Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/25/2021 2:18:46 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Woke up yesterday feeling like I got the shit kicked out of me. Head foggy, bit of a sore throat. Feel pretty good today but went in for a test and was positive so in quarantine now.

I'm 31, unvaccinated, BMI 26.4, non smoker, no underlying health issues, regular drinker.

I'm mostly just taking a swig of dayquil here or there to knock the edge off.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Drop the Dayquil.  Switch to gin and tonic.

HTH, and good luck.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck, gesundheit (good health in German) and God Bless.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Day 8 through 10 is when the bad stuff hits, if it hits.  

You most likely will be just fine though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

What are you basing the 8-10 comment on?
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of people I've talked to, cases I've read about and my personal experience.    Dr even told me what was going to happen when I tested postive.   I felt good the day I tested positive (day 3) and Dr told me day 8-10 were the days to worry about.  That is when the lung inflammation is the worst if it happens.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lots of people I've talked to, cases I've read about and my personal experience.    Dr even told me what was going to happen when I tested postive.   I felt good the day I tested positive (day 3) and Dr told me day 8-10 were the days to worry about.  That is when the lung inflammation is the worst if it happens.
View Quote

Interesting.  I will keep that in mind, thank you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By day 5 I could feel it in my chest.   Day 8 and 9 I wasn't sure if I was going to make it.  Day 10 I started getting a bit better.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#8]
With what you posted, if you feel like this at day 2 (possibly more), you have another day at most then you're in the clear.  You're in the same position that the majority of people are in.  Stay hydrated, eat some foods, and take some more day/nyquil.  Also, make sure you move around a little.

Welcome to the natural immunity club.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

By day 5 I could feel it in my chest.   Day 8 and 9 I wasn't sure if I was going to make it.  Day 10 I started getting a bit better.
View Quote

Somehow it never hit my chest.  

9 days of 102-103 fever

Headache for most of it and my eyes hurt but not a single chest issue and at no point did I think it was serious.

2-Tylenol and 3-Motrin every 4-6 hours and a lot of water.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you in a high risk category? I haven't had much going on respiratory wise.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

9 days of 102-103 fever

Headache for most of it and my eyes hurt but not a single chest issue and at no point did I think it was serious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 days of 102-103 fever

Were you vaccinated?   From my research the lung part of the infection is the only thing the RNA vaccine does,  block that specific spike protein.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

9 days of 102-103 fever

View Quote

My temp was 97.1 when I tested positive. Not sure what to make of that.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  I didn't qualify for the monoclonal.  I didn't start feeling any chest issues until day 4 or 5.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Were you vaccinated?   From my research the lung part of the infection is the only thing the RNA vaccine does,  block that specific spike protein.
View Quote

Nope, it was back in November 2020
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nope.  I didn't qualify for the monoclonal.  I didn't start feeling any chest issues until day 4 or 5.
View Quote

Well shit. Guess I'm not out of the woods yet.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Sleep sleep sleep.

i slept 16+ hours a day for a week.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just letting you know what is possible.  If you start to feel tightening or heaviness in the chest in the next couple of days, let the doctor know.  They gave me 3 inhalers and a cough pill.

You probably will be fine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are one of the lucky ones it doesn't hit bad.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Just letting you know what is possible.  If you start to feel tightening or heaviness in the chest in the next couple of days, let the doctor know.  They gave me 3 inhalers and a cough pill.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's 31 and healthy from his description.  His doctor isn't giving him shit, nor does he need to.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"one of"????

In the OP's age group, and mine (a bit older than OP), of slightly below average to good health,  it's every day/normal for it to not hit bad.  Out of well over 100 people, I know literally 1 person that ended up with pneumonia, but is now fine.  That was about a 2 week ordeal for him. Most of us were fine within a day or two.  I know another heavy drinker/diabetic otherwise healthy that felt like shit for nearly 2 weeks.  Again, everyone else, fine in a day or two (including myself).
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

"one of"????

In the OP's age group, and mine (a bit older than OP), of slightly below average to good health,  it's every day/normal for it to not hit bad.  Out of well over 100 people, I know literally 1 person that ended up with pneumonia, but is now fine.  That was about a 2 week ordeal for him. Most of us were fine within a day or two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"one of"????

