BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't fucking matter. Kneeling on his neck for minutes after he was unresponsive is excessive force.
View Quote

Maybe, but it’s certainly not murder or manslaughter on it’s own.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So the knee to the neck had nothing to do with his death?

Is that what all of the above means?
View Quote

A contributing factor potentially. Lots contributed to his death. When you overcharge a suspect though, you're playing with fire on getting a conviction.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And there was no clear racial intent.
View Quote
Clearly they had systemic intent.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Doesn't fucking matter. Kneeling on his neck for minutes after he was unresponsive is excessive force.
View Quote

Agreed. So guilty on excessive force.

That's a far cry from Murder 2 though.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It’s going to be ugly, prepare accordingly
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cities are going to burn when those cops get off.

If you are anywhere near A large city after the Floyd or Atlanta PD shooting acquittals it’s your own fault.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#6]
"i was shot before"

Was he?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#7]
At the end of the day, what happened before does not matter, At a point an EMT with displayed credentials announced that Floyd was in a medical emergency and not one of the 4 officers relented in what they were doing..Not one gave a hoot about policy, duty or law.. Had they relented at that point and provided even a modicum of medical help Floyd may have lived or may have still died, but at least then they would have been within policy/rules/law /duty and they would have a valid defense against said charges..They didn't, they don't and they shouldn't...regardless, they will get their day in court, to try and justify that their actions once that Credentialed  EMT announced medical emergency on Floyd and their actions from that point onward were legal/moral and within policy/rules/law/duty...I doubt they can, but they will get the opportunity to, as they should.....
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
End of the day...

My prediction is this-

He died of a heart attack.  His "I can't breathe" was not due to lungs, it was his heart failing to circulate oxygenated blood that manifest itself as a panic to breathe...even though no amount of breathing would solve it.

They held him in the street waiting on the ambulance.  

The ambulance wasn't coming due to threat.

The officers didn't know this and held him down, awaiting the ambulance.  

The meth, opiates, and heart condition killed him.  The officers had no way to know he was on drugs or had a bad heart...and while they could have put him in the car, it likely fell into a mental trap of "ambulance on the way"...the "help is on the way" trap causes paralysis in the tactical world.  It solves the problem without solving the problem.  

He died as a result of the above...and the officers will walk.  3/4 should walk anyway...one never touched him and at least one of the others was a first week new guy that was doing what his FTO said to do.

View Quote

This.  And i bet all walk on current charges.  Just make sure there is no justice no peace narr continued.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Maybe, but it’s certainly not murder or manslaughter on it’s own.
View Quote

It is when a credentialed EMT tells you the guy is in a medical emergency...
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Weird that in this day and age of body cam footage being released rapidly on lots of incidents that we still haven’t seen complete footage from the most high profile incident that has ever happened.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah. 7 minutes after being arrested, handcuffed and about to be stuffed into a car and hauled to jail.

Where is the fake bill or forgery? That is what started all of this.

Eventually that question will be answered.
View Quote
Do they need that if they have suspicion he was the guy?

Seems like he was cuffed because he was fucked up.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#12]
so...still keep knee on neck on a grounded and cuffed suspect for almost 9 minutes?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I am still waiting for one of you cops dindo nuffin wrong folks to step up and take the 8 min challenge.
I have a nice slab of concrete right here if you need a location.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"i was shot before"

Was he?
View Quote
And by the police?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am still waiting for one of you cops dindo nuffin wrong folks to step up and take the 8 min challenge.
View Quote

Has anyone ever died of that before?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hmmm.. I believe your actions need to be the proximate cause of death to fit murder.  If the guy had a cardiac event while resisting and later died of it, I'm not going to be able to get to murder no matter how many credentialed EMTs said things.  That cop went over-the-top but if Floyd had a cardiac failure while he was fighting arrest, no way is that murder.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

By credentialed emt you mean one of several people in a crowd screaming at the cops that the cops were clearly getting nervous about?

