Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/22/2021 2:08:39 PM EDT
https://www.fox13news.com/news/desantis-orders-florida-national-guard-troops-to-return-home-from-dc

WASHINGTON - Gov. Ron DeSantis has ordered Florida National Guard members to return home from Washington, D.C.

DeSantis said he made the order Thursday night.

The Florida governor appeared on 'Fox and Friends' Friday morning, saying the Guard's continued presence after the inauguration was "a half-cocked mission at this point."

"They've served our country all around the world, they've served the state of Florida after natural disasters," DeSantis told the Fox News hosts. "They're soldiers, they're not Nancy Pelosi's servants."

About Damn Time!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Good!
If the government needs the military to stay in power they aren't much of a government. Term tinpot dictator comes to mind.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Good for him!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Too late.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if Chine-Joe has the balls to be a vindictive cunt and federalize FL's NG.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#6]
My governor.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My governor.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I am quite fond of our Governor~
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Did he order them there in the first place or were they federally activated? If they're on federal orders how can he order them back?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://www.fox13news.com/news/desantis-orders-florida-national-guard-troops-to-return-home-from-dc

WASHINGTON - Gov. Ron DeSantis has ordered Florida National Guard members to return home from Washington, D.C.

DeSantis said he made the order Thursday night.

The Florida governor appeared on 'Fox and Friends' Friday morning, saying the Guard's continued presence after the inauguration was "a half-cocked mission at this point."

"They've served our country all around the world, they've served the state of Florida after natural disasters," DeSantis told the Fox News hosts. "They're soldiers, they're not Nancy Pelosi's servants."

About Damn Time!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did he order them there in the first place or were they federally activated? If they're on federal orders how can he order them back?
View Quote

This is what I want to know.  I like DeSantis, however, If he sent them there in the first place, no care, too late...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Good job governor!  What a disgraceful use of our solders.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am quite fond of our Governor~
View Quote

He'd make a good president.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I love my Governor and Mat Gaetz!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Governor Abbot in Texas did the same and ordered the NG home.

Never should have sent them in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#16]
DeSantis 2024
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
DeSantis 2024
View Quote

One of the few people I will vote for at this point.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Good, but too late.  Should have never sent em
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

He was asked to send them , not ordered.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#20]
My man...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#21]
yes!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#22]
There are very few "Republicans" who would get me to vote for them in 2024, but as of now I would happily vote for Desantis.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I wonder if Chine-Joe has the balls to be a vindictive cunt and federalize FL's NG.
View Quote
they weren't title 10 already?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
they weren't title 10 already?
View Quote

Title 32 activation for 31 days, which should have brought up some chain of command questions about this whole "operation".
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In that case DeSantis should have never sent them up there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Did anyone really thought that there was going to be an attack ANYWHERE last week??  It was all a lie
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#27]
They should have refused to send them in the first place!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This is what I want to know.  I like DeSantis, however, If he sent them there in the first place, no care, too late...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I, to this date, haven't been able to get a straight answer as to WHO asked for the troops.   T$, pence, etc.....

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Override that order.    Biden is illegitimate.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#30]
The massive number of National Guard troops utilized (something like 26,000 to 27,000 from what I understand) was completely unnecessary, a gross overreaction, and I believe just silly immature political theater.  However, I personally think the longer they make D.C. look like some kind of "Green Zone", the better the optics for Republicans.  If ANTIFA and BLM are still carrying out riots in other cities, which they definitely are in Seattle and Portland, if this Spring BLM protests break out again in multiple cities, which I think is likely to happen since their demands have not been met yet I think the optics of a D.C. security zone in place while the rest of the nation is at the mercy of an angry mob of leftists would be devastating politically for the Democrats.  