In the OP's age group, and mine (a bit older than OP), of slightly below average to good health,  it's every day/normal for it to not hit bad.  Out of well over 100 people, I know literally 1 person that ended up with pneumonia, but is now fine.  That was about a 2 week ordeal for him. Most of us were fine within a day or two.

I really didn't mean most people get bad.  Worded it wrong.   But there are definitely some people that are young and healthy and it ends up ravaging them.  I'm middle age (52 when I got it) and was in pretty decent shape for that age and it messed me up.  I bounced back pretty quick though.  It has been a bit over a month and I'm actually in better shape now than before I got it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He's 31 and healthy from his description.  His doctor isn't giving him shit, nor does he need to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But if it gets worse, he probably should get "some shit" from his doctor.  He shouldn't panic, but he shouldn't ignore it either.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#23]
The onset of my covid was a migraine headache
that went from the left side of my head back to
the base of my neck, again left side only. Like
a wide stripe.

Then my nose literally leaked like a faucet, both
nostrils, simultaneously, for 3 or 4 days. Again, with
literally no lung nor head fullness/congestion.
It was a constant leak/flow.

After day 5 the fever came, I maxed out at 102.4
But I was proactive and used ice packs on my head,
chest, and the back of my neck. Replacing them every
2 hours or so.

Break that fever at all costs!

My fever lasted 3 days, but once tamed, it literally
faded away quickly.

The congestion that others have reported at the onset
of their covid experience, came much later for me, like
after day 10 or so. Lungs, forehead, wet cough, but it
dissipated after 3 days or so.

The worst symptoms, for me, (around day 6) were the
body aches. A painful stripe that went from the base of
my neck, along my spine, terminating at the small of my
back. Weirdly.. the left side only.

Then that fleeted away, replaced by an excruciating
pain in my lower back, laterally.
It was as though some one had hit me there with a 2x4.

I was one of the odd ones that experienced the repulsion
to chicken. I could not stand the taste of chicken for weeks.
That too faded away, thank God.

Stay hydrated, drink pedialite, eat soups, tame the fever,
and keep up the fight...!!!

Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

But if it gets worse, he probably should get "some shit" from his doctor.  He shouldn't panic, but he shouldn't ignore it either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Your original posts, I'm sure, gave OP way more concern than should be heeded.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I really didn't mean most people get bad.  Worded it wrong.   But there are definitely some people that are young and healthy and it ends up ravaging them.  I'm middle age (52 when I got it) and was in pretty decent shape for that age and it messed me up.  I bounced back pretty quick though.  It has been a bit over a month and I'm actually in better shape now than before I got it.
View Quote

I was 51, it just hits different for everyone. I am pretty healthy for an older dude though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#26]
I would get some zinc. D3 2000 a day. Vitamin C. Chewable 1000 mg.  Take a few a day if you can. This as a bear min. Alternate Tylenol and Ibuprofen for fever body aches.

I’m also taking Ivermectin and nac.

And you’ll still feel like crap. ????
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m hoping I can follow your lead then ! Day 10 today. Feeling a little improved.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm hoping I can follow your lead then ! Day 10 today. Feeling a little improved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm hoping I can follow your lead then ! Day 10 today. Feeling a little improved.
 Yea!
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is completely dependent on the individual. For me, the worst days were 2-4 from the first symptom. Then I was mostly fine.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That is completely dependent on the individual. For me, the worst days were 2-4 from the first symptom. Then I was mostly fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, said many times that it hits everyone differently and some it just hits hard.   Also notice I said "if it hits"
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Day 3. Feeling pretty decent. Bit of a headache and muscle soreness but that seems to be the common theme here for me. Got a good 8 hours of sleep in.

Easiest way to describe it is how you feel next morning after a night drinking and getting in a fight. Just sore all over, headache, foggy.  But 24/7. I am taking a pretty heavy dose of Zinc, D3 and Vitamin C every morning. My appetite hasn't changed so been eating normally.

No cough or phlegm today. Chest, lungs and throat feel probably 98%..there's a slight tickle in there.

