BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. All this hysteria over a bunch of made of drama that can’t legally happen anyways. “Oh Noes I don’t want muh childrun dying for Ukraine globohomo biolabs! But what about muh fentynal killing 5 million Americans a month! Shopping sprees!” It’s not happening unless russia rolls troops in to Poland at a minimum. There’s no secret way to make Ukraine a member of nato and then attack russia for attacking a new nato member. Ain’t happening
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank Christ.

Shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. All this hysteria over a bunch of made of drama that can’t legally happen anyways. “Oh Noes I don’t want muh childrun dying for Ukraine globohomo biolabs! But what about muh fentynal killing 5 million Americans a month! Shopping sprees!” It’s not happening unless russia rolls troops in to Poland at a minimum. There’s no secret way to make Ukraine a member of nato and then attack russia for attacking a new nato member. Ain’t happening

You seem emotionally invested.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

At least I’m not thanking Christ over something which wasn’t legally possible or realistic in any political scenario. A nothingburger
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ukraine cannot currently join NATO.
View Quote

You act as though the rule of law and the integrity of official documents still exist in 2023.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You act as though the rule of law and the integrity of official documents still exist in 2023.

View Quote

You know, IF that happens, you can sit there and say “I told you so.” But until then, I’m going to sit here not concerned about it. Because NATO follows the US. And Biden is the one guy who was too pussy to vote yes on sending Seal team 6 to kill Bin Laden
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You know, IF that happens, you can sit there and say “I told you so.” But until then, I’m going to sit here not concerned about it. Because NATO follows the US. And Biden is the one guy who was too pussy to vote yes on sending Seal team 6 to kill Bin Laden
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You say you that as if you think Biden is actually calling the shots here.  lol

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What is your prediction?

I will bet you a pistol brace that Ukraine will not be a NATO member within the next five years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is your prediction?

I will bet you a pistol brace that Ukraine will not be a NATO member within the next five years.

Whatever triggers Russia the most to expand or escalate the war.  That’s the general direction the west is currently steering things.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm just glad you ain't dead. Retired yet?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’m amazed that people are so oblivious to the fact that Ukraine isn’t at all eligible for NATO membership, and hasn’t been for more than a decade.

To be THAT ill-informed, and also THAT vocal about an issue…
View Quote

Yeah, because our Intelligensia are COMPLETELY invested in the rules and why we follow them. Completely, as in to the T.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#12]
More concise clip...

Henry Kissinger believes Ukrainian NATO membership would be "appropriate."
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#14]
…..
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We’re talking about NATO membership.

What’s your prediction?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is your prediction?

Whatever triggers Russia the most to expand or escalate the war.  That’s the general direction the west is currently steering things.

What’s your prediction?

For all intents and purposes, they pretty much already are without “officially”crossing the line to all out WWIII.  Either way, I think WWIII will switch from covert to overt sometime this year with whatever outcome that makes it appear as if it was Russia who escalated things.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The fact that they ARE ineligible, has not stopped Stoltenburg and others from talking about them joining as if it’s a possibility.   So you cannot fault people that perhaps don’t understand the details for taking what’s said by high level politicians at various points.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are YOU predicting that Ukraine will join NATO within the next five years?

The fact that they ARE ineligible, has not stopped Stoltenburg and others from talking about them joining as if it’s a possibility.   So you cannot fault people that perhaps don’t understand the details for taking what’s said by high level politicians at various points.

Why would Kissinger say he was against it at one point and today, say he’s for it now if it wasn’t possible then and possible now?

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why would Kissinger say he was against it at one point and today, say he’s for it now if it wasn’t possible then and possible now?

View Quote

Because he’s a 99 year old geriatric dementia ridden snakey fuck just like he was back during Vietnam
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:33:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

For all intents and purposes, they pretty much already are without “officially”crossing the line to all out WWIII.  Either way, I think WWIII will switch from covert to overt sometime this year with whatever outcome that makes it appear as if it was Russia who escalated things.

View Quote

What is covert about the assistance being given to Ukraine? Surely you aren’t suggesting that NATO covertly has boots on the ground fighting inside UA. If Russia has THAT big of a problem with one of their enemies being gifted large amounts of weapons and trucks and other supplies via lend lease, they’re awfully hypocritical since they were once the beneficiaries of the same thing. And then turned around and sent US pow’s to Siberia, and during Korea and Vietnam “not so covertly” flew planes and killed US servicemen
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ukraine has been ineligible since 2013.
View Quote

This. And, I don't think Germany, even after Russia is kicked out of Ukraine, would vote for Ukraine membership in NATO. France my not either. But I would bet money Germany would veto it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I am all for Europe, carrying out their centuries-old traditions of killing each other.

Without American help. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#22]
…..
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What’s your prediction?
View Quote

My prediction is Ukraine will certainly not be part of NATO in the next 5 years. (At least not as the geographic entity we know think of as Ukraine.)

Look for the collapse of the Kievan Government and a military coup that ousts Zelensky in the next 6 weeks.

A partitioned strip of Rump Ukriane along the Polish border with Lviv as it's capital is about the best the NAFO Dog's can hope for at this point.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My prediction is Ukraine will certainly not be part of NATO in the next 5 years. (At least not as the geographic entity we know think of as Ukraine.)

Look for the collapse of the Kievan Government and a military coup that ousts Zelensky in the next 6 weeks.

A partitioned strip of Rump Ukriane along the Polish border with Lviv as it's capital is about the best the NAFO Dog's can hope for at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What’s your prediction?