Sounded like when the responding emts arrived the cops immediately began following the emt instructions.
I also got the impression the official emt arrival was  slower than the cops expected.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Zero fucks.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean the guy in the crowd heckling them or the EMTs that showed up after staging after which they started compressions?

I have to say I've never been privy to the EMT statute that makes or breaks a homicide.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
At the end of the day, what happened before does not matter, At a point an EMT with displayed credentials announced that Floyd was in a medical emergency and not one of the 4 officers relented in what they were doing..Not one gave a hoot about policy, duty or law.. Had they relented at that point and provided even a modicum of medical help Floyd may have lived or may have still died, but at least then they would have been within policy/rules/law /duty and they would have a valid defense against said charges..They didn't, they don't and they shouldn't...regardless, they will get their day in court, to try and justify that their actions once that Credentialed  EMT announced medical emergency on Floyd and their actions from that point onward were legal/moral and within policy/rules/law/duty...I doubt they can, but they will get the opportunity to, as they should.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Quoted:
so...still keep knee on neck on a grounded and cuffed suspect for almost 9 minutes?
Resisting suspect.  Ambulance staged away from the scene extending the restraint time.  May not explain why he was restrained after a certain point but it sure does explain a good chunk of that time.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you not process the difference between "dindo nuffin" and 2nd degree murder?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and then "systemic racism" will be to blame for all the urban food deserts.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not a problem.
8 minutes EACH way because having your face pressed into the pavement for 8 minutes is not lethal but it is unpleasant.
I'll be down first.
Meet me at the penfield,ny burger king.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

By credentialed emt you mean one of several people in a crowd screaming at the cops that the cops were clearly getting nervous about?

Sounded like when the responding emts arrived the cops immediately began following the emt instructions.
I also got the impression the official emt arrival was  slower than the cops expected.
View Quote

A woman in the crowd is a credentialed EMT for that city, she showed the standing cop her badge/ID and told them Floyd was in a major medical emergency, they ignored her....It's on one of the video's....
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So the knee to the neck had nothing to do with his death?

Is that what all of the above means?
View Quote
Essentially, that's how it reads.  Video will give better context.

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Here's the rest of the info with pics of the funny money.

http://www.mncourts.gov/Media/StateofMinnesotavThomasLane.aspx
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#27]
"Oh my God, he didn't even do nothing"

"I don't know how to spell George"

"Why's he acting all squirrelly, not showing us his hands?"

"You on something?"
"No, nothing"
"I was just hoopin earlier" (near lethal levels of fentanyl, plus meth, actively in his system"

"You ain't listening to nothin we're saying" (officer) "so we're not gonna listen to anything you say"

Well, Officer Kuang signed all their death warrants, right there; never mind Floyd had been uncooperative and dishonest since second one.

"Why y'all doing me like this, officer?" --yeah, the mind fucking boggles

"Y'all I'm gonna die in here, I'm gonna die!" (In the backseat of the squad car)

Dumbass felt his vitals failing even then --that's why he was panicked the entire time-- but was too fucking stupid and busy lying trying to talk his way out of an obvious arrest, to articulate that in a usable way for officers to work with.

"I'm not trying to win"
"Get in the car!"
"Please! Please, no!" --fuck this dickhead.  My sympathy for him is completely gone at this point

"I want to lay on the ground" --going into shock from BP drop, probably.  Dumbass is the author of his own fate.

"Bro, you about to have a heart attack & shit; get in the car!" --this one has The Shining; he can see the immediate future

"I'm goin down"
"Get him on the ground." --the evil negro-hunting cops were obeying this asshole!
"Let go of me man.  I can't breathe, man.". --and there it is, wasn't even on the ground yet, let alone being "choked"

"He's under arrest for forgery"
"Forgery for what?  For what?" --he can't breathe, but he can sure lie his fat ass off while dying of a heart attack

"Mama, mama, mama, mama..." You know what, fuck your mama.

