Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/20/2018 6:32:58 AM EDT
The left has capitalized on the #WeResist grassroots they had already setup in advance of Trump's inauguration and this is a full-force advance on our position. When you look around and see your comrades falling (And those who you thought were your comrades, then its just a matter of time.

I think we need to get off our asses and get back to the fervor we had after Sandy Hook or we will be here with a dazed look on our faces wondering what the fuck just happened.

EDIT: State Level Activity (States you wouldn't normally expect)
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/BREAKING-Florida-Senate-prepares-sweeping-package-of-gun-control-legislation/5-2082664/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Sweeping-assault-weapon-ban-floated-in-Rhode-Island-NOW-WITH-FIREMISSION-IN-OP-/5-2081506/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Ohio-gubernatorial-candidate-Dennis-Kucinich-calls-for-statewide-ban-on-AR-15-style-weapons/5-2082814/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/19/florida-school-shooting-john-kasich-commonsense-gun-laws/350922002/

Traitorous "Industry" Companies
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/X-Products-owner-s-Licensing-Scheme-and-Wife-apparently-has-fundraiser-for-Everytown/5-2082761/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Optics-Planet-No-more-sales-of-standard-capacity-magazines-to-general-public-email-added-to-OP-/5-2082619/

New Gun Control Group formed
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/New-from-Bloomberg-Students-Demand-Action-gun-control-group/5-2082813/

Fudds don't help us at all, in fact they hurt us
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Fudds-are-coming-out-in-record-droves-/5-2082497/

Trump Banning Bump Stocks?
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/BREAKING-Trump-supporting-and-pushing-for-bump-stock-ban-UPDATE-More-coming-/5-2082964/?page=1

President Trump hasn't "closed door" on an AWB, pending meeting with FL families
time stamp 46:10
WATCH: Sarah Sanders holds White House news briefing
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#1]
If nothing nationally was passed after Sandy Hook with Dem leadership, why are you worried about Trump' Administration?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:38:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Just need something else to roll on the news cycles, perhaps a trump relative getting a wad of cash from Russia story.  At this point anything that the libs can scream about against trump would do.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:40:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If nothing nationally was passed after Sandy Hook with Dem leadership, why are you worried about Trump' Administration?
View Quote
This one is different. They're using their hatred for Trump as an oxidizer to put the pressure on vulnerable politicians.

I think we are in danger if we keep looking at Sandy Hook as a "high water mark" of sorts for mass shootings. I think the left is successfully painting the narrative that Trump/republicans are to blame for mass events like this and that Mr. and Mrs. low information voter/milquetoast gun owner are beginning to fall for it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:42:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing is going to happen.

Trump was actually right.

Obama and the dems had 8 Fucking years.

Also you can thank Cruz my booger eating senator for beating it back during that time .
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:42:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Any R that pushes any kind of gun control is finished.
Any D in a red state that pushes any kind of gun control is finished.

They're going to make some kind of token change to NCIC, that's all.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
honest answer?  because after sandy hook, the GOP was still in full resist mode, unwilling to compromise anything to obama.  since trump won, GOP RINOs have been openly caving to the left on a variety of issues.  and we're already seeing them "willing to open a dialogue" on the issue.

so yeah, there is real danger here.  go to 6:00...

FOPA Hughes Amendment VOTE APRIL 10 1986
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:44:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Can you please link these federal gun control laws you are talking about.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:44:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This one is different. They're using their hatred for Trump as an oxidizer to put the pressure on vulnerable politicians.

I think we are in danger if we keep looking at Sandy Hook as a "high water mark" of sorts for mass shootings. I think the left is successfully painting the narrative that Trump/republicans are to blame for mass events like this and that Mr. and Mrs. low information voter/milquetoast gun owner are beginning to fall for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the OP is totally correct. We have gotten too comfortable with no blowback after these shootings.

Please consider  donating  to the   NRA ILA
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#9]
with the great prices over the past year on ar stuff people should have plenty of everything. we have been saying for a long time stock up and stock up deep on ammo, mags, BCG and lowers. At the prices today there is no reason not to have at least one build and 1000 rounds sitting around. I do however agree we should stay on top of things by mailing our congress. However that has shown to be frivolous especially after the fail HPA for the last few years.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:46:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This one is different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This one is different.
That's what everyone said after Vegas.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#11]
IMHO, a vast majority of the population understands it's the Government that has designated "Gun Free Zone" at our schools and left the children vulnerable to evil attacks such as this past week.  Our liberal media gives more attention to the unhinged left with their illogical reasoning regarding Gun Control, because they want an unarmed population.