Quoted so I can laugh again on the first of March.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is this your first ever post on AR15.com that didn’t include something about globohomo, gayfags, LGTPIAHPQ++ homo gays?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What is covert about the assistance being given to Ukraine? Surely you aren’t suggesting that NATO covertly has boots on the ground fighting inside UA. If Russia has THAT big of a problem with one of their enemies being gifted large amounts of weapons and trucks and other supplies via lend lease, they’re awfully hypocritical since they were once the beneficiaries of the same thing. And then turned around and sent US pow’s to Siberia, and during Korea and Vietnam “not so covertly” flew planes and killed US servicemen
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

101st along Romania/Ukraine border
Numerous gas pipelines blowing up
Numerous air traffic control problems in US/North America and even UK
Numerous power transformer attacks in the US

Sounds like covert WWIII in full swing on both sides to me.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 101st at a NATO country not firing shots in anger is evidence of a covert WWIII?  
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

OMG the sky is falling. Send your kids to be raped by Russian conscripts.

Ukraine can’t legally join Nato while they’re at war. The war would have to end. Which would negate sending your kids to get raped by Russian conscripts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NATO=even more US treasure and lives.

Quick, everybody sign your kids up with unkie sam to fight the russkies while europe sits back and laughs their collective asses off.

OMG the sky is falling. Send your kids to be raped by Russian conscripts.

Ukraine can’t legally join Nato while they’re at war. The war would have to end. Which would negate sending your kids to get raped by Russian conscripts.

Same tired shit that gets repeated over and over here.

Not muh kids!

Fix the border first!

Fortunately not everyone lives in a black and white utopian fantasy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is this your first ever post on AR15.com that didn’t include something about globohomo, gayfags, LGTPIAHPQ++ homo gays?
View Quote

Globohomo, gayfags, and homo gays, all in one post?

God I love Arfcom.

No homo.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Are YOU predicting that Ukraine will join NATO within the next five years?
View Quote

I'd say that someone like Kissinger pushing this publicly is an effort to push the Overton Window towards security guarantees on the level of Article 5 for Ukraine likely backed by the US.

Like the rest of this, its a half baked policy that has had no real public debate on costs and benefits, just a demand of the same people who brought us the last 25 years of foreign policy misadventure to trust them one more time, as we bring on a potential economy and security drain many times the size of the Israeli one.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Can’t anyone provide a straightforward answer?

You guys sound like a Karine Jean-Pierre press conference.

View Quote

Who are you to demand nuance in this?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did slip “rump” in there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm sure none of the people who think this will happen are going to eat humble pie when it doesn't. We'll continue to hear about "next forever wars" and hear idiots compare Ukrainians to the taliban. Just like Tucker said "we are at war", all the concern over US troops in Poland dragging us into a war with Russia, etc. etc. etc.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What is your prediction?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is your prediction?

So you anticipate this dragging on for no less than 5 more years? Not surprising.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#39]
No FS, yet?  Figured he'd be in here screaming for joy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The 101st at a NATO country not firing shots in anger is evidence of a covert WWIII?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are they doing there, then?  Observing?

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Headquarters, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) and the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, will support the U.S. Army V Corps' mission to reinforce NATO’s eastern flank and engage in multinational exercises with partners across the European continent in order to reassure allies and deter further Russian aggression.

What, specifically, do you believe they are doing that is WWIII?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:49:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Headquarters, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) and the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, will support the U.S. Army V Corps' mission to reinforce NATO’s eastern flank and engage in multinational exercises with partners across the European continent in order to reassure allies and deter further Russian aggression.

NATO, you say?  Thanks for making my point.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:51:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Can't join NATO with active conflicts.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what are they actually doing in the covert WWIII?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I learned the hard way to monitor whether theater commanders authorize and get approval for pay. You could be in Egypt doing Bright Star or MFO and get 0 or be in Egypt under a named operation and get $225 https://www.dfas.mil/militarymembers/payentitlements/Pay-Tables/IDP-Areas/
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So you anticipate this dragging on for no less than 5 more years? Not surprising.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is your prediction?

It's been going on for near 10 years already. Ukraine wanting to be part of NATO.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most of the names operations have public available info because everything has to ultimately get paid for by Congress, so everything has to be justified and signed off up thru CoC just like when the Obama White House micromanaged down to tactical operations. I got pulled to the side by a Brigade staff Major who explained to me to ‘follow the money’. Besides knowing how to do Op orders you also gotta know how to submit awards, show private snuffy how to read an LES, wrote OERs or NCOERs. Even down at platoon and company level admin is an integral headache. I’ve done my share dealing with 1SG, XO and Supply Sergeants                
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, If I knew, it would no longer be covert, now would it?

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I learned the hard way to monitor whether theater commanders authorize and get approval for pay. You could be in Egypt doing Bright Star or MFO and get 0 or be in Egypt under a named operation and get $225 https://www.dfas.mil/militarymembers/payentitlements/Pay-Tables/IDP-Areas/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, they are danger close to draw NATO into the conflict in case of a NATO casualty?

If a missile can go astray into Poland, then they are sure as hell in harm’s way.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:13:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So, they are danger close to draw NATO into the conflict in case of a NATO casualty?

If a missile can go astray into Poland, then they are sure as hell in harm’s way.
View Quote

Not getting paid for that so as far as DOD is concerned nope. Guys in Korea got fucked over far worse, I posted that info about Korea in another thread. What you’re thinking of is what my  Assistant Operations and Intelligence Sergeant on ODA 912 did back in the 80s this being an example from 7th group https://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/104527
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top