"Get EMS code 2, for bleeding from the mouth" --what's that all about?

"I can't breathe or nothing.  This cold blooded, man". --no, but youse bout to be cold blooded if you don't tell them what they need to hear to give you Narcan

"Is he high on something?"
"I'm assuming so."
"I believe so.  We found a pipe."  --bad luck for George; I don't think you smoke fentanyl, right?  So cops wouldn't assume an opioid had him.

"I can't breathe"
"Do you have EMS code 3 coming?"
"Code 2; we can probably step it up." --complicates the narrative of negligence just a little

"I can't breathe"
"Your talking fine, just take deep breaths" --complicates the choke hold narrative and negligence a LOT
If George had had chest pains to complain about he probably would have lived...but he couldn't feel anything from all the fentanyl I wager

"He's got to be on something"
"What are you on?"
"I can't breathe" --you waited too long there, George; officers can't help if they don't know what's killing you, or if you're just lying again

"We found a weed pipe on him, there might be something else, there might be PCP or something (wrong guess; that means you get life plus 20, officer!).  Is that the shaking of the eyes (nystagmus) is PCP?
These evil, uncaring cops were even trying to debug this broken motherfucker on the roadside, with no help from Floyd.

"Should we roll him on his side?"
"No, he's staying put where we got him"
"Okay, I just worry about the excited delerium or whatever"
"Well that's why we got the ambulance coming" --sounds like the officers are a *wee* bit fatigued by this point

Dumbass peanut gallery starts heckling the officers, as Floyd loses consciousness (cops couldn't see his face from their position, mind you)
Dumbass peanut gallery starts approaching the officers, distracting them from Floyd further.

Sounds like the instant EMS got there a few minutes later, the officers snapped out of their defensive stupor to clear the scene for them, and realized Floyd was in trouble.  Sure reads like they thought he was still alive.  He was likely dead before EMS even got there.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

A woman in the crowd is a credentialed EMT for that city, she showed the standing cop her badge/ID and told them Floyd was in a major medical emergency, they ignored her....It's on one of the video's....
View Quote

They already believed there was a medical emergency and were expecting the imminent arrival of OFFICIAL emts with full equipment.
They're duty bound to evaluate bystanders as qualified emt in that scenario? Maybe. I doubt it.

Failure to resuscitate a limp man with possibly no pulse seems a lot bigger potential problem.

A fair trial could be interesting. Personally I think murder is nonsense but manslaughter is very much in play.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

perception is reality. these cops are done.

and this points to something i am seeing a lot of. and its been going on for a while. trayvon is one example, hands up dont shoot guy another, the guy in the atlanta wendys also

these folks are all intoxicated on one or more things. what would often been a straight forward arrest or confrontation flies off the handle quickly. if the perp is large it makes restraining them difficult.

the kneeling on the neck looked bad. and probably wasnt necessary the full 9 minutes.

but what do you do when a large intoxicated person who might be on something that will kill them anyway, struggles?

the recently canceled Live PD had a filmed event where a perp died in similar circumstances. i think he died of a heart attack and was on some sort of drug. the guy was also overweight.

frankly.. i think all these 'defund the police' should be given what they ask for in their neighborhoods. sane folks would not not to venture into the forbidden zone and the locals could no longer complain about police brutality. sorta like escape from new york.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not a problem.
8 minutes EACH way because having your face pressed into the pavement for 8 minutes is not lethal but it is unpleasant.
I'll be down first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a problem.
I'll be down first.

Get to it put it on YouTube.
Remember whole bodyweight on neck and upper chest plus another man on your lower back Also while handcuffed.
I eagerly await your video
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Why do blacks act belligerent and ignorant in all of these encounters with the Police. 99.999% of the time there is an issue it is because of their actions and disrespect for authority.

