Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/26/2021 11:01:59 AM EDT
My CCW is a Sig 365 that I normally carry in a CrossBreed IWB kidney.  It interferes with my swing so I have started carrying it in my front pocket when I’m golfing. It’s a bit weighty for a pocket gun but I am getting used to it. The course I play is an inner city municipal course in Houston so being unarmed is not an option.

What do you carry on the golf course?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't play golf.  But when I want light and unobtrusive, LCP.

ETA.  For me it's a LCP2 in 22lr. My hands are arthritic & I have muscle fatigue issues. Somedays I can shoot my P3AT, somedays I can't. So I go with what works for me all the time.   I shoot it very very well.  Ive taken squirrels @ 25yds.  It holds 11rds and is quite reliable.   I really wish Ruger would make one in 32acp.  I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My CCW is a Sig 365 that I normally carry in a CrossBreed IWB kidney.  It interferes with my swing so I have started carrying it in my front pocket when I’m golfing. It’s a bit weighty for a pocket gun but I am getting used to it. The course I play is an inner city municipal course in Houston so being unarmed is not an option.

View Quote

Don't blame you a bit and hell, you may run into OJ Simpson. Isn't he still combing the golf courses for the killer?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Carry a fancy pistol, duh.

A gold course is a waste of a perfectly good shooting range.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#4]
During the short time I played golf, I had a Keltec 380 in my front pocket, and a 1911 in my golf bag.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The only acceptable answer here is Browning 1919 in your golf bag.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Shotty in the golf bag
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Fuck a pistol, you should be carrying a long gun in your bag.  You can't even come close to hitting a
3 iron so get rid of that and you can't hit a fairway wood so you can also dump that.  Don't even
think about leaving your sand wedge out...as much as you are in traps.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck a pistol, you should be carrying a long gun in your bag.  You can't even come close to hitting a
3 iron so get rid of that and you can't hit a fairway wood so you can also dump that.  Don't even
think about leaving your sand wedge out...as much as you are in traps.
View Quote

The harsh truth
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or a kel tec p32 both will disappear in your pocket and weight will be no issue
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#11]
P365 is perfect for the course. If you have to carry, you might have other work to do to clean up the city.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Shotty in the golf bag
View Quote

Someone stole my bosses golf cart so he hopped in the other one and gave chase.  Off the course, through neighborhoods. Since they go the same speed it was ridiculous.  

The guy finally jumped off the cart and just ran away.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#13]
G19 in my bag. Although it is big enough to hold an M249 and a set of clubs.
<Al Czervik
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wish I kept the P32 I had.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#15]
M1 garand in the bag with an "06" sock on the stock.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#16]
AR pistol in the shoe pocket
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Shield9 but I just put it in a pocket holster in my golf bag.
Jimmy Clay/roy kizer is safer than inner Houston though.  
Say that reminds me, next week is time for my monthly round.  Haven't played much for 10+ years but ammo prices and lack of bball due to covid restrictions made me look for replacement hobbies.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Local doctor started self medicating back years ago.  He was on the course one day and missed a putt, pull a Desert Eagle 50AE out of his bag and shot the ball.  

Those that saw it said it was quite funny.

Small town "country club" with the emphasis on "country" so nobody really got too upset about it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

May as well duct tape rifle plates to your back and get some special ninja boots.  You already have the golf cart, yes?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#20]
I think the correct carry gun would be an AR with a 42mm grenade launcher. That way you could leave those stupid clubs at home and use a tool more adequately designed for sending something down range.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Carrying off person is a good way to get killed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Lol jeezus find a new course.

Sometimes it's ok to just enjoy life and not have to worry about packing. Playing golf should be one of those times.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wish I kept the P32 I had.
View Quote

I have owned two or three but somebody sees them and end up wanting it more than I do. I have two ten round mags I kept and will pick up another pistol eventually.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Smith and Wesson 340pd. Very light and packs a punch.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Caddy = gun bearer
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sometimes it's ok to just enjoy life and not have to worry about packing. Playing golf should be one of those times.

View Quote

I can walk to the course and it costs $15 for 18 holes for seniors.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#27]
I cant imagine swinging while armed. Most likely adds a couple strokes to your handicap.
Keep it in the bag or find a new course. You should only focus on one thing when golfing, your next shot...not being shot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#28]
.38 wadcutters are excellent pitching wedges
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Lol, we must play at similar courses sometimes.

I usually just have my snubby in my golf bag money pocket, as if they wanted to rob me I'd have to go there anyway to grab a wallet.

I'm usually more worried that they'll just snag the whole bag, wallet, keys and all when it's parked in front of the pro shop as I've seen that multiple times.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Why not have an ar stashed in your golf bag?  Bonus if you use a can cannon upper for par 5s
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Long pants with an ankle holster.   Baggy shirt with a shoulder holster.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Full size P320.  Never had an issue with it getting in the way except on the hole where you have to hit it into the clown’s mouth.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Long pants with an ankle holster.   Baggy shirt with a shoulder holster.
View Quote

Ankle holster is no good.  What if you have to wade into the lake to get your ball?  Seems like a recipe for rust.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Lever gun in the golf bag?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#35]
There once was a school custodian named Juan. Juan loved his job, and he always went above and beyond to make sure his school was in perfect shape. Everybody, the students, the teachers, the parents, they all loved Juan. Well after a while, a few parents approached Juan and said to him, "Juan, nobody cares about this school like you do. You've put in more effort here than anybody, and it's easy to see the results of your work. Have you ever thought about running for school board, so you could have the same impact on the whole district?" Juan thought about it for a minute, and he said to them, "I'm a simple man. I love my wife, I love my kids, and I love my dog. But if you think I could do a good job, if you really think I could make a difference, I'll do it." And with that, Juan launched his campaign. It wasn't much of a contest. The whole community knew Juan, and he won his election in a landslide.

