Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/15/2020 2:27:18 AM EDT
I’ve never really known ARF to really try to talk people out of a gun.

I have an MPA9 that I bought purely for fun. I have about 70 or so Uzi mags right now as well as an Uzi Full-size pistol and an 9mm AR that takes unmodded uzi mags.

I keep getting this nagging desire to have a Uzi micro. Maybe an Uzi pro. (I know the pro doesn’t take I missed Uzi mags. But I can have some of the mags I have cut for a mag release and thus use what I have.)

What say the hive?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:30:08 AM EDT
[#1]
If you can get it with Benjamins printed all over it like a Hipoint... absolutely yes.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:33:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure why not

(Its not my money so of course the answer is yes)
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:36:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:39:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember those.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:40:37 AM EDT
[#5]
https://noveske.com/instantsearch/result/?q=ghetto+blaster

Noveskes ghetto blaster is a 300blk.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://noveske.com/instantsearch/result/?q=ghetto+blaster

Noveskes ghetto blaster is a 300blk.
View Quote

Noveske died to me the day John died.

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:01:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I say get an UZI. But for that price you could get a CZ scorpion or for a few hundred more a turkish MP5K clone either of which is better in every way except mag compatibility with your supply.

But if you don't have an Uzi. Get one. They are better than Macs or Tec-9s, which are trash.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:02:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I say get an UZI.
View Quote

Always the right answer.........
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:04:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I was fingering a TEC-9 at the gunsmiths shop. I want it.

For no fucking reason other than Big Trouble in Little China
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Micro uzis are collectors items. If you've got the dough then do it. As for the uzi pro, I always thought it was just overpriced from the factory, for something relatively obsolete.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:10:12 AM EDT
[#11]
The JVC RC-M90 is the most iconic and sought-after ghetto blaster.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:37:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I say get an UZI. But for that price you could get a CZ scorpion or for a few hundred more a turkish MP5K clone either of which is better in every way except mag compatibility with your supply.

But if you don't have an Uzi. Get one. They are better than Macs or Tec-9s, which are trash.
View Quote

I'll put my M10 against any Uzi any day of the week.

Playing around.  Obviously, I'm not talking about a stock configuration, apples-to-apples comparison.  And not talking about semi-auto PCCs.

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#13]
... worst timing ever (ammo availability)
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you want one that takes Glock mags?

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Playing around.  Obviously, I'm not talking about a stock configuration, apples-to-apples comparison.  And not talking about semi-auto PCCs.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have seen some internet stuff that shows custom uppers on full auto M10s can be amazing.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:48:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Most, to include UZI's and even MP5s, are one trick pony SMGs.

I had thought of buying an UZI years ago, looked at MP5s and decided meh....

Take a look at MAC, in particular the M11 9mm and the Lage accessories. IMO it's the best bang for the buck and when Kamala does the Oz confiscation you're only out $10k instead of $20-45K.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Got a Tec-9 with the original barrel extension and flash hider. Original case and multiple mags too.

It looks about as badass as a gun can look. It shoots like a dog. Wildly inaccurate and prone to jam. I shot out the ceiling lights at a local range trying to hip fire it ala 90's movies.

Yet I would never sell it. It is perfect to make liberals heads explode.

Also have an MP5. This is another universe of shooting fun.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Gotta have the terrifying three they are iconic 80's movie guns and as mentioned make liberals heads explode just from the images of them.

That said i'd put my m10 with my lage 10/31 upper up against most other gun in a subgun match.

Just look at the stats most matches the mac series gun with a lage upper is in the top 4 winning spots.

Beating out those 30k mp5s and other subguns.

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I vote Uzi. I like mine!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#20]
My ghetto blaster:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Tec9. I had to have one. 1987, my first 9mm.  

Worst gun I’ve ever owned. Literally every other round was a FTF, FTE, or some other feeding issue.  Gun smith laughed when I brought it in.  

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Thats what I would get.

Guy I used to know had that. Full auto. Sometimes with that stock. Sometimes with the wooden stock.   Runnin that thing suppressed fulfilled my 80s childhood dreams.

Mac was fun too.  But Uzi for me
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Uzi's are cool, but are cooler if they have brrrrrrrrrt.

