Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Intersectionality as a system becomes incredibly hierarchical.

Ironically it becomes the colored and queer version of The Nuremberg laws.
View Quote
The South Park episode of 'Death Camp of Tolerance' is almost prophetic.

Link Posted: 2/17/2019 11:26:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not good enough for today's SJWs.

BTW, the Caine/Martin Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is so good, so funny, and so witty, anyone who hasn't seen it is missing out on truly great comedy. It's on another level entirely.
View Quote
The dinner scene with Steve Martin holding the fork with the cork on the end of it is hilarious
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I unapologetically enjoy the MCU.  I grew up reading Marvel comics and really love me going to the movies with m kids who have grown up with them since Iron Man.

I like SLJ as Fury, a younger version that likes kittiies will be a hoot.

Yes, Brie Larson has no ass and seems to act pretty wooden.   Girl Power, muh....

Happy the Skrulls are making a more formal appearance in the MCU.   Hopefully this will also be a Segway to a proper MCU FANTASTIC FOUR.   A SECRET INVASION storyline with the skrulls could be pretty bad-ass.   Just need a good Spider-Woman now.

That short clip with Annet Benning reeks of Hillary Clinton fantasy.   Too bad their girl lost.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The dinner scene with Steve Martin holding the fork with the cork on the end of it is hilarious
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So far as I know the "press tour shall not be too white nor male" nonsense is just Larson and not something Marvel is promoting. They're pretty shrewd marketers and I doubt they'd say anything that would hurt ticket sales.

I'll point out that the hype over Black Panther came from everyone but Marvel.
View Quote
When someone involved with your production says something in public that reflects on the production, and your studio does not refute it, you are seen as passively approving it.

The same thing happened with Black Panther when the director and some of the cast gushed to the press about the "all black" movie and how it was such a great leap forward for black filmmakers.

The problem is that even if it wanted to Disney can't say boo. The stars and people in the production can go on and on to their hearts content to the press, and so long as it isn't James Gunn level baby rape jokes nobody will refute any of it... because that would open an even larger bag of PC worms. They are kind of strapped into the plane and every time one of the stars or directors opens their mouth and says something, the studio has to find a way to hang on through the turbulence.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll watch it when it's free on Netflix/Prime.
View Quote
None of the Marvel movies will be on Netflix anymore after the next one or two.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think I've seen all the MCU movies in theater except one. I would have seen this in theater but Captain Marvel said it wasn't meant for me. I'll watch it when it hits Netflix.
View Quote
Captain Marvel will be the first Marvel movie not on Netflix. Agreement with Disney has ended. Future films will be on new Disney streaming service.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Good.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

http://sciencefiction.com/2018/08/14/marvel-seeking-butt-double-one-avengers/
I guess not everyone can be built like J-Lo.  It appears that Marvel Studios is hiring an unexpected sort of double for one of its Avengers.  While obviously, Chris Evans and company employ stunt doubles for some of their riskier acts of daring, a new posting from Central Casting, based out of Georgia, is looking for a “Body/Butt Double” for a Marvel project.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#10]
1. She's not that good looking.
2. She doesn't have a particularly great body
3. What she does have is covered by one of the stupidest looking suits in superhero history.

Wanna see how a fully body suit female super hero should look? See ScarJo's Black Widow. Even better ditch the full body suit and go with Linda Carter's Wonder Woman. Tits, ass and long legs will bring a lot of young guys to the theater, something Hollywood seems to have forgotten.

And then she goes out of her way to diss white men, the bulk of her target audience? Not only won't there be 7 movies with her as the lead, I doubt they'll be a second.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Margot Robbie could pull that off
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
CANX this one.

Time for a Power Girl movie done right.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/6/66/95e0b60f991a0fd741fae881328fdc3e.png/revision/latest?cb=20160814162643

I can just imagine the Reee from the reveal of the original costume.
Margot Robbie could pull that off
Alright!!
now add in some tasteful nudity and we have a movie
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just wait, you haven't even seen the remake of a "dirty rotten Scoundrels" with female leads yet..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNQnXGC9pY
View Quote
They just can't help destroying great movies

Great movie that never got the respect it deserved
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You'd think someone in a position of power would be like, "Hey, let's maybe not crater the most lucrative movie franchise of all time to virtue signal."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can these fucking people not realize that you can be an advocate for women (or whichever group) without alienating every other gender/color/whatever on the planet? It's not that hard.
But then they can't virtue signal how amazing their group is and how crappy white males are.
You'd think someone in a position of power would be like, "Hey, let's maybe not crater the most lucrative movie franchise of all time to virtue signal."
The people making the decision have a vested interest in propping up the leftist cause, they don't give a shit about bombing some movies.

