Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2018 1:39:18 PM EDT
My LumTec needs service again. I’d like another black faced Watch to wear while it’s being worked on. Any thoughts on a Hamilton Auto?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
They are good watches.  Shop around and get one you like.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks an awful lot like the field titanium I've been eyeballing.  Go for it, reasonably priced and if you don't like it flip it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been eyeing one of those for some time I just haven’t pulled the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Seeing as how I wore one today (my version of casual Friday) and it’s my favorite watch (above my Omega and Tissot) I say go for it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Serviced again? What is wrong with your LumTec? They are tough ass watches.

What about a Scurfa diver for your everyday duties?
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm wearing the watch in the OP right now. I bought it two weeks ago from an AD as a birthday gift for myself. It IS the titanium model. The accuracy has been around +2spd.

I am very happy with it, but you should be aware of two design niggles. The obvious date placement cutting the three in half, and "titanium" is etched on the left side of the case.

These don't bother me at all, but are reasonable criticisms.

It has the h10 movement with 80 hour power reserve. I love that. The lume is average, but I can read it most of the night. Not as bright as my lum-tec or seiko divers.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks an awful lot like the field titanium I've been eyeballing.  Go for it, reasonably priced and if you don't like it flip it.
View Quote
It is the Field Titanium. This one and the Field Full Black have me going hnnnnggggg.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had the stainless base / bracelet version for years.  I keep beating it and beating it and it keeps going.

For such a basic field watch, it's put up with a ton of abuse.

After my experiences with the Khaki auto, I ended up buying a couple more Hamiltons.  They've been good to me as a brand.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Serviced again? What is wrong with your LumTec? They are tough ass watches.

What about a Scurfa diver for your everyday duties?
View Quote
The movement in my Lum-Tec hates me. The first time it was very slow, then fast, then slow. The second time it would stop randomly. Now it’s stopping again, usually between 7 and 9 o clock and between the 1 and 3 with the minute hand.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I had the stainless case/brown strap version. I liked the watch a lot, but the lack of AR drove me crazy and I didn't care for the design of the dial.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 3:05:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had the stainless case/brown strap version. I liked the watch a lot, but the lack of AR drove me crazy and I didn't care for the design of the dial.
View Quote
I haven't sprung for the watch yet because of this.  I emailed Hamilton and they said their only AR coated Khaki watches are the Khaki Field PVD black, which has pretty bad visibility reviews due to the arabic numerals and indicies being flat black on the reflective face.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I had one years! Ago. Great watch I wore everyday. Never took it off. Shooting,chainsaw,dirt bike, etc.

Side note. Recently emailed Lume etc on two different days random questions before buying. Never got a reply. So I decided not to buy one...
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:08:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Where's the best place to shop for Hamilton watches
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Been looking at the same watch for a couple weeks now. Actually have my AD getting one in so I can see it up close.

I know there are two movements available and have seen the ones with the older movements listed in the $600 range online.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I usually use WatchUseek.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Been looking at the same watch for a couple weeks now. Actually have my AD getting one in so I can see it up close.

I know there are two movements available and have seen the ones with the older movements listed in the $600 range online.
View Quote
Let me know how it looks and how the lume  is.

The lack of AR glass really bothers me, so now I’m looking at the Laco Altenberg, same movement as the Lumtec and a used Damasko with an ETA movement.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Stopped pussy footing and anted up. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Funny. I’m wearing that watch right now. It’s by far my favorite and my favorite thing about it is the dial. I think it’s the best dial in the world. It has everything without feeling crowded.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Funny. I'm wearing that watch right now. It's by far my favorite and my favorite thing about it is the dial. I think it's the best dial in the world. It has everything without feeling crowded.
View Quote
For me, the circular pattern that runs around the dial under the numbers reflects light in a distracting way. That is if you can see the dial through the light reflecting off of the crystal.

Overall, I liked the watch a lot, but they could have done a better job with it.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top