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:19:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Uzi.

They're all kinda useless unless FA.

Or at least a pistol length barrel and stock or pistol brace.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Is the member still here who years ago,made his own uzi suppressor, square to continue the lines of the gun? I always thought that was a cool build thread.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#27]

3D printer and wind chimes?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:45:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKP3AY4dXzo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you see a cheap Tec9 or derivative at a gun shop, such as $300 or less, buy it immediately. Especially with the ventilated barrel shroud. The parts kits for these guns have gone insane since the Ghetto Blaster receiver plans were released.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If you see a cheap Tec9 or derivative at a gun shop, such as $300 or less, buy it immediately. Especially with the ventilated barrel shroud. The parts kits for these guns have gone insane since the Ghetto Blaster receiver plans were released.

Kharn
View Quote

I haven't seen a TEC-9 for less than $600 in at least a decade, which makes me sad because I want one BADLY. I know it's a trash gun, but it's just so damned iconic and sexy.
ETA: I do already have an UZI, so there's that. But TEC-9 and MAC-10... I haz wants.

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Having all f the things mentioned in various forms the best overall semi I think is the Scorpion. The MP5 is over rated, mags are expensive and hard to accessorize.

My registered MAC laughs at your last statement though.
Attachment Attached File

The MP5 and Uzi are iconic and Uzi parts are everywhere and cheap but they are heavy for what they are.  

The Scorpion is easy to accessorize and mags are cheap. I know it doesn’t answer your original question but get one of those.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

I have 3 Joshie Woshie receivers on my workbench, with Pic rails bolted to the rear for side-folding action. I just need Tec parts to go in them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I love my SBR pro. It's ghetto fabulous

It's not the bestest sbr but it scratches an itch

Attachment Attached File

And her older brother

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dunno about that statement.....

Can you shoot .556 steel case out of an Uzi? Because a M11/9 with a Lage upper can

I wouldn't call it trash, cheaply made, simply engineered, reliable and fun to shoot? Yes
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I want a ghetto blaster. Hell I’d probably trade a g19 for one. They look fun.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#36]
tec-9 is actually really comfortable to shoot

the only downside is that you have to have oem mags - all aftermarket ones are garbage. frames tend to crack with high powered ammo too.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#37]

I am embarrassed to admit that I bought one as a teen and returned it because it wasn't "big" enough.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
Tec9. I had to have one. 1987, my first 9mm.  

Worst gun I’ve ever owned. Literally every other round was a FTF, FTE, or some other feeding issue.  Gun smith laughed when I brought it in.  

View Quote

Ammo isn't a problem.

I had a tec9 I got for a deal a l ok ng time ago. Many hours of tinkering with it to get it remotely reliable. Even then it had a very hard time getting through a magazine.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Have got my powder springs Mac-10 with matching manufacturer suppressor
Works good with factory ammo

I would’ve like to see Lage make a conversion with something other than some obscure and maybe rare magazine
I’d want it to shoot 5.56, not 9mm para or makarov

And I regret not getting something else back then too, belt fed in particular
And do want an uzi.  I don’t know why I didn’t try to buy one back then.   Maybe eventually rebuild something from parts
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOFL. Who actually shoots their guns?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#41]

I've been wanting a modern version of the '96 Mauser for years. Finally figured the Tec-9 was as close as I'd get, then I see this. What is it?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

i bought one years ago for this reason. after getting factory mags and polishing the shit out of the feed ramp it runs fine now
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#43]
The Tec9 is actually kind of fun to shoot, but almost none of them actually run.

A reliable version of this that has a pic rail up top and 1/2x28 muzzle threads could find a home in my collection.

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

And you get to walk around saying "You know what ol UH_SALT_RIFLE always says at a time like this?".
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#47]
I absolutely would love an Uzi.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I absolutely would love an Uzi.
View Quote
Every time I want one, there are no kit builds currently on the market, and every time there are kit builds on the market, I don't have the money.  Someone's got a fully built reciever (sans barrel and bolt) on GB right now starting bid $800 and I'm thinkin' bout it...
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And you get to walk around saying "You know what ol UH_SALT_RIFLE always says at a time like this?".
View Quote

Damn it. I held one YESTERDAY for $575

I may go get it
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top