Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2024 7:59:24 PM EDT
Hello gents!  I’m currently using a 40 inch Sony tv to plays games (currently into DayZ), and it’s just too big when I’m trying to find other players camping in the woods or the hundreds of windows they could be in.

So it’s either I just suck (extremely possible), or it’s partly due to the monitor is just too big. I actually went down from a 60 inch Sony to the current 40 and it was a big improvement.

So I’d like a decent monitor, but I’m not into it that much where I want to drop a ton of money.

From some initial research I’ve seen some good reviews on the ViewSonic OMNI XG2431 24 Inch 1080p 0.5ms 240Hz Gaming Monitor.

Is this a solid buy at $280?  Is there something that performs similarly for less? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Dell

I don't know how set you are on 24" and 1080p but my son, stepdaughter and a few of my friends are running this monitor.  I wish they had been out when I bought my Asus.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:04:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MauserMark] [#2]
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MauserMark:
MSI monitors are great, I have a 27" 144Hz as my main, just bought my son a 27" 100Hz refresh rate model on Newegg for $100 to replace  his 24" 75Hz.

https://www.newegg.com/msi-pro-mp275-27-fhd/p/N82E16824475336?Item=N82E16824475336

However they make 240Hz monitors that I'd consider budget range, although I wouldn't consider a 240Hz gaming monitor a "budget" monitor.
View Quote

This looks great!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 2:19:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#4]
I have 2 MSI G27C5 monitors. They were $200 each in December of 2020. They also make 1440 models which is what I'd honestly get for anything over 24". pixels are little big IF you look for them. I don't when gaming. I didn't have the GPU power back them, but do now. I'll never not have curved monitors now. They are great for gaming and work though! Here is a newer version: https://us-store.msi.com/G27C5-E2?srsltid=AfmBOop_V37EmSAypllqZYeYsek8dlmuX1XZlxwN3Cp1tfk9lxafDAhjTF0
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
I have 2 MSI G27C5 monitors. They were $200 each in December of 2020. They also make 1440 models which is what I'd honestly get for anything over 24". pixels are little big IF you look for them. I don't when gaming. I didn't have the GPU power back them, but do now. I'll never not have curved monitors now. They are great for gaming and work though! Here is a newer version: https://us-store.msi.com/G27C5-E2?srsltid=AfmBOop_V37EmSAypllqZYeYsek8dlmuX1XZlxwN3Cp1tfk9lxafDAhjTF0
View Quote

I ended up getting this model on the flat version. I didn’t even think about the curved version. Oh well. I’ve had a flat monitor for this long, I’m sure not having one a while longer won’t mill me.

But I’ll make sure never to look at a curve one though so I don’t see what I’m missing lol.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

I use a 40 inch tv now. Way too big for me and how close I sit. That’s an awesome monitor though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:41:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#9]
Originally Posted By BoomFootShot:
I ended up getting this model on the flat version. I didn't even think about the curved version. Oh well. I've had a flat monitor for this long, I'm sure not having one a while longer won't mill me.

But I'll make sure never to look at a curve one though so I don't see what I'm missing lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BoomFootShot:
I ended up getting this model on the flat version. I didn't even think about the curved version. Oh well. I've had a flat monitor for this long, I'm sure not having one a while longer won't mill me.

But I'll make sure never to look at a curve one though so I don't see what I'm missing lol.

Nice!

Originally Posted By MauserMark:
Curve monitors don't work well if you're near sighted and wear glasses.

I've given one a try, and long-term usage then makes every flat panel TV/monitor looked curved in the opposite direction.

Meaning, my brain convinced me after a while the curved monitor I was using was actually flat and every other panel that was flat was inversely curved. Bizarre, so I returned it, this was after 2 days of use.

Oh dang. This has never crossed my mind as I don't wear glasses or contacts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top