Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/10/2021 2:57:39 PM EDT
Looks like Halo Infinite should drop December 8th. Anyone planning on picking it up? I've missed Halo for a while now. Hopefully this one is good.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
it'll be on PC gamepass, so I'll give it a spin for sure.

gamepass has been great lately. Back 4 Blood and FH5 recently, well worth the sub.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell yeah I am.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Been a long time since I've had time to game. But I crushed some noobs on various Halo games back in the day. Halo2 I think?

Link Posted: 11/12/2021 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
it'll be on PC gamepass, so I'll give it a spin for sure.

gamepass has been great lately. Back 4 Blood and FH5 recently, well worth the sub.
View Quote
I'll have to check that out. Can't say I've heard of gamepass.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll have to check that out. Can't say I've heard of gamepass.
View Quote

First 3 months for $1
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 4:40:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Already preordered it.  Also picking up two TVs with HDR (finally) for my Series X consoles.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:14:14 AM EDT
[#7]
*released, not dropped.

I've already had it on preorder like I've done for Battlefield 2042. But I'm going to be bummed as there won't be a co-op until much later which absolutely sucks. And the grappling hook is going to do everything the whiners were complaining about with the jump jets and sprints, yet everyone on Waypoint that was crying or has cried about it are suddenly all okay with the grappling hook despite being the same map breakers.

I'm a 152 on H5. Honestly I will probably go back to MCC and work on that rank and after finishing solo campaign and achievement hunting with what I can do in campaign only with Infinite. So unless they will introduce multiplayer game modes that disable the grapple or introduce the online co-op, I won't be going back until they do.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:34:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I miss playing halo
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 8:42:57 AM EDT
[#9]
It would be kind of great to see Halo take its throne back from CoD after all these years.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
*released, not dropped.
View Quote
Dropped is common vernacular for a date of release soooo
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
*released, not dropped.

It's slang and will always be slang by those wanting to be seen as hip and with the tHe tImE.

They call it a release date and not a drop date for a reason.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's slang and will always be slang by those wanting to be seen as hip and with the tHe tImE.

View Quote
Lol. Crap. That stands for laugh out loud gramps. Crap I did it again. That's slang for grandpa FYI. Crap did it again. I give up.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 3:13:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lol. Crap. That stands for laugh out loud gramps. Crap I did it again. That's slang for grandpa FYI. Crap did it again. I give up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in my very early 30's, meaning speaking correctly is timeless. And trying to dismiss the messenger by using an insult is a fallacy counter.

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#14]
coc #6.

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:01:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
coc #6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in my very early 30's, meaning speaking correctly is timeless. And trying to dismiss the messenger by using an insult is a fallacy counter.

coc #6

Again with the [personal attacks. Say that about you and your deliberately misguided use of the English language. I mean I am far from perfect but at least I'm trying to communicate effectively beats intentionally trying to discombobulate in order to feel like one of the cool kids.

Can we go back to talking about Infinite or this the hill that you're only concerned with?

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Again with the [personal attacks. Say that about you and your deliberately misguided use of the English language. I mean I am far from perfect but at least I'm trying to communicate effectively beats intentionally trying to discombobulate in order to feel like one of the cool kids.

Can we go back to talking about Infinite or this the hill that you're only concerned with?
View Quote
That's funny coming from someone that can't use the English language correctly himself. It's always funny to watch a person try to talk down to someone more intelligent than themself and watch it blow up in their face.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That's funny coming from someone that can't use the English language correctly himself. It's always funny to watch a person try to talk down to someone more intelligent than themself and watch it blow up in their face.
View Quote

I'll just refer to the COC.  Should read it, he's trying to keep you from getting locked.

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're saying that you're the smarter one?

Let's see here:

-You deliberately used cool kid slang, generally people of intelligence are more refined and less inclined to do so.

-Unlike you, I've already admitted that I'm not the greatest user of grammar but at least I try not to.

-You keep making a personal attack whereas I have yet to despite you even using the c___ word.

-I've even overlooked that personal attack and tried to help you out by trying to get this back on track, yet you're the one that refuses to do so and have made this entire tit for tat not on what I've said in regards to Infinite, but about my *remark that you took as a raging insult and went to fisticuffs over.

For a so called smarter person than me, you're displaying an awfully large volume of low emotional intelligence right now.

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You're saying that you're the smarter one?

Let's see here:

-You deliberately used cool kid slang, generally people of intelligence are more refined and less inclined to do so.

-Unlike you, I've already admitted that I'm not the greatest user of grammar but at least I try not to.

-You keep making a personal attack whereas I have yet to despite you even using the c___ word.