The entire point of the Dem party is unchecked power without consequences for the leadership and their cronies.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Not surprised at all.  I have no desire to see it, and none of my wife or kids has expressed any desire to see it.

If we do ever watch it will be on a DVD that we bought at the Wal Mart bargain box.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#15]
doubletap
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Intersectionality as a system becomes incredibly hierarchical.

Ironically it becomes the colored and queer version of The Nuremberg laws.
View Quote
IMO, the hierarchy of intersectionality can be traced back to an idea articulated by franz fanon (regarded by some as the father of liberation theology), in his book 'the wretched of the earth':

"the minimum condition is that the last shall be first."
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The best part of Black Panther was it mainstreaming ethno nationalism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

edit I don't think woman are as willing to go to a chick action movie because there are chicks, so it doesn't have the same niche appeal as Black Panther (which wasn't that bad no matter how butthurt GD was "it'll flop!" "ohmigod Black people with technology! I can't fathom that, sure a white guy who can climb walls or fly, but not black people with the same crap Tony Stark has")
The best part of Black Panther was it mainstreaming ethno nationalism.
Yep, and it was unintentionally honest about modern Africa:  a wealthy, elitist African royal family that treats outsiders and neighbors like crap and keeps all its goodies for itself.

That's Africa, in a nutshell.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So if they're switching the sexes for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, does that mean a guy will win in the end and trick the women?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wait, you haven't even seen the remake of a "dirty rotten Scoundrels" with female leads yet..

So if they're switching the sexes for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, does that mean a guy will win in the end and trick the women?
No, in the final scene it will be a lesbian who takes both women by the arms and says something like "Let's go destroy the patriarchy, sisters!"
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:46:53 PM EDT
[#19]
It's not because it's full of females it's because it lacks talent and plot.

Heartbreakers was like a girly version of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and it was hilarious because it had talent and a funny script (Gene Hackman, the scene where they knock the dick off the statue etc). All of these SJW shows/movies lack talent and script which is why they suck.

Quoted:

View Quote
"Oh Lord this is the happiest day of my life! I think my testicles are finally dropping!"
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No, in the final scene it will be a lesbian who takes both women by the arms and says something like "Let's go destroy the patriarchy, sisters!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It probably will be all women. Can't have a man get the better of strong women. Unless the he is black or a tranny.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#21]
When the hubbub around the movie hits I will just review her nudes on the internet in a very sexist way...
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
WHY!!!!

The original already had a female that bested both of them...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wait, you haven’t even seen the remake of a “dirty rotten Scoundrels” with female leads yet..

WHY!!!!

The original already had a female that bested both of them...
Exactly. Too stupid to even get the movie.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll just watch John Wick 3 twice.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#24]
surprisedpikachu.jpg
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Disney, Feige and Marvel Studios could be banking on having a zombie audience that will simply go see all their movies no matter what is said or how bad they are............
View Quote
Not to worry.

No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.
H.L. Mencken
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Happy the Skrulls are making a more formal appearance in the MCU.   Hopefully this will also be a Segway to a proper MCU FANTASTIC FOUR.  
View Quote
smdh...

Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#27]
comic book movies for anyone over the age of 14 is fucking pathetic.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:17:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Disney, Feige and Marvel Studios could be banking on having a zombie audience that will simply go see all their movies no matter what is said or how bad they are............
View Quote
I guess they didn’t see what happened to Solo, or that massive drop in ticket sales for TLJ after opening weekend.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#29]
No ass, no brain. I hope she ends up living on the street in LA ten years from now. She is a vile bitch.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
comic book movies for anyone over the age of 14 is fucking pathetic.
View Quote
They are classic tales of heroism. Where are boys gonna get that, now that BSA is dying?
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They are classic tales of heroism. Where are boys gonna get that, now that BSA is dying?
View Quote
And without Black Panther how else would we know that isolationism isn't a bad thing?