I would also argue that the Government continues to keep Schools unprotected to further promote Gun Control by giving Evil people an easy target.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Obama had 8 years to pass gun control and did not because none is needed.
There are already so many gun laws no one knows them all.
It is already against the law to murder someone.
You can not stop a crime before it happens because no one reliably predicts the future - see weather forecasts - and that is what the liberals want to do.
Go ahead and take names and keep a current list posted of all those spineless weasels who sell our rights out from under us and we can deal with them at the next several elections.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:50:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
jab sets up the hook.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:50:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can you please link these federal gun control laws you are talking about.
View Quote
I'm not going to link them but an AWB is possible, Trump has indicated he's ok with Cornyn's FixNICS bill which was previously rolled into the now stalled Reciprocity bill. State-level bans on Bump Stocks have continued to fester under the radar.
A Gabby Giffords-pushed mental health bill has had growing success on the state level and it will very likely be pushed nationally- whereby family members can raise their concerns about you before a court without your knowledge and have your weapons confiscated and the burden is on YOU to prove you're worthy to own them.

There are multi-pronged tools in their arsenal, not to mention the weakening of the Congress which is definitely in their plans for 2018. They are playing the long game here as they always have.

I'll remind you, Trump was supposed to get us our rights BACK. Now here we are again playing lazy defense when we should be playing an aggressive offense.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I see them taking out token legislation like “improved” background. Dems don’t want any changes right now. They are using this as a campaign issue.

If they get the house and Senate then we are fucked. Supreme Court is not in our favor yet to stop whatever shit they can force.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:54:15 AM EDT
[#16]
The only reason, and it's a valid concern, the Rs would pass some gun control would be to fuck over Trump

The Rinos despise him, and doing something that could make him lose the election is right in their wheelhouse.

But I think trump vetoes it
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:55:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm not going to link them but an AWB is possible, Trump has indicated he's ok with Cornyn's FixNICS bill which was previously rolled into the now stalled Reciprocity bill. State-level bans on Bump Stocks have continued to fester under the radar.
A Gabby Giffords-pushed mental health bill has had growing success on the state level and it will very likely be pushed nationally- whereby family members can raise their concerns about you before a court without your knowledge and have your weapons confiscated and the burden is on YOU to prove you're worthy to own them.

There are multi-pronged tools in their arsenal, not to mention the weakening of the Congress which is definitely in their plans for 2018. They are playing the long game here as they always have.
View Quote
You do know they are only winning at state level and in states that are pretty much liberal havens.
It is simple - Do not ever vote for a democrat or liberal...EVER!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#18]
We need to keep the pressure on the law makers. This one has gained traction that Sandy Hook didn’t. We can’t sleep on this one.

My wife who was supportive of our rights is now full of emotions and feelings as to how we need change. I never thought I’d be fighting her on gun rights.

The conversations in my house have gotten heated. My kids 13 and 11 are showing reason.

My son thinks we need to arm teachers. If not with guns at least with tasers.

My daughter has identified a problem not being discussed. She thinks schools are to big. The large size of many of our schools makes many kids feel disconnected from others. Smaller schools and classes could help nurture compassion and unity in local communities.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The only reason, and it's a valid concern, the Rs would pass some gun control would be to fuck over Trump

The Rinos despise him, and doing something that could make him lose the election is right in their wheelhouse.

View Quote
That will be the true test:  will Trump veto anything stupid.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You do know they are only winning at state level and in states that are pretty much liberal havens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Winning and the state level is what the R's did heavily under Obama. It's a bad thing for us.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
This post is as dumb as a milque toast gun owner.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:02:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Personally, I think the threat for new controls is at the State level.  They've changed from a national push to trying to pick off states where it us far easier to swing some politicos around to"Do Something".  Because, you know, it's for the chirren.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Didn't Trump already indicate that gun control was off the table?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:05:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Charlie Rangel forced Hughes amendment through without proper procedure manipulating the vote. Watching this makes me sick.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'll remind you, Trump was supposed to get us our rights BACK. Now here we are again playing lazy defense when we should be playing an aggressive offense.
View Quote
Join date, screen name, post count, lack of tangible proof of fears, lack of understanding government function, faux turd world nation flag......

Yep, you're paranoid
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:09:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The left has capitalized on the #WeResist grassroots they had already setup in advance of Trump's inauguration and this is a full-force advance on our position. When you look around and see your comrades falling (And those who you thought were your comrades, then its just a matter of time.

I think we need to get off our asses and get back to the fervor we had after Sandy Hook or we will be here with a dazed look on our faces wondering what the fuck just happened.
View Quote

A few states will go even more herp derp.....

Federally......vote for suppressors is probably dead. (unless the mid terms go stupidly well for us) Hope not though.

Trump isn't signing anything and last thing I saw Ryan made it pretty clear the House isn't doing "anything about guns". So I'm sure a few senate bills will come, maybe even a "bipartisan common sense" bill. It will die in the house though. Nothing hits the Whitehouse desk, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:13:27 AM EDT
[#27]
One of the outstanding well spoken articulate young man speaking for an assault weapon ban help us be the son of a retired FBI agent. They have a lot going for them right now you're firing up the youth. In church I heard lot of pro-gun people saying we really don't need ar15s
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:14:19 AM EDT
[#28]
I wonder how many other “laws” on the books were fraudulently passed by Dems?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Exactly.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:15:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Join date, screen name, post count, lack of tangible proof of fears, lack of understanding government function, faux turd world nation flag......