So sick of this shit. Fuck George Floyd and his felon ass. I don’t agree with the knee on neck for 9 minutes but the cocksucker put himself in that situation. Act right.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Remember whole body with a neck and upper chest plus another man on your lower back Also while handcuffed.
View Quote

You gotta be there.
You need to learn personally from both sides that it's not lethal.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Of course that scumbag resisted the whole time. The truth will come out and all officers will be exonerated. Then they will sue for millions.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would take you up on that. At least to see if and when I would lose consciousness. But since I'm sober and healthy, I feel pretty good about not needing an autopsy afterward.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You gotta be there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember whole body with a neck and upper chest plus another man on your lower back Also while handcuffed.

You gotta be there.

I don’t need to learn anything

Post your video proving yourself right or slink away.

But if you insist start driving I will meet you in Oshkosh on Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm seeing nothing racist or even cruel in the recordings/transcripts so far. Based on the rioting, I'd expect recordings of all the cops yelling "die filthy n-word" while curb stomping old George.

Unless there is something truly awful we are missing, I cant imagine letting a reasonable jury listen to that and have all 6 or 12 convict for murder 1 or 2. Maybe manslaughter just to minimize the peaceful protests.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

You need to learn your challenge is stupid.

Without you there you'd just say I cheated and I'd have gone to the trouble and discomfort for nothing.

It's your stupid challenge, I just called you on your bullshit.

You bear the majority of the expense. Cleveland?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I would take you up on that. At least to see if and when I would lose consciousness. But since I'm sober and healthy, I feel pretty good about not needing an autopsy afterward.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well ok step up and put your life where your mouth is.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Floyd was a huge piece of shit.  Cop still screwed up and took out their frustration on him.  Other cops should have stopped him.

Murder 2 is the wrong charge.  He thought he was just abusing an asshole. He didn’t try to kill him.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Without you there you'd just say I cheated and I'd have gone to the trouble and discomfort for nothing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is your claim.
Your responsibility to prove it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It is your claim.
View Quote

Now you've gone from wrong to insane.
You jumped into the thread with a challenge.
I said "ok"
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#42]
I'd like to ask each and every protester how many times they've physically fought with a 6'07" recidivist felon who's high.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'd like to ask each and every protester how many times they've grappled with anybody.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Minnesota AG Keith Ellison has already stated "it will be hard to get a conviction".

This will be very interesting to watch.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Floyd: “I’m not a resister”
*resists cops for 50 pages of bodycam transcript*
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I said "ok"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is your claim.

I said "ok"

Great when do you get here?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
2 pages of him arguing with the cops, about a simple command

Another 3 pages of her giving the cops the runaround about her ID and how to spell S-H-A-W-A-N-D-A
View Quote

You would think they would at least do as instructed.

I cannot believe how much dancing around goes on.

Just do what the cop says and stay calm.

When you refuse to do as ordered, the police start to get more and more alarmed.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you are anywhere near A large city after the Floyd or Atlanta PD shooting acquittals it’s your own fault.
View Quote

Personally, I’m not even close to one but as evidenced in Panama City Beach the other day, I’m not sure it matters.  Shit is going to get real wherever you are.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
As I said pretty much right after it happened.  It's likely a medical issue (heart attack, drug induced respiratory arrest, etc) is what actually killed Floyd, not the knee on the back of his neck.  

Still not OK with the knee or Chauvin's actions post Floyd losing consciousness, but I don't believe there's anywhere near enough evidence to prove it's what killed him or that Chauvin's actions rose to the level of murder/manslaughter.
View Quote
I think it was a shitty arrest by Chauvin, but I think the prosecutors are going to have serious causation issues. Is it reasonable doubt? Fuck, I don't know. Can they even get a fair trial? Probably not.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Typical ghetto double talk.  Say one thing and do another.  Agree to an action and then don’t cooperate.  I swear these people much go to a class on obfuscation.

Was George some kind of fucked up?  Possibly, because his histrionics seem odd.  But the overall behavior is what I have seen for decades.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top