Edit: Spelling
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Any without Black Panther how else would we know that isolationism isn't a bad thing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any without Black Panther how else would we know that isolationism isn't a bad thing?
Not to mention Wakanda's immigration policy was to build the biggest, baddest, highest-tech wall possible, and then not let anyone else in.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Article says Brie Larson signed a 7-film contract with Marvel.

So her SJW bullshit has singlehandedly cut opening weekend projections from $180m to $100m.

If she does not shut her mouth with her SJW bullshit, she will kill the entire MCU money machine.

At this point, my family and I are done with Marvel after Endgame.
View Quote
Same here, with Iron Man and Capt.  America contracts ending I'm out after Endgame.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
war movies.

There are plenty out there.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I worried after that SJW crapfest that was Black Panther came out that this was gonna be more of the same.

The MCU may well be dead soon.
View Quote
If God is merciful
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
3. What she does have is covered by one of the stupidest looking suits in superhero history.

Wanna see how a fully body suit female super hero should look? See ScarJo's Black Widow. Even better ditch the full body suit and go with Linda Carter's Wonder Woman. Tits, ass and long legs will bring a lot of young guys to the theater, something Hollywood seems to have forgotten.

And then she goes out of her way to diss white men, the bulk of her target audience? Not only won't there be 7 movies with her as the lead, I doubt they'll be a second.
View Quote
Is Brie Larson the chick in 'Kong: Skull Island'?

I tried watching that film but it stunk on several different levels. Her wooden acting certainly didn't help.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#39]
She has a pretty bad case of Nassatol. Maybe even stage 4.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It bombed with test audiences and now this is Disney’s attempt at wagging the dog.
View Quote
I've heard that theory about the new ghostbusters, too.

They knew they made a piece of shit... so they intentionally played up "mysoginists!" as an excuse for shitty sales.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Shouldn't have attached a SJW message to it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#42]
I still don't understand how a male alien inhabiting basically a dead chicks body is a blow for girl power. If her superness is a result of the male alien in her, isn't that male power denying her the sovereignty of her own body and choice and stuff?
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I remember reading Ryan Reynolds walked off the final day of shooting wearing his Deadpool suit, and still has it.

Even rumors of him going to Comicon and trolling people wearing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven’t checked up on the manufacturer of the suit but Vanson would be pricey. They have to have multiples of the same suit on set. Stars are famous for trying to steal wardrobe after filming ends. Some famous hats and wigs have gone missing and made it into the gossip rags. I think it’s gotten harder to get away with recently though, I say this as someone who’s looked into acquiring some of the Blade Runner 2049 stuff
I remember reading Ryan Reynolds walked off the final day of shooting wearing his Deadpool suit, and still has it.

Even rumors of him going to Comicon and trolling people wearing it.
that would be pretty funny if it was the duct taped suit from the last movie.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I found the first ant man awful. I fell asleep during it. The second one i hven't seen yet but i know i have to becasue it'll be important to the next movies.
View Quote
I thought the first Ant-Man was excellent. The 2nd is kind of hohum. But they brought back Michelle Pfieffier and it helped a bit. She's still hot.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

http://sciencefiction.com/2018/08/14/marvel-seeking-butt-double-one-avengers/
I guess not everyone can be built like J-Lo.  It appears that Marvel Studios is hiring an unexpected sort of double for one of its Avengers.  While obviously, Chris Evans and company employ stunt doubles for some of their riskier acts of daring, a new posting from Central Casting, based out of Georgia, is looking for a “Body/Butt Double” for a Marvel project.
They could have cut those costs out of the budget by casting Margot Robbie as Captain Marvel
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Won't touch the movie
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I tried watching that film but it stunk on several different levels. Her wooden acting certainly didn't help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that was her in "Kong: Dull Island"
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#48]
I have zero interest in this and I'm a huge MCU fan.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A 40% drop in expected open...

https://cosmicbook.news/captain-marvel-trouble?amp

Guess when you don’t want white males to watch it....
Not just white males https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/8AD3B891-65B1-424A-AD05-953C20DB7C1A_jpeg-848351.JPG
From the look of those soles, she must be short.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
war movies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

war movies.

This. Saving Private Ryan is a great one.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top