Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/24/2021 10:29:29 PM EDT
Anyone with a VP9 done any work on their trigger? Planned on an Apex only to find they don't provide a VP9 trigger upgrade.

Damn them to hell

So what to do? Getting this new blaster dialed in for EDC, have a light, holster and RMR on order.  

Need a tits'd out trigger.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#1]
VP9 has a trigger that doesn’t need to be messed with but Lazy Wolf or Grayguns are your two options. I can shoot a VP9 like a laser beam but if you really want to drop $100’s of dollars to get a 95% perfect trigger to 99% perfect then both companies can get you there. Shot a Lazy Wolf gun, it was definitely nice but not worth the money on the VP9 in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The VP9 trigger is fantastic out of the box, I don’t know why you would need to mess with it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Since this is GD, get a GLOCK. The VP9 was the biggest firearm disappointment I've had in a long time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since this is GD, get a GLOCK. The VP9 was the biggest firearm disappointment I've had in a long time.
View Quote

What was disappointing about it?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The VP9 trigger is fantastic out of the box, I don’t know why you would need to mess with it.
View Quote

It's a little grindy, maybe I just need to shoot it some.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
HK parts sells a match spring that I like in mine.  The VP9 trigger is pretty good out of the box though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dunno about pokey, but the cocking ears brok off mine when I ran some drills with it...HK told me to fuck off...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Absolutely buy the H&K match trigger spring kit.

It is a nice upgrade.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't even...

It's just so wrong.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're that one dentist out of 10 that doesnt recommend brushing
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:44:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It is a nice upgrade.
View Quote

Is that the best available trigger mod for this gun?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I always thought the stock VP9 trigger was pretty damn good.

I wouldn’t touch it for an EDC pistol. As we all know, a “settled science” type thing, the prosecuting attorney will use any modification to make you look like a psycho killer.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything? The trigger was easily the most disappointing. Hitch-ey, mushy, shit reset. Gigantic shelf sitting on the web of your hand. Ridiculously priced mags. HATED the paddle mag release. Not very accurate.

After reading so much online about how great it was, it was easily the biggest letdown in a long, long time. Maybe even ever.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:20:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just to this and forget about it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Everything? The trigger was easily the most disappointing. Hitch-ey, mushy, shit reset. Gigantic shelf sitting on the web of your hand. Ridiculously priced mags. HATED the paddle mag release. Not very accurate.

After reading so much online about how great it was, it was easily the biggest letdown in a long, long time. Maybe even ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please gtfo of my thread.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:28:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$300 damn!

How long does he keep the gun for?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#18]
It's a good stock trigger, better than anything Glock ever put out.

If you got the ammo, shoot the hell out of it.

HK was not fucking around when they designed this pistol. Haters got dropped on their heads as babies, never mind them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I refuse. The VP9 is shit and will have a short service life.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Lazy Wolf

Send it to him.  He’ll make it as good as it can get.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:36:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

$300 damn!

How long does he keep the gun for?
View Quote

About three weeks for my 226.  Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s HKs best selling pistol of all time. It’s going to be around for a while....especially after the “2020” upgrades(increased mag capacity, optics cut, new sights).
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:39:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's a good stock trigger, better than anything Glock ever put out.

If you got the ammo, shoot the hell out of it.

HK was not fucking around when they designed this pistol. Haters got dropped on their heads as babies, never mind them.
View Quote
The VP9 and the PPQ are the best stock striker fired triggers I've ever shot. Neither of them are as nice as the Zev I put in my Glock 34, but they are both workable and put the shit house stock Glock sand pit trigger to shame.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a nice upgrade.

I’m not sure. I know it was the best improvement I’ve ever had for $20.00.

If you want any better I’d say get it shipped to Grey’s guns.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#25]
When I saw this thread I got mixed up and thought everyone was talking about the VP70.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:42:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

C’mon man, have some class, it’s OP’s thread.

OP, I have identical VP9SK’s worked over by Grayguns.

He put 10-8 sights on it, and the triggers are out of this world.

I kept stock springs for a 5.5lb pull, as one is a carry and the other is a trainer. First stage, takeup is butter smooth and trigger breaks right on the wall (2nd stage).

These guns have the best striker triggers available to Man. I’ve tried them all.

I looked at Lazy Wolf, but Grayguns was instantly responsive and kept true to timelines.

Recommend highly.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#27]
OP, get the match sear spring and keep the stock trigger return spring. You’ll get a 4.5 pound trigger will a positive reset. And the more you shoot it, the smoother it will get. I’ve owned VP9s since they got released, so I have a fair amount of experience in this area.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not trying to slam you but your response makes me question you pistol shooting skills.  I'll agree that the mags are expensive, but you aren't going to find a nicer factory magazine on the market.

I own a G19 and it's nowhere near as nice as the VP9.  It's like the difference between a Corolla and a Lexus.

To the OP's question-  The VP9 trigger will get better with use but if you need an upgrade, Grayguns has a good reputation.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Oh yeah definitely "tits out" the trigger on your EDC gun.  Make sure you carry AIWB and post pics after you plug yourself in the inner thigh while trying to reholster in a gas station bathroom.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Why would you mess with that trigger? It's damn near perfect.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I've got the Lazy Wolf in my VP9SK.  I made a thread about it in the HK subforum (or maybe it was handguns).

