Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
That's odd .... I always enjoy rolling down the windows when I fly Delta.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I would've killed that dog with my bare hands after it bit me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#3]
This shit has gone past ridiculous
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder how many emotioal support dogs that owner's going to need once the civil suit against him is over.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#5]
That's going to be expensive.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#6]
What breed of dog?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder how many emotioal support dogs that owner's going to need once the civil suit against him is over.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]
What breed?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#9]
This is why I continue to check in on this website every few days.. The ongoing draining of hope for humanity is getting closer to drain.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What breed?
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
and this
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
and this too
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, that explains the article about Delta's policy change.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, it has.  There's way too many selfish dog owners that don't give a damn about anyone else.  Here's a pic of a large dog that looked like a German Shepard that was on a flight I had in July:

I boarded just after first class because of my age, but it was already on the plane on the very front row.  Because it was on the front row and the owner couldn't get it to sit, it was a hassle for everyone boarding.  After a flight attendant got forceful with its leash to try to keep it from blocking people boarding, the dog started snapping at people.  It damaged clothing, but I don't think it drew blood fortunately.  We were about ten minutes late taking off because of the delay in boarding and a couple of people that were afraid to try to board with a dog growing and barking at them.  I wish the airlines would start doing something about dogs.z
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#15]
In flight none of the doors can be opened either.

The plane's interior is pressurized well above the exterior unless the plane is less than about 8,000 ft.

Aircraft doors are designed to be on the inside of the locking points.
This means the interior air pressure is forcing the door closed.

You are NOT going to overcome that loading.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Emotional support dogs are bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I rost.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
exactly. Take a damn xanax and get on the plane.

couple years ago some liberal twat dragged a giant ass dog on the plane as a support animal and pretty much jammed up an entire row of seats and most of the isle.  And the dog smelled like ass.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
and this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and this
Find who has the biggest wallet and Follow the money.

You'll note that the article is inquiring mostly about Delta policies and not the owner, his experience and dogs certifications. Dudes in a middle seat, economy class with a fucking 70lb Labrador in his lap.

WTF man.

This support animal bullshit has gotten ridiculous. I fly about once a month and 90% of the time there is someone with an animal not in a travel cage and without a muzzle.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The plane's interior is pressurized well above the exterior unless the plane is less than about 8,000 ft.

View Quote
Dude, it's a Medicfrost thread. Nobody said anything of the sort about opening windows.  The lawyers said he couldn't fee himself because he was sitting in a window seat, whereas if he'd been in an aisle seat, he could have had a better chance of getting away from the attack with less injury.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you a wizard of some sort?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#22]
This explains Delta coming up with a set of rules for this nonsense earlier this week. Figures.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I love it. Laws like the ACAA are written to force air lines to respect special snowflakes rights to travel with untrained mongrels. When a mongrel finally attacks a passenger its the air line's fault. We should be able to personally sue the politicians that pass these fucking laws.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:21:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Like anything else, if it harms no one else, it's fine. Boundaries exist, people need to heed them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Assuming the door is 3.5' wide and 6' tall and the pressure inside the plane is 11 psi (saw that number in a 737 sales brochure) and the plane is at 30k feet which is about 4.5 psi, then the pressure on the door is (3.5*6*12*12*(11-4.5)) 21168 pounds.  Wow.   You're right no one is going to overcome that loading.z
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Troll thread title. The guy was in a window seat. The dog was sitting on the owners lap in the middle seat next to him. The incident explains why Delta is implementing new policy on animals in the cabin.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This happened way back on June 4th, 2017.

How about some fresh or updated information...

Turns out it was a breed of peace....

_
View All Quotes
Willie Meggs, Florida state attorney for the second district, “I don’t see how having a pit bull running loose with you qualifies as a service dog,” Meggs told Alcock.

Reminded of the Americans with Disabilities Act language, Meggs responded,
“Some moron in Congress probably wrote that law,”

Yeah, that's how it usually works.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#30]
I wonder if the dog is racist?

Could the lawyer have the dog evaluated to see if it reacts differently to white and black people? If it only growls and snaps at black people, sue for additional $$$$$$ for violating his civil rights.

This part is interesting:

"A police report said Mundy was a military service member who "advised that the dog was issued to him for support."
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

_
View All Quotes
Thanks. We should all know better than to trust a fucking medicslush thread.

I do find it very interesting that the original slush article has a picture of a yellow Labrador in it but the actual dog that attacked the guy was brown and of unknown breed.

However we did learn that Since the 2011 Department of Justice amendments to the Americans with Disabilities Act enforcement regulations took effect, purported service dogs including six pit bulls, three Rottweilers, and a German shepherd have disfigured at least six people and killed four. There were no previous disfiguring or fatal attacks by service dogs on record.

