Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2021 11:55:21 PM EDT
Did my BFR today and got a workout in the air and on the ground. Did some stuff I hadn't done in awhile and got the rust knocked off of airspace rules and knowledge.

Great day to fly- clear, winds 0104. Busy as hell in the pattern with 1 flight schools churning out automatons and an asshole cutting people off then bitching about the pattern they fly, it made it interesting.

So... how was your flying today?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Good for another 2 years also, but as an IA.  Fed now has us do it online cause they skeert of  being with people.......

Have not done a BFR in about 20 years.............wings clipped post heart attack and not going through the bullshit needed to get a medical again and do not qualify for the basic med as I have not had a medical since 1999 or 2000
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So... how was your flying today?
View Quote

When I saw two years I was thinking medical renewal.  

IFR training flight in gusty bumpy winds with 15 knots sustained crosswind component — no low approaches, my CFII made me work for it with a touch and go.  It was a good day.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

IFR training flight in gusty bumpy winds with 15 knots sustained crosswind component — no low approaches, my CFII made me work for it with a touch and go.  It was a good day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're supposed to do IFR training in gusty conditions. It's written in invisible ink in the PTS.

Quoted:
Good for another 2 years also, but as an IA.  Fed now has us do it online cause they skeert of  being with people.......

Have not done a BFR in about 20 years.............wings clipped post heart attack and not going through the bullshit needed to get a medical again and do not qualify for the basic med as I have not had a medical since 1999 or 2000

Serious question: What is the difference between a medical for IA and pilot? As I understand- maybe mistakenly- they're both second class.
Top Top