-I've even overlooked that personal attack and tried to help you out by trying to get this back on track, yet you're the one that refuses to do so and have made this entire tit for tat not on what I've said in regards to Infinite, but about my *remark that you took as a raging insult and went to fisticuffs over.

For a so called smarter person than me, you're displaying an awfully large volume of low emotional intelligence right now.

View Quote
Yes. I have no doubt. It's always a person of average intelligence, or below average, that tries to correct people to try to make themselves seem superior. And no need pointing it out, all we need to do is read your posts to understand you're not the best with the English language. Your previous post was nearly indecipherable.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Free Halo multiplayer. It dropped.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yes. I have no doubt. It's always a person of average intelligence, or below average, that tries to correct people to try to make themselves seem superior. And no need pointing it out, all we need to do is read your posts to understand you're not the best with the English language. Your previous post was nearly indecipherable.
View Quote
LMAO, still projecting your gibberish at me, wow.

I'll do us both a favor and just ignore your tantrums from now on
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
LMAO, still projecting your gibberish at me, wow.

I'll do us both a favor and just ignore your tantrums from now on
View Quote
Please do so I won't have to point out that my usage of the word is in Merriam's it's so common.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Just dusted off my Xbox one and started the download.

I haven't turned it on in 5 years
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I love the multi-player.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I love the multi-player.
View Quote
The videos I've watched reminded me of Halo 3 multiplayer. Definitely downloading it tonight.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I love the multi-player.
View Quote

Same here. I wasn't expecting much after the let down of 4 and 5, but it's great so far.

Played with a group of 8 IRL friends last night and wrecked shop
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Same here. I wasn't expecting much after the let down of 4 and 5, but it's great so far.

Played with a group of 8 IRL friends last night and wrecked shop
View Quote
So far it's a blast. I did get disconnected a couple times, but I'm betting the servers are getting slammed right now.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Shit the multiplayer looks really good.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#29]
the long respawn time is nice for really driving the tea bag home
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#31]
oh man, i've played 3 nights in a row now, up to battlepass level 8.

it's glorious. it's going to be the best halo MP of all.

it's not perfect, melee feels a bit weird/broken at times, especially with some clipping issues

but it's soooo good so far.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#32]
custom game are a ton of fun too

4-5 person free for all swords only with max speed and toggling gravity to max and minimum is fucking great
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Got to platinum 4 in ranked. It's tough playing by yourself
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Crashes on the initial loading screen for me. 6/10
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Crashes on the initial loading screen for me. 6/10
View Quote
That sucks. You're the first person I've heard of having issues. Only issues I've had were a couple disconnects while searching for a game. My friends haven't had any other issues either. Hmm
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That sucks. You're the first person I've heard of having issues. Only issues I've had were a couple disconnects while searching for a game. My friends haven't had any other issues either. Hmm
View Quote

I googled it and there are a couple articles saying it’s common, but no real solution offered. I re verified files on steam, no luck. I reinstalled with no luck.

Maybe they’ll patch in a fix. Otherwise, it cost me nothing so nbd. The game looks solid though. My friend crashes instantly. I make it to the first loading screen.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Got to platinum 4 in ranked. It's tough playing by yourself
View Quote

I found out you can change the fireteam settings, so you're not playing an entire team that's a party.  You can change it so only 1 or 2 people are partied up, which helps, I think.  I qualified Gold 3, and was getting peeved when I noticed this.  People just don't seem to play the objective.  I also found out you can change it so you're only playing people on controller, which is also nice.

As for the game itself...I enjoy it, but it needs more content.  Fiesta is a nice touch, but it definitely needs more.  The last Halo FPS came out 6 years ago.  Aside from the cycle of breaking and fixing the MCC, what was 343 doing the whole time?  A dedicated mode for Slayer would be nice, since again, most people don't play the objectives.  

The other big beef I have is that the F2P mechanics are a bit much.  I did buy the battle pass, but getting the same amount of XP regardless of whether you go 20 - 0 or 0 - 20 is just ridiculous.  You get 50 XP for completing a game whether you win or lose.  The challenges to get extra XP are a nuisance.  What if I don't want to get 5 kills with the Commando?  The gun sucks!  XP payout should be based on your performance in - game.  But hey, at least you can buy XP boosts.  Yay.  They need to get this resolved or they're going to have people doing the rubber band trick again.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can remember when Bungie 'dropped' Marathon, Marathon2, and Marathon Infinity.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I can remember when Bungie 'dropped' Marathon, Marathon2, and Marathon Infinity.
View Quote
Old enough to remember that too. I'm guessing I was playing Super Nintendo at that time or possibly the first PlayStation. Our computer back then wasn't playing any games haha.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#40]
I really wish I enjoyed Halo.  Never played xbox, always had PS.  Been PC gaming the past two years and thought I would give it a try.......one hard pill to swallow.  lol.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I really wish I enjoyed Halo.  Never played xbox, always had PS.  Been PC gaming the past two years and thought I would give it a try.......one hard pill to swallow.  lol.
View Quote

It's got a different playstyle from most shooters. It's one of the only long TTK shooters I've ever liked.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#42]
They've managed to fuck up the battlepass pretty spectacularly.

