Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Cliffs?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#2]
When assholes collide
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn pre-workout drinks will get ya ammmmppppeeddddd!!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#4]
The only thing I can think of is the lifter was dropping the bar.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#5]
All that strength and the guy is a total pussy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]
For those of us who don't go to gyms, what was he kicked out for?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cliffs?
View Quote

Couldn't understand the audio. WTF did they say?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Cliffs?
View Quote

GET OUT!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I mean... if you can't set it down appropriately, you've got too much weight on the bar.

That's how you get fucked up bars.

Other guy acted like an asshole about it though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Couldn't understand the audio. WTF did they say?
View Quote

GET OUT!

GET

OUT

GET OUT!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm ... uh ... what is going on here?  Is it because he's kinda dropping the weights, letting them bounce too much?  Stance is a little too narrow?  Is grunting loudly enough? Shins aren't bloody enough?  Back is too rounded?  Does OG Animal tank top own the gym or something?

EDIT

Quoted:
I mean... if you can't set it down appropriately, you've got too much weight on the bar.

View Quote

Ah and there it is.  Dropping the weight.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't usually side with hiding behind a police or lawyers, but the gym owner / manager kicked the weight out of his hands and also pushed him.  You have a cell phone recording video documenting the whole thing.  You know you aren't going back to the gym after that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure about that.  I mean there are pads on the ground and those plates look like rubber coated so I don't see what the big deal is.  A lot of people don't set them down - totally normal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/montreal-gym-goer-attacked-because-his-weightlifting-was-too-loud

Long article but clip here kinda tells the story.

"The majority of Buzzfit members are first-time gym users, Johnson said. “We are not equipped for the hardcore workout he was doing. He was lifting at an elite level of powerlifting, which requires specialized facilities.”

A deadlift platform, which makes for a quieter landing for weights, is common in serious heavyweight gyms, Rubish said.

Lalonde had been asked to place mats under the weight plates and he had complied, Johnson said. “On this day when he was working out, it wasn’t that much of an issue because he had made the adjustments he had been asked to make.”

The man who assaulted him is not a Buzzfit employee, Johnson said, and he was not well known to staff. “We had to go through video footage” to identify him."
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/montreal-gym-goer-attacked-because-his-weightlifting-was-too-loud

"The majority of Buzzfit members are first-time gym users, Johnson said. “We are not equipped for the hardcore workout he was doing. He was lifting at an elite level of powerlifting, which requires specialized facilities.”

A deadlift platform, which makes for a quieter landing for weights, is common in serious heavyweight gyms, Rubish said.

Lalonde had been asked to place mats under the weight plates and he had complied, Johnson said. “On this day when he was working out, it wasn’t that much of an issue because he had made the adjustments he had been asked to make.”

The man who assaulted him is not a Buzzfit employee, Johnson said, and he was not well known to staff. “We had to go through video footage” to identify him."
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Yet another reason not to go to the gym.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Gym owner/manager is a complete asshole. Kids got headphones in and didnt hear him. You dont stomp the weights down when someone is in the middle of a lift and you dont push people.

Edit: So the dude that kicked the weights down, shoved him and kicked him out doesnt even work there? Wtf?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#19]
What the fuck?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:38:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right. No dropping weights policy at that gym.  I have seen a lot worse.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#21]
roid rage

assault

call cops

press charges

fuck that lunatic
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Why is he slamming it down like that
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bullshit he was not an employee. He was not an employee once the video came out. Just trying to dodge a lawsuit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I see assault and battery x2.

Hope he got charged... what a fucking asshole.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Gym owner/manager is a complete asshole. Kids got headphones in and didnt hear him. You dont stomp the weights down when someone is in the middle of a lift and you dont push people.

Edit: So the dude that kicked the weights down, shoved him and kicked him out doesnt even work there? Wtf?
View Quote

Yeah that sounds like a great way to claim back damage and sue the fuck out of that gym.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Canada and (COC) gym.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure gravity is doing most of the work there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Whole lotta stupidity in that vid
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Could have caused an injury kicking the weights down. Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#30]
here's how I would've handled that..

There's obviously recorded evidence, use it

walk out after getting your things peacefully

use video evidence against him press charges, he loses his job and faces criminal charges

easy peasy
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never seen a bent bar from dropping weights while doing deadlifts?