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
DeSantis Trump 2024
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interstate Compact/Mutual Aid.  The theory is that, in a state of emergency, States can request Guard units (as well as LE and Public Safety assets) from other States, and said soldiers remain under Title 32 so they are able to be used for active security/law enforcement.  When troops are mobilized under Title 10 (or Title 50 for certain "special" capabilities), the are not permitted to engage in active security/law enforcement duties outside of their State of origin (and even that can get legally dicey under Title 10/Posse Comates).  Therefore, Governors (or the mayor, in the case of DC) can request ANG/ARNG Title 32 support from other jurisdictions.  This is why the first large force of National Guard into New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina was from Arkansas and Mississippi (the biggest LAARNG formation, the 256th EIB, was deployed to Iraq at the time).  Because of Florida's unique climate and terrain (where Blizzards and Earthquakes are the only types of natural disasters we are relatively immune from), Florida has Mutual Aid agreements with almost any jurisdiction crazy/stupid enough to sign one, since it is almost guaranteed that, over time, Florida will require much more mutual aid support than it will ever be required to provide.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Shame he had to send them in the first place
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the dog and pony show
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:08:57 PM EDT
[#35]
He doesn't get points for undoing something he should have never done in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Demonstrate a credible threat or let them all leave. Anything else is waste.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Not a wise decision to send them there in the first place. Then again our douchebag governor sent 175 troops to DC.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Interstate Compact/Mutual Aid.  The theory is that, in a state of emergency, States can request Guard units (as well as LE and Public Safety assets) from other States, and said soldiers remain under Title 32 so they are able to be used for active security/law enforcement.  When troops are mobilized under Title 10 (or Title 50 for certain "special" capabilities), the are not permitted to engage in active security/law enforcement duties outside of their State of origin (and even that can get legally dicey under Title 10/Posse Comates).  Therefore, Governors (or the mayor, in the case of DC) can request ANG/ARNG Title 32 support from other jurisdictions.  This is why the first large force of National Guard into New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina was from Arkansas and Mississippi (the biggest LAARNG formation, the 256th EIB, was deployed to Iraq at the time).  Because of Florida's unique climate and terrain (where Blizzards and Earthquakes are the only types of natural disasters we are relatively immune from), Florida has Mutual Aid agreements with almost any jurisdiction crazy/stupid enough to sign one, since it is almost guaranteed that, over time, Florida will require much more mutual aid support than it will ever be required to provide.
View Quote

Does the Title 32, they seem to be activated under, count towards active duty time regarding retirement dates and benefits in the NG system?
NG always fascinated me in how days broke down and counted towards retirement.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Florida, geographically, has the prefect shape to be broken off and shoved up someone's ass.  I am just saying.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#40]
HELENA - Gov. Greg Gianforte announced Friday he requested the returning home of Montana National Guard soldiers deployed for security assistance at the presidential inauguration in Washington D.C.

In a tweet, Gov. Gianforte wrote, "With their mission complete, I have instructed Adjutant General Hronek to bring our @GuardMontana soldiers home."
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Send the to portland, some antifa crap going on over there.  They are going after Dems now.  lol
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#42]
That's my governor and my governor > your governor.  Prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Send the to portland, some antifa crap going on over there.  They are going after Dems now.  lol
View Quote

Portland is a lost cause and not worthy of our troops time and sacrifice.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Florida, geographically, has the prefect shape to be broken off and shoved up someone's ass.  I am just saying.  
View Quote

I'd never really considered that.  hmmmm....
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#45]
do they need to get them back home in time to help start enforcing florida's 11 new gun restricting laws?

asking for a friend
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Wish the current TX gov had balls like that. He issued a strongly worded statement.  What a wuz.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Governor Abbot in Texas did the same and ordered the NG home.

Never should have sent them in the first place.
View Quote

This.  There was absolutely no need for 24,000 troops to protect the inauguration.  None. It was nothing more than a political photo op from the beginning to help push the dem narrative that republicans are dangerous insurgents and terrorists.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Too late.
View Quote

No joke. Why did they go in the first place?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

His handlers do .

gd
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Did anyone really thought that there was going to be an attack ANYWHERE last week??  It was all a lie
View Quote

I bet ~39% of the general public did.
Coincidentally, I bet that is the same number of real votes that were cast for Xiden.

Queen Nancy and incoming King Joseph did a great job of putting the fear of God into their loyalists.
There were going to be "white supremacists" behind every blade of grass and only the deployment of our brave, patriotic troops was what headed them off at the pass.

Of course the rest of us 61% have varying levels of skepticism.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top