Yep, you're paranoid
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, you're paranoid
OP has a good point, though.  More than one year passed and we have not seen anything in our favor.  All pro-gun legislation stalled.   Where's CCW reciprocity?  Where's the "hearing act"?

We had a very good opportunity to be on offense and have been only still playing defense.

Conversely, liberals are always on the attack in all kinds of anti-gun legislation.  They have been doing their biddings State by State.

Where's that "pro-2nd team" that Trump put together?

And considering the NRA's stance I do not count on them either.   What happens with anyone that only plays defense?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:24:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
A few days after it was like Vegas never even happened.

That was weird.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That was weird.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was weird.
The narrative wasn't going the way the liberal MSM propaganda apparatus wanted.

Too many murky details about the shooter's background that might not have gone the way they thought.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just need something else to roll on the news cycles, perhaps a trump relative getting a wad of cash from Russia story.  At this point anything that the libs can scream about against trump would do.
View Quote
They don't have anything else for their news cycle.

CNN & such just got shown to be pawns of Russian meddling by supporting anti-Trump rallies that were manipulated to be more disruptive (apparently some pro-Trump rallies were as well).

They do have a bunch of high schoolers they can march in front of the TV and feed talking points to, and they don't show balance or point out that the FBI & Broward Co Sheriff are responsible for the failures that allowed the murders to happen.

This one is a bit different.  Not country music fans that CNN thinks deserve to die being killed, but teens CNN can manipulate.  Note the kid in an early story (last name Valdes or something like it) who said he wanted a CC permit as soon as he was old enough because he saw everyone was defenseless - is not getting interviewed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:31:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

honest answer?  because after sandy hook, the GOP was still in full resist mode, unwilling to compromise anything to obama.  since trump won, GOP RINOs have been openly caving to the left on a variety of issues.  and we're already seeing them "willing to open a dialogue" on the issue.

so yeah, there is real danger here.  go to 6:00...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ
View Quote
thank you for paying attention..
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:42:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We need to keep the pressure on the law makers. This one has gained traction that Sandy Hook didn’t. We can’t sleep on this one.

My wife who was supportive of our rights is now full of emotions and feelings as to how we need change. I never thought I’d be fighting her on gun rights.

The conversations in my house have gotten heated. My kids 13 and 11 are showing reason.

My son thinks we need to arm teachers. If not with guns at least with tasers.

My daughter has identified a problem not being discussed. She thinks schools are to big. The large size of many of our schools makes many kids feel disconnected from others. Smaller schools and classes could help nurture compassion and unity in local communities.
View Quote
I think your daughter made an incredibly insightful point. There does seem to be a push for mega size schools and classrooms these days. The individual students are getting lost in the equation.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Relax, Chicken Little..
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:49:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Any R that pushes any kind of gun control is finished.
Any D in a red state that pushes any kind of gun control is finished.

They're going to make some kind of token change to NCIC, that's all.
View Quote
Not in FL, a lot of the (R) in FL are RINO’s, they just chose R for the money. I know plenty of conservatives who hate guns, I mean literally HATE them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:03:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
100x this
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Your concern is noted. It will be added to the list of daily concern threads.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:04:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. It’s coming.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
OP is not wrong about the fervor thing. We need to be writing our congress animals.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#42]
For about a month, after every shooting, ARFcom turns into prissy effeminate stage actor. Drama, drama, drama, drama, drama, drama, drama, drama.

News flash, yes, eventually guns will be banned, not because of a shooting, but because immigration and low birth rates finally give Democrats a super majority.

Think about that every time some ARFcommer brags about getting a vasectomy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:11:57 AM EDT
[#43]
New York and California might make it illegal to look at photos of guns but nationally nothing is happening.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:12:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This. It’s coming.
View Quote
Winter is coming.  Lol what a bunch of defeatist in here.  Republicans control the government and the sky is falling.  What are you going to do when power reverts back to democrats?  Curl up in a ball?  If you have such fear then call your congress man or representative and tell them no more gun laws.  Donate to NRA or some other group.  Protest and make some noise.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That was weird.
View Quote
The church in Texas right after that. Completely forgotten by the public.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was weird.
Because those were all likely Trump supporters. There were leftist even celebrating this fact.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#48]
There's more energy on the left this time than there has been in a while.  Even here on ARF the concern trolls have been heavy, and some where deep sleepers.  When those get used someone is really trying to move a needle.  It doesn't help that a good chunk of the GOP is getting softer and have been willing to betray conservatives and American ideals just to give Trump a hard time.

A ban is coming eventually.  It has already come for people in many states.  Nationally, probably not with this president, but there will be an AWB in the future given how news, schools, music, etc. are all largely controlled by the new socialists. People need to be active in countering anti-rights rhetoric and movements wherever they appear, engage with their lawmakers to push that day out as far as possible.

If you're panic buying now though you're either a newbie or haven't been paying attention and taking advantage of salad days.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Go capitulate someplace else.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Follow the money. Bigger schools have more horsepower to grab more taxpayer dollars. The system is self-aware, and the best way to keep the system alive is to suck more money in.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top