Core MP is solid and they can do a lot with it. Release as "Open Beta" is fine, but by adding the battlepass they raised expectations and fell pretty flat. Reddit is tearing them up.

Gameplay is solid though. Figure after about three months of their playerbase screaming and 343 acting surprised they might have something good in place.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They've managed to fuck up the battlepass pretty spectacularly.

Core MP is solid and they can do a lot with it. Release as "Open Beta" is fine, but by adding the battlepass they raised expectations and fell pretty flat. Reddit is tearing them up.

Gameplay is solid though. Figure after about three month of their playerbase screaming and 343 acting surprised they might have something good in place.
View Quote

This kinda sums up my feelings as well.  I went and bought the premium battlepass, because I enjoyed the game so much.  Once the honeymoon period ended, I realized there's just no content here.  Fiesta was fun...but lasted a whole week.  I can't see myself buying future battlepasses for this game, unless 343 really gets off their butts and makes something worth grinding for.  The concern I have is that they're going to complain that since the basic game is "Free to play," charging money for additional maps is acceptable.  Hopefully they aren't that inept.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#44]
I've been ignoring this game up until the last couple days. The last Halo I played was 4, and I hated it. Gave up a couple hours in because it was more annoying than compelling.

I just started watching some reviews and "before you buy" videos and I have to say this is the first Halo campaign I've been excited to play since Reach. MP is usually a mode I only casually play now and then in Halo, so the campaign is what I'm most concerned about, and this one looks great with the open-world structure. I decided to order a copy to arrive tomorrow.

It's kinda nice being excited about Halo again. I remember waiting in line for the midnight release of Halo 3.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 3:17:39 AM EDT
[#45]
From the Steam reviews, it sounds like the progression system & microtransactions for every basic cosmetic item are the fly in the ointment of an otherwise good soup game. Though cosmetics don't matter where gameplay is concerned, the fact that the franchise is being so pervasively monetized makes me wonder where it's heading with this model.

SW: Battlefront caught mucho flak for doing this, so not sure why HALO should get a pass.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 3:24:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Anyone else getting shot behind corners?

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
From the Steam reviews, it sounds like the progression system & microtransactions for every basic cosmetic items are the fly in the ointment of an otherwise good soup game. Though cosmetics don't matter where gameplay is concerned, the fact that the franchise is being so pervasively monetized makes me wonder where it's heading with this model.

SW: Battlefront caught mucho flak for doing this, so not sure why HALO should get a pass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
From the Steam reviews, it sounds like the progression system & microtransactions for every basic cosmetic items are the fly in the ointment of an otherwise good soup game. Though cosmetics don't matter where gameplay is concerned, the fact that the franchise is being so pervasively monetized makes me wonder where it's heading with this model.

There are frequent references to the “most downvoted post in Reddit history (EA’s BS excuse for Battlefront grind) in the Halo one. They’re definitely being raked over the coals for it. And yeah - gameplay is solid I think. Map rotation and playlist selection is absolute shit and they’re trying to dance around it. It’s a kickass beta but if they want to monetize it “kickass beta” isn’t acceptable.
Quoted:
Anyone else getting shot behind corners?
I’ve heard about sync issues and stuff but haven’t personally experienced any “that was bullshit” deaths.

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#48]
I've had several "things that make you go hmmmm" deaths, but nothing overly crazy

I dont really care enough to type it out but damn the XP system if fucking stupid.

I still play alot, but until they change to performance based xp, I wont be doing any grinding

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:I dont really care enough to type it out but damn the XP system if fucking stupid.

I still play alot, but until they change to performance based xp, I wont be doing any grinding
View Quote
lol sorry team I want to be helpful but will be MIA 'cause I need ten kills with this stupid shotgun and I can only find one on this BTB map. I'll be camping some blind corner for half the match kthx.

Not that the team really cares because winning doesn't matter right now.

Asinine.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
lol sorry team I want to be helpful but will be MIA 'cause I need ten kills with this stupid shotgun and I can only find one on this BTB map. I'll be camping some blind corner for half the match kthx.

Not that the team really cares because winning doesn't matter right now.

Asinine.
View Quote

That doesnt bother me so much. I did plenty of that in previous games. Winning a match with >15 KDA and getting the same XP as the clown on the losing team with -15 KDA is what bugs me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top