Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2020 7:59:58 PM EDT
So, is there a way to effectively combat screwed up grease guns post long term idle time?

Whatever I do, one of 2 things screws me up.

1) Leave the pressure on, and it oozes out of the base of the gun.
2) Remove pressure, and an air pocket seemingly develops and you have to work hard to get flow again.

Either way, you're getting slimy.  What is the prescribed method?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a Lincoln air grease gun. Everything gets greased once a year all in a week. Sits the rest of the year. Never had an issue losing prime
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#2]
So, is this a standard issue with spring/lever type guns?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Lube Shuttle
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Dewalt or Milwaukee battery grease gun for the win.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dewalt or Milwaukee battery grease gun for the win.
View Quote

This. I get a little run of “oil” out of my Milwaukee but I know it’s the cheap grease separating, and barely any over months

And get a lock and lube coupler
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:40:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the Dewalt 20v gease gun, it absolutely rocks. My buddy used it once and immediately bought one also.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the Dewalt 20v gease gun, it absolutely rocks. My buddy used it once and immediately bought one also.
View Quote

Damn that looks nice! But I grease maybe once a year so I don't think $200 would be worth it.  I just put up with the runny mess of a hand sprung grease gun
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Even once a year, it's worth it.

No more worn out hands/arms, no mess, primes itself, works with all my other 20v Dewalt stuff. I also have the mid size 3/8" 20v impact gun and a bunch of other 20v stuff.

It doesn't move around while trying to pump it, just lock on the fitting and pull the trigger.

Another friend asked me to help service a bobcat, was fast and easy. Even refilling the grease chamber is simple and fairly clean.

If you do ANY auto work yourself, it's worth having. You might even start lubing the chassis more than once a year.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got a Lincoln air grease gun. Everything gets greased once a year all in a week. Sits the rest of the year. Never had an issue losing prime
View Quote

Also have one, use it a few times a year, have to reprime it every time. Sucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top