Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2021 12:15:23 AM EDT
Hello,

First time in this section of ARF and I am highly computer illiterate. I just recently updated a work issue laptop and I'm having issues getting it to fully shut down. It will go to the black "Shutting Down" screen with the little logo and spinning thing and it just won't ever shut down. I did a lot of the first things Google suggested like disabling Fast Startup and some other thing like unchecking a box about "Shut Down to Save Power" in the control panel but none of that worked. Is there any way I can reset it to how it was yesterday before I updated? One of the updates was about the BIOS and my ignorant understanding is that might have something to do with it. I am absolutely terrified of resetting something and losing the programs installed at work because I don't know how to get them again without taking it in.

Any clues on where to start fixing my issue?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top