I guess I'll be documenting my symptoms day by day for posterity. Thanks to all who have chimed in.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes, said many times that it hits everyone differently and some it just hits hard.   Also notice I said "if it hits"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got ya.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#33]
DayQuil and the like will mask symptoms and set you for a really bad time. I was taking NyQuil/DayQuil when I had a cold 20-25 years ago, when I finally went to the doc he said if I had waited another day I would have been in the ER....if I made it there at all. I had a severe case of pneumonia.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Has anyone here coughed up blood?  Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Wife has been symptomatic since Tuesday, tested pos on Wednesday. I had a slight cough Wednesday tested negative. I tested positive on Thursday using the 3 day test.

Both have had a slight cough, muscle aches, and tiredness. I had a fever of 101 one night.

Worst part so far has been loss of taste and smell. It’s just weird as shit to make coffee and not smell it. Can still taste sugar well and some apples I picked last week almost taste too sweet to eat.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn, this Covid stuff sounds horrible.  Too bad there isn’t a vaxx to prevent it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Damn, this Covid stuff sounds horrible.  Too bad there isn’t a vaxx to prevent it.
View Quote

Any way you could show me a vaccine that prevents covid?  I'd like to see this, because as of 09/26/2021, there isn't a single vaccine that prevents Covid.

And horrible?  The OP, by all definitions, has cold like symptoms to minor flu like symptoms.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've had the flu more than once that made covid look like a common cold. Still glad I didn't get the vaccine.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uh, the vaccine doesn’t prevent it.

Now go try to be edgy at an antifa party.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I would get some zinc. D3 2000 a day. Vitamin C. Chewable 1000 mg.  Take a few a day if you can. This as a bear min. Alternate Tylenol and Ibuprofen for fever body aches.

I’m also taking Ivermectin and nac.

And you’ll still feel like crap. ????
View Quote

Ibuprofen was the most effective against my headaches BUT there was data that showed that it can actually worsen COVID.

I quit taking it and stuck with the acetaminophen.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Ibuprofen was the most effective against my headaches BUT there was data that showed that it can actually worsen COVID.

I quit taking it and stuck with the acetaminophen.
View Quote

Glad you posted that..I couldn't remember which was which. I've mostly been taking acetaminophen.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:58:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unfortunately,  there's not one that prevents it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Day 4.

Symptoms mostly gone. Feeling for the most part normal again.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Day 4.

Symptoms mostly gone. Feeling for the most part normal again.
View Quote

That's how it was for me. After day 5 i was about back to normal other than the headaches. No loss of taste or smell, and no body aches. Two days of fever and really weak. Worse bouts with the flu. A LOT worse bouts. Welcome to the naturally immune club.

Save that positive test result if you plan on saying FU to the illegal mandate. It may come in handy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Too bad there isn’t a vaxx to prevent it.
View Quote

Still isn't.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's how it was for me. After day 5 i was about back to normal other than the headaches. No loss of taste or smell, and no body aches. Two days of fever and really weak. Worse bouts with the flu. A LOT worse bouts. Welcome to the naturally immune club.
View Quote

Well I just made lunch and my taste is largely gone. Wasn't that way last night. So hopefully that doesn't stick around.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Has anyone here coughed up blood?  Asking for a friend.
View Quote

Your friend needs to get their ass to the hospital.

Yes, covid has been associated with gi bleeds in rare cases.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well I just made lunch and my taste is largely gone. Wasn't that way last night. So hopefully that doesn't stick around.
View Quote

I guess i am one of the few that never lost my taste or smell. Ate like a champ the whole time too. Hydrate, VC, D3, Zinc and Severe Cold/Flu gel caps to fight the fever. Went outside as much as possible to breathe fresh air as well.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I guess i am one of the few that never lost my taste or smell. Ate like a champ the whole time too. Hydrate, VC, D3, Zinc and Severe Cold/Flu gel caps to fight the fever. Went outside as much as possible to breathe fresh air as well.
View Quote

Aside from the smell that mirrors me perfectly.  Been taking my dog for walks late at night getting fresh air.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Isn't low to mild (<102) fever actually beneficial to fighting off viral infection?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top