It's an excellent upgrade, but I opted to leave the stock trigger return spring in place.  I can't stand a less than positive reset.

It's worth the money IMHO if you have any mechanical aptitude.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I tried reaching out to Lazy Wolf and he does live up to the Lazy part of it. No response whatsoever. I don’t think the service will improve after he has my money and firearm. Are there any other worthwhile upgrades? I see HK has a stainless steel guide rod but I also came across a DPM that’s adjustable. Do you guys recommend one or the other? Any other worthwhile upgrades? I just grabbed a 2020 Optics Ready VP9 with a threaded barrel. The trigger break is great but my PPQ’s  has a much better reset. I’d love to get the travel cut in half on this HK.

https://hkparts.net/product/stainless-recoil-rod-assembly-complete-vp9-vp40-p17306.htm

https://www.opticsplanet.com/dpm-recoil-rod-reducer-system-for-heckler-koch.html
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Because I haven't seen it mentioned, Lobos Industries also makes a replacement VP9 trigger.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I tried reaching out to Lazy Wolf and he does live up to the Lazy part of it. No response whatsoever. I don’t think the service will improve after he has my money and firearm. Are there any other worthwhile upgrades? I see HK has a stainless steel guide rod but I also came across a DPM that’s adjustable. Do you guys recommend one or the other? Any other worthwhile upgrades? I just grabbed a 2020 Optics Ready VP9 with a threaded barrel. The trigger break is great but my PPQ’s  has a much better reset. I’d love to get the travel cut in half on this HK.

https://hkparts.net/product/stainless-recoil-rod-assembly-complete-vp9-vp40-p17306.htm

https://www.opticsplanet.com/dpm-recoil-rod-reducer-system-for-heckler-koch.html
View Quote

You can do the install yourself.  It isn't that difficult.  You'll need punches a dental pick and a small pair of pliers.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:14:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Do you guys recommend the Lobos or the HK trigger (The one Lazy Wolf installs)? I want less travel and the Lobos is the only one that advertises that if I’m not mistaken (30% less travel).  I am a sucker for a flat trigger on the VP9 though. I’ll most likely end up doing it myself. After trying to reach out to Lazy Wolf several times and not being responded to at all I won’t give him a dime. Being a business owner myself, I don’t understand how people stay in business with terrible customer service. Looking at reviews it looks like his wait times are strongly dishonest or blatantly a lie (many customers said it took months to get it back after the deadline with zero updates). Do you guys recommend any other upgrades? I was thinking of the low profile magwell and maybe a bigger mag release. I had a SW99 back in the day with the paddles and the mag drops on that were amazing. I’m definitely having a harder time on this frame. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#37]
The one change that I'd like to see is a shorter reach to the trigger.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#38]

No, they are hopeless.

Oh, sorry.....wrong pistol.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This right here.  I wouldn't waste the money, how much improvement do you expect.  I love the trigger on my VP9.  The only striker fire trigger I have that is even close is my Sig 320 X Legion and still I like the VP9 better
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:44:22 PM EDT
[#42]
The VP9 has arguably the best OEM striker trigger on the market. I see no reason to dick around with it personally.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Oh yeah definitely "tits out" the trigger on your EDC gun.  Make sure you carry AIWB and post pics after you plug yourself in the inner thigh while trying to reholster in a gas station bathroom.
View Quote

If the only thing keeping you from shooting yourself in the dick is a nice trigger, maybe you should reevaluate carrying a gun.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#44]
The reset is great but the travel is long. The VP9 has a slightly shorter reset than my worked XDM OSP 10mm with the PRP trigger and work done. However the XDM trigger now blows away the stock VP9. Stock vs stock the VP9 would win but with such big gains from my XDM I’m sure the VP9 would be amazing with a little work.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paddle mag releases are vastly superior to button mag releases. The grip feels decent in my big hands. Trigger is way better than a stock glock trigger. Accuracy is better than any stock glock I've owned or shot.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Paddle mag releases are vastly superior to button mag releases. The grip feels decent in my big hands. Trigger is way better than a stock glock trigger. Accuracy is better than any stock glock I've owned or shot.
View Quote

I agree and disagree

Sold my USP due to the paddle release.  Every time the paddle was even slightly bumped, the mag fell out

But, the paddle mag release on the VP9 is fantastic.  No issues at all

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Replacing a trigger (which I have done many times) on an HK, I'd rather slam my hand in a door jamb.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I agree and disagree

Sold my USP due to the paddle release.  Every time the paddle was even slightly bumped, the mag fell out

YMMV
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree and disagree

YMMV

I’ve always been very meh on HKs smaller paddle release, but have found their larger paddle like on the VP9/HK45C/etc to kick major ass.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#49]
I bought a VP9 a few years ago based on all the positive feedback on here.  At the time I had Glock 9mms.  First time out with it I wasn't impressed.  2nd trip to the range the trigger felt better and I shot it better, 3rd trip o the range it felt even better.  I now have a few of them.  Only changes I've made to them is new sights.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I always thought the stock VP9 trigger was pretty damn good.

I wouldn’t touch it for an EDC pistol. As we all know, a “settled science” type thing, the prosecuting attorney will use any modification to make you look like a psycho killer.
View Quote

I hope you’re trolling and not literally retarded
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top