and a guy yelled out his car window that he should have citizen arrested me.
View Quote
That would have been pretty epic.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#39]
To get practice escaping from them, defeating them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Meh. It depend on the type and what your do with them.

The hinge types are a lot less "fun".
View Quote
Depends on if you are the cuffer or the cuffee.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#41]
People that work in private security carry them.

If you are gonna use them for kinky shit, stick with rope instead.

Nerve damage is a very real thing, and don't use zip ties either.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#42]
so you can hang them from your mirror because "i might be a cop so dont tailgate me bro"
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I admit I bought a 10-pack of disposable zip-tie style cuffs to out in my preps, but that is far as I've gone down that road (so far).
View Quote
Same here.

But I bought several handcuff keys as well.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Lol. I remember back years ago when i was a posse deputy my then wife had me arrested on a bogus charge (oh, women don't lie, do they?), They went through my pockets and then handed me back everything before they cuffed me, including my key ring that had a handcuff key in it.

We all laughed about it when they were processing me and I told them about it.

ETA: I still have my S&W cuffs.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Leg Shackles for the win

From Walmart no less
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/347286/87a9e77b-f7f6-4aeb-a865-fcd78d2f9547_1-690650.JPG

Black LEGCUFFS Leg Irons LEG CUFFS

Shackles STEEL DOUBLE LOCK Police Grade 2 Key

$33.90
Free shipping

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/347286/IMG_6562-690661.JPG

More fun for happy time than simple cuffs.  (sold all my stuff when I retired)
View Quote
I never saw a female prisoner that rustled my jimmies once. Ever. In fact I just burped up a little thinking about it. Sexy pirate for the win.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a couple pairs around here somewhere.  I’ve had them for so long that I can’t remember how I came by them.  I have three or four keys, too.

I keep one of the latter in my dresser drawer to put on my key ring whenever we have a key ring thread, so people will ask me why I have it, and I can say, “So I can let him go when I’m done with him.” That never gets old for me, but then I’m easily amused.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Around here, if you catch somebody stealing your shit --particularly inside your house or business-- you can legally detain them until the cops show up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Do you even operate? Hinged Cuffs FTW

Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Let's see:

I bought the cuffs less than a half mile from my home for $2.00....I also picked-up a Griswold dutch oven/lid at the same place for $5.00.

On average this type of item will take me all of three minutes to list at $35.00 including taking the pic.

The item weighs 13.2 oz so it will ship first class. Buyer will pay the $3.50 shipping. It will be picked-up at my door.

So.....I make around $28.00 profit on a $2.00 item in a process that in total will take less time to complete than it took me to describe it to you because I had to explain it to you as I would to a child.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's see:

Have you figured in the time you spend “ not buying stuff”?  You’re still working in the same business. You don’t get to only count your wins.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
paracord
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top