And Juan brought his same love and dedication to the school board, and he did a great job. It wasn't long before he started getting noticed around the state. And eventually, some political consultants approached Juan and said to him, "Juan, you've done a great job on the school board. It's easy to see your passion for helping people and making your community a better place. Have you ever thought about running for governor, so you could have the same impact on the whole state?" Juan thought about it for a minute, and he said to them, "I'm a simple man. I love my wife, I love my kids, and I love my dog. But if you think I could do a good job, if you really think I could make a difference, I'll do it." And with that, Juan started running for governor. His campaign took more time and effort than the school board race, because he had to sell himself to the whole state. But anybody who saw Juan speak immediately realized that he was the real deal, and Juan was able to win his campaign.

Again, Juan brought his same love and dedication to the state house, and he did a great job. Juan had record-high approval ratings, and everything in his state was going great. Eventually, some of his advisors approached Juan and said, "Juan, you're one of the best governors this state has ever seen! You've really got a knack for politics. Have you ever thought about running for President, so you could have the same impact on the whole country?" Juan thought about it for a minute, and he said to them, "I'm a simple man. I love my wife, I love my kids, and I love my dog. But if you think I could do a good job, if you really think I could make a difference, I'll do it." And with that, Juan set his sights on the Oval Office. Juan's campaign was a tough one, as most presidential races are. But the American people were sick of the division and the animosity in American politics, and Juan's campaign slogan--"I'm a simple man. I love my wife, I love my kids, and I love my dog. If you think I could do a good job as President, please vote for me"--really resonated with the voters, and Juan won the election.

After a few months in the Oval Office, though, it started to become clear that Juan was in over his head. Juan was a simple man, and the stress and complexities of running the country were too much for him. The country started to go off the rails--unemployment was high, and both the economy and his approval ratings were tanking. The stress was getting to Juan. He wasn't sleeping. He was worrying constantly, because while he wasn't well-suited for the job, he still wanted to do a good job. Juan was in an impossible situation.

One day, Juan's wife came in the Oval Office and complained that Juan wasn't spending enough time with her and the kids and the dog. This, on top of all the stress he was already facing, was enough to break Juan, and he snapped. He reached into the drawer of the Resolute Desk, pulled out a gun, and shot his wife dead. The kids heard the commotion and came to see what was going on, and Juan shot his kids dead. The dog came in the room, and Juan shot the dog. As Juan looked around and surveyed the scene, he had a moment of clarity. He said, "Oh no! What have I done?" Juan knew that the Secret Service would be there any second, and he knew he had to get out.

He ran out of the Oval Office, down the hall, and out the doors of the White House. He ran through the gate, and into the National Mall. Juan knew he was extremely recognizable, so he figured he had to hide somewhere where he wouldn't be seen. He ran through the Mall until he got to the Potomac, and he started running along the banks of the Potomac until he came across a bridge. Under the bridge, the was a homeless man. Juan approached the homeless man, and said, "Excuse me sir, I'm in a bit of trouble. Would you mind if I sleep here for a bit, until some of the heat dies down?" The homeless man looked at Juan and said, "wait a minute, you're Juan. I just saw on the news that you shot your wife, you shot your kids, and you shot your dog, you sick son of a bitch!" And with that, the homeless man reached into his bag, pulled out a golf gun, and shot Juan in the face.

Now, you're probably asking yourself, "Self, what the hell is a golf gun?" And to be honest, I don't know either. But it sure put a hole in Juan.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is the truth, in so many cases....not just golf.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Usually whatever I happen to be carrying at 3 o'clock OWB covered by an untucked polo.

But I'm not that great of a player where it interferes with my golf swing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean, Mandrake would be feeding you the belt if it weren't for his gamy leg.

The string is gone. Gone and shot off.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#39]
I usually toss my G19 in the bag, probably switch that to RMR G45 this year. My biggest threat on the course is having to shoot a coyote that is going after some ones pet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The joke

your head.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Used to be a 43 on me and co2 pellet gun in the bag for tree rats.

Now it's sr22 and yhm mite.

Bev
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Belt fed mounted to the drink cart .

IEDs on the Canadian geese

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#43]
For on-person carry, I would think that a left ankle holster would be the right choice for a right-handed golfer.  And a PCC in the golf bag.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Belt fed mounted to the drink cart .

IEDs on the Canadian geese

View Quote

Plural is "Canada Geese". They aren't F'n citizens.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#45]
G43 and an AR with scope in oversized golf bag given the open nature of a golf course.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#46]
I feel sorry for those of you that feel you must have a firearm on you at all times. You need to work on your self confidence. You don't need a gun in the bathroom...you don't need a gun sitting at your dinner table...you don't need a gun when you go swimming. Some of you may live in true shitholes and feel the need to always be armed. You have my sympathy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#47]
S&W X-frame in the prison wallet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Next..hospital carry
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Took this shitty potato pic yesterday. Complete with finger!

What round for golf course kitteh?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Caddyshack 2 - 12-Gauge Golf Club and Laser Putter
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top