User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2021 7:54:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Good on them!
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I was born and raised in Tennessee. My Masonic familial roots are in Tennessee.

I was married and raised in Illinois. My married families masonic  roots are in Illinois.

I can finally say that the one thing that I was ashamed of Tennessee about was this issue, and I am no longer ashamed.  

And, by the way, it was this forum and assistance of brothers here that started my journey along the path of Freemasonry.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I was Master of our Lodge in 2014/15. One evening we had a visiting Brother from Tennessee. While we were having supper he nudged his head towards one of our members and asked, “You let Prince Hall in?”

“He’s not Prince Hall. He’s my Senior Deacon.”

“You let ******* join and be officers?”

“Get out!”

I didn’t even let him finish his meal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was Master of our Lodge in 2014/15. One evening we had a visiting Brother from Tennessee. While we were having supper he nudged his head towards one of our members and asked, “You let Prince Hall in?”

“He’s not Prince Hall. He’s my Senior Deacon.”

“You let ******* join and be officers?”

“Get out!”

I didn’t even let him finish his meal.
View Quote

Somehow those kinds of ideas still exist here. I don't get it, don't know where it comes from, etc. With that said it's a minority of people I've heard say anything to that effect, something like 1 in 100, but those 1 in 100 sure are easy to hear and can make a seriously bad impression.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I am pretty sure Georgia does not recognize them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They do not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am pretty sure Georgia does not recognize them.

They do not.

I came here to ask this very question.  My Grand Jurisdiction here in SC also does not.  I was considering demitting to a Lodge across the state line.

Disappointed, to say the least.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#11]
The GL of GA will be voting on joint Amity/Recognition at the request of GA PH at the Annual Communication in October. The GL Committee on Recognition has recommended approval. This is the first time I am aware of that either jurisdiction has made a formal request. Hopefully we are getting closer.

Pardon brevity, typing on phone ??
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I came here to ask this very question.  My Grand Jurisdiction here in SC also does not.  I was considering demitting to a Lodge across the state line.

Disappointed, to say the least.
View Quote

We haven't had enough funerals in South Carolina to recognize PH.  If that imbecile Disher hadn't tried to personally destroy the state by closing the lodges, perhaps the Sweet and Sour Sicken would have killed off some of the old SOB's that need to go to let the Craft advance.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, it's both sides of the coin.

I originally petitioned a PHL while doing my year tour in Korea. They ignored my request to join several times, then a guy a few doors down in the NCO barracks came in, and we had a few beers. He straight up told me to stop asking because they weren't letting a white boy in.

Humans are gonna human. Good to see so many states recognizing PH lodges now.
View Quote

I know this is way late to the game but... I know of at least one PHA Lodge out East that has a white Master (who joined PHA in the Military since most of the Military Lodges seem to be PHA).

I also know several PHA Brothers who have told me they had to ask over and over and over again and were told no, more than once, and they kept asking before they finally got a petition, PHA seems to have a tradition of making candidates prove they "want it", much more so than "regular" (I hate that phrase but don't know how to differentiate between the two main GL's in a given State) Grand Lodges do in the US.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top