User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2022 2:34:32 PM EDT
Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Brion McClanahan.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure how a podcast is defined, but I watch a lot of Simon Whistler on YT. He has like a dozen channels on various historic things.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Hardcore History by Dan Carlin

I just finished the Supernova In the East series...fantastic!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
History of Rome - Mike Duncan  (his first few episodes are kindof rough, but he gets better)
Revolutions - Mike Duncan

Tides of History - Patrick Wyman

Dan Carlin's is probably the most engaging.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#5]
oversimplified.  perfect for those of us GDenizen types.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Fall of Civilizations is good, but not too many episodes.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The Great War
The Outbreak of WWI - From Local Conflict to World War in 1914 I THE GREAT WAR Week 1

Week by week history of WW1
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Martyr Made with Daryl Cooper. Dan Carlin does good stuff but to stick to his pure history stuff. He’s a total leftist.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hardcore History by Dan Carlin

I just finished the Supernova In the East series...fantastic!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171820/HH-62-cover-ep1-1400px_jpg-2323631.JPG
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Another vote for hardcore history!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for hardcore history.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Bill Whittle’s “What We Saw” series on the space race and the Cold War are the most riveting history narratives I’ve ever listened to.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
oversimplified.  perfect for those of us GDenizen types.
View Quote

stoplikingwhatidontlike

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Simon
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Dan Carlin is great if you have a few minutes to spare.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#17]
The American Revolution Podcast.

Going through the most important war we ever fought in detail, starting with the French and Indian War.  He's 5 or 6 years in, and he's roughly to 1779.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Not really a "history" podcast, but Mike Rowe's The Way I Heard It has him telling short, original stories written by him that tell of well known figures from the past.  He cryptically drops clues throughout to leave the listener guessing who he's talking about and does a reveal at the end.  Each episode is typically less than 10 minutes.

Well, the first 175 episodes are in the aforementioned format, but the show turned into a much longer discussion based format toward the end of 2020.  They will often take one the the earlier stories he wrote and discuss it in detail, sometimes with a guest who can add somethin to the topic.

It's one of the first podcasts I ever got into and it's very good.
The 25 Million Dollar Kiss – The Way I Heard It Podcast (Ep. 1)
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Dan Carlin.  (Has to be at the tp of any list).
History of Rome
Revolutions (same guy who does History of Rome)
MartyrMade (starts off with a long series on the birth of Israel from multiple perspectives, Zionists, Palestinians, US, Brits.  
History on Fire (once you get past the ridiculous accent)
The Pirate History Podcast
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Not really a "history" podcast, but Mike Rowe's The Way I Heard It has him telling short, original stories written by him that tell of well known figures from the past.  He cryptically drops clues throughout to leave the listener guessing who he's talking about and does a reveal at the end.  Each episode is typically less than 10 minutes.

Well, the first 175 episodes are in the aforementioned format, but the show turned into a much longer discussion based format toward the end of 2020.  They will often take one the the earlier stories he wrote and discuss it in detail, sometimes with a guest who can add somethin to the topic.

It's one of the first podcasts I ever got into and it's very good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2xt6eGotC8
View Quote

Sounds like "The rest of the Story" by Paul harvey.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Brion McClanahan.
View Quote

This.  Brion is GREAT.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Dan Carlin is great if you have a few minutes to spare.
View Quote
He packs an hour of content into a six hour show.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I listen to…a lot of history podcasts.

Some of them have been mentioned already. I love British History Podcast and History of English, as well as a ton of other topic-specific podcasts. Do you have a particular area of interest?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Martyr Made with Daryl Cooper. Dan Carlin does good stuff but to stick to his pure history stuff. He’s a total leftist.
View Quote

I will second Martyrmaid… he also has a podcast with Jocko called the Unraveling that is a mix of history and current events.

I would agree that Dan Carlin is a leftist but I don’t find his history podcasts to be too bad compared to his more current events.  Darryl Cooper on the other hand… definitely not a leftist
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Some of them have been mentioned already. I love British History Podcast and History of English, as well as a ton of other topic-specific podcasts. Do you have a particular area of interest?
View Quote

United States history
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Our Fake History if you are looking for some not super serious, he goes over historical myths
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:29:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Texas History:

Wiseabouttexas.com
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#28]
The Civil War (1861-1865): A History Podcast

They just finished Gettysburg after devoting 65 episodes to just that battle.   Most battles have been 2 or 3 half hour or so episodes.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

United States history
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

United States history

A History of the US
History of North America
Ridiculous History (some episodes not applicable)
Stuff You Missed in History Class (some episodes not applicable)
The American History Podcast
The Bowery Boys (history of NYC)
The Other States of America
Ben Franklin’s World

There are a couple others that I listen to, but they have a strong feminist influence that is rather grating. Decent information, but you have to account for the inherent bias. Excellent for counterpoint and alternate perspective to inform/enhance your own, but limited by their bias.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top