But of course no DNA testing was done so they were probably ferocious corgis or something else.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

_
View Quote
Surprise Surprise,
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Grab the dog by the upper lower jaw and violently rip downward on the lower jaw.  Then, stick both thumbs into its eye socket and crush.
Then violently stomp the dog's brains out.

Sue the dogshit (no pun intended) out of the owner and the airline for not insisting that the service animal was vetted, vaccinated, and muzzled.
Why the fuck was the dog not muzzled on the aircraft?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#34]
I walked into a patients room and his large, 100+ lb dog, started barking at me and moved aggressively to block my path to the patient.

I am not afraid of dogs but a large dog, with a deep bark, 3 feet away is intimidating, especially when you aren't expecting the dog to be there.

The patient had to call his dog back to his side. Had I been a cop, the dog might not have made it home...

The patient was a vet with PTSD, I empathize with the guy but what happens if the patient is having an emergency and his dog will not allow us to approach the patient.

I am confident with dogs but what happens if/when the next nurse is terrified of dogs and doesn't even want to enter the room.

I hate slippery slope arguments but I don't think a hospital is the place for a large, barking, protective dog and neither is a plane...
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#35]
And here's the trouble:

"Delta’s website says, “A kennel is not required for emotional support animals if they are fully trained and meet the same requirements as a service animal.”

ESAs are NOT trained to the same standard as Service Animals, do not meet the same requirements, and are just a workaround for twatwaffles who don't really have a disability, but can't bear to leave Cuddles in a kennel or with family members. It makes it awfully tough on those who have a genuine need for a real SA. My hope is that the dog's owner gets sued to the brink of bankruptcy, whether Delta gets sued or not.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Grab the dog by the upper lower jaw and violently rip downward on the lower jaw.  Then, stick both thumbs into its eye socket and crush.

Sue the dogshit (no pun intended) out of the owner and the airline for not insisting that the service animal was vetted, vaccinated, and muzzled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The airlines have been put in a shitty situation by shitty laws.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:35:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

_
View Quote
How in the fuck is the Marines going to "issue" a pitbull as a ESA or SA? I call complete bullshit on that one. Dude went out and got a pit-mix and put some eBay-special vest on it and called it good. My SIL did the same thing for her little rat-dog about 10 years ago.....fucking BS.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#39]
I got to see two "service dogs" fight in the security line a couple months ago.

I've flown heavily for 10 years, the support dog bullshit got out of control starting about 5 years ago
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I didn't know the Marine Corps issued service dogs.  Much less some shitty pit or pit mix dog.
View Quote
Can't be issued, doesn't look like a used, wornout Navy dog.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Last SHOT show I went to in 2015 looked more like a Westminister kennel meeting with all the dogs and their Amazon bought service vest.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
We saw some chick with an Emotional support dog in target once... dog took a shit in the middle of the floor.

The girl had a melt down, crumpled to the floor next to the steaming pile of shit, and started crying, because she didn't have anything in her purse to clean it.

Me being the big softie that I'am went over and asked if she was okay, and that I'd go get someone to clean the mess up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#45]
There's no reason an "emotional" support animal cannot be muzzled.  You can still cuddle up to get your emotional support needs fulfilled.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Like anything else, if it harms no one else, it's fine. Boundaries exist, people need to heed them.
View Quote
No, they are just plain ole bullshit.  Humans are getting weaker and weaker because society keeps accommodating this bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We saw some chick with an Emotional support dog in target once... dog took a shit in the middle of the floor.

The girl had a melt down, crumpled to the floor next to the steaming pile of shit, and started crying, because she didn't have anything in her purse to clean it.

Me being the big softie that I'am went over and asked if she was okay, and that I'd go get someone to clean the mess up. rubbed her face in it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yes, it has.  There's way too many selfish dog owners that don't give a damn about anyone else.  Here's a pic of a large dog that looked like a German Shepard that was on a flight I had in July:

http://upstate.net/zoom/dog_on_plane.jpg

I boarded just after first class because of my age, but it was already on the plane on the very front row.  Because it was on the front row and the owner couldn't get it to sit, it was a hassle for everyone boarding.  After a flight attendant got forceful with its leash to try to keep it from blocking people boarding, the dog started snapping at people.  It damaged clothing, but I don't think it drew blood fortunately.  We were about ten minutes late taking off because of the delay in boarding and a couple of people that were afraid to try to board with a dog growing and barking at them.  I wish the airlines would start doing something about dogs.z
View Quote
A true, well trained service dog would not do that.. but if someone threatens it, like any living thing, all bets are off.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#49]
The police report listed the dog’s owner, Ronald Kevin Mundy Jr. of Mills River, N.C., as a military service member with the U.S. Marine Corps who “advised that the dog was issued to him for support.” The dog is listed in the police report as a “chocolate lab pointer mix.”  AJC
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any agression by any animal is justification to remove the animal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top