The shit happens.

All that being said, I see the guy wasn't an employee or the owner of the joint and it's a hollywood fitness type place... so... oh well. deadlifter needs to find a less shitty gym.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#32]
that's probably a good way to hurt someone kicking the weight out like that.   I know a few guys that drop dead lifts from the top because it allegedly can increase sprint speed.  

Kid had head phones on and didn't hear or see him.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"The majority of Buzzfit members are first-time gym users, Johnson said. "We are not equipped for the hardcore workout he was doing. He was lifting at an elite level of powerlifting, which requires specialized facilities."

Lalonde had been asked to place mats under the weight plates and he had complied, Johnson said. "On this day when he was working out, it wasn't that much of an issue because he had made the adjustments he had been asked to make."

The man who assaulted him is not a Buzzfit employee, Johnson said, and he was not well known to staff. "We had to go through video footage" to identify him."
View Quote
Lol what the actual pussified fuck is that response?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Lol what the actual pussified fuck is that response?
View Quote

Appeasing people's delicate sensibilities and protecting them from seeing someone perform at a higher level than them is apparently a huge fucking market.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Theres something going on there, the asswipe comes in from the next room, wasn't even near him, and he walks in w/another guy that does his best casual impression, which is pretty shitty since you dont take a drink of water just after seeing someone kick weights out of someone elses hand. I think a third guy was in on whatever it was, too, since he walks in and then just turns around when the confrontation starts. I guess asswipe could have just been talking shit in the next room or something.  That kid didnt do anything to deserve that, asswipe needs a serious ass kicking.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When assholes collide
View Quote

It is Montreal...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Could have caused an injury kicking the weights down. Fuck that guy.
View Quote

Looks like the bar contacted his groin when it was kicked down. Basically pushed it against his body with the mechanics of the kick/push. Rolled down his front and BOING! I would not be happy with that!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#38]
That's extremely dangerous to kick the weights in the middle of it all.  He should've beat the shit out of the gym nazi that doesn't even work there're.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because he is lifting heavier than he can control and because his form is terrible.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those black circle things on the end of the bar makes it weigh a bunch.  The more that are on there, the heavier it is.  So I am just doing some casual observations but I think that bar is pretty heavy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
We did this one a couple years ago.

He was dropping the bar, and the guy who told him to get out didn't even work there.  I forget the end result.  

Dude screaming get out needed to handled.  Drop the weights or don't drop them, that is a local thing.  What do the rules say?  But this is not the way you handle this situation, kicking the bar out of somebodies hands mid lift, that guy should have to learn a lesson.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Those black circle things on the end of the bar makes it weigh a bunch.  The more that are on there, the heavier it is.  So I am just doing some casual observations but I think that bar is pretty heavy.
View Quote

So he’s got more on there than he can safely control because he’s trying to make a little gym video?

I’ll chalk this up to a case of two assholes colliding
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#43]
lol.  That's not dropping the weight.

We can tell who has never pulled heavy for reps.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So he's got more on there than he can safely control because he's trying to make a little gym video?

I'll chalk this up to a case of two assholes colliding
View Quote
And you would be wrong this time.

Shouting guy is dangerous.  NOR DOES HE WORK THERE.  He has no authority to do what he did.

AGAIN YOU WOULD BE WRONG.  The only asshole is the guy who kicks the weight bar down.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Old video.

The dude was kicked out of the gym and hammered all over the internet.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#46]
There was a reason there was a camera set up already recording before that incident........probably lots more to that story.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Happened in Montreal 2 years ago. According to the article the lifter was a 19 year old kid who was recording his lift to send to a strength coach. He had permission to deadlift as long as he put mats down which he did. The Animal shirt guy was not gym staff but instead was just another member who was annoyed with the noise. Kid ended up pressing charges of assault against Animal and was offered a free membership by the gym. A staff member was suspended because they should have been on top of the problem and it never should have gone that far.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah dudes a fucking asshole. When I used to go to the gym people would do cleans and dead lifts and drop the bars. The platforms are made to do that.

I would have fucking knocked that dude out after he pushed me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There was a reason there was a camera set up already recording before that incident........probably lots more to that story.

View Quote
Yea to watch his form?  Lots of people record themselves lifting.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top