[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Born 1970, yeah
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#6]
We called it "taxes".

When Dad sent us to the fridge to get him a beer, whatever we could drink on the walk back was fair game.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m a late Boomer, I did, my son as a Gen Xer opened my beer in the garage….America….
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to steal my old man's beer and chug it down. He didn't think it was funny, neither did my mother.

Me on the other hand thought it hilarious.

I did drink pretty heavy through school, and throughout my 20s. As I grew older, I just began to drink less and less. Now I do not drink much at all. Weeks and months nary a drop. Every few days I'll have a drink or a beer. It will take me months to kill a 6er.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

Coors or Little Pony Millers

my grandpas gave them to us like Kool Aid
View Quote

We kept pony millers in the garage fridge, a worker from our family business would often do work at our house from time to time, and that's what he liked.  My Dad drank Pearl Light and was WAY too cheap to buy the fancy stuff for himself.  So he didn't really keep track of those millers.  Almost every Friday I'd treat myself to one in the summer after walking home from school.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:53:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#10]
Dad would fill my huckleberry hound cup to the brim when he came home from 2nd shift. Probably 5-6yrs old.

PBR IIRC

He even let me watch Benny hill at 11:30pm.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#11]
my Dad gave me a swig of Genesee Ale when I was 8.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:55:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sawgunner73] [#12]
My Dad was a Genesee man. He'd finish all but the last couple sips of a bottle, and would let me finish it off.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Born in 1978. Went to kindergarten drunk off a single beer  I was such a lightweight.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#15]
1974.I was three the first time I got drunk. Got up in the middle of the night and finished a can of Bud that was left on the coffee table. My mother woke up to me singing Happy Birthday and doing the dishes (with a whole bag of flower dumped in the sink). When she asked what the hell I was doing, I was startled and fell off the chair, landing on my head and splitting it open. Away we went to the hospital where my hugely embarressed mother worked as an ER nurse. The doctor thought it was funny as hell as he stitched me up.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#16]

I was always chugging on my ol' man's Coors. It's what was available to keep you from drying out in the desert southwest.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:58:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#17]
Nope
Originally Posted By Saablook:
I’m a late Boomer, I did, my son as a Gen Xer opened my beer in the garage….America….
View Quote

Nope, first beer was in the pits at a sprint car race. Ma was not enthused
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#18]
PBR as a toddler from my grandfather.  Man I miss him.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:59:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Torf] [#19]
Wait.  Are you suggesting that there are generations of people who didn't?!

We had a Pabst brewery in town and my mom's family was Catholic.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Granny would let me and my two cousins have the rest of her PBRs

Then send us to the store for more and gave us ICE cream money. Store was just down the road from her house.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By FALARAK:
We called it "taxes".

When Dad sent us to the fridge to get him a beer, whatever we could drink on the walk back was fair game.
View Quote

I always shook my dad's beer on the way back
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:01:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#22]
Originally Posted By Torf:
View Quote
My kids didn't.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#23]
My almost 2 year old tasted my guiness a while back. Thought it would cure him of reaching for my beer. I had th rip it away from him as he was trying to chug as much as he could. Lil bugger lovedit. Now every time i have a beer in a bottle he looks at me and says "Mmmooooorrreeee"
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Happy_Hour_Hero:

I always shook my dad's beer on the way back
View Quote

dick move
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#25]
My father had a collection of frosty glass mugs in the freezer, most of them were from the volunteer FD he served with. When he would pour a beer into a mug, there was a swallow or two that wouldn’t fit…that was mine to finish. Usually Genesee Cream Ale or Ballantine Ale.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#26]

We kept pony millers in the garage fridge, a worker from our family business would often do work at our house from time to time, and that's what he liked.  My Dad drank Pearl Light and was WAY too cheap to buy the fancy stuff for himself.  So he didn't really keep track of those millers.  Almost every Friday I'd treat myself to one in the summer after walking home from school.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

My friends mom left us single serve sunny d for after school.

We put her vodka in it
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
My kids didn't, my son did get some tasty drinks on our last Germany trip.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Originally Posted By Torf:
My kids didn't, my son did get some tasty drinks on our last Germany trip.
My kids either loved alcohol or pretended to love it whenever I'd let them have a bit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Toddler? No. But definitely before 7.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:05:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Falcon09] [#29]
When I was 6 or 7, my Dad would supervise me mowing the yard and give me a Budweiser Pony when I finished. The 70's were awesome.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#30]

We put her vodka in it
View All Quotes

We put her vodka in it

They now make Sunny D with vodka in it, in a can.  My wife loves the stuff.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:17:09 PM EDT
[#31]
The champagne of beers! I loved hearing my dad's truck come home about 5-6 at night. As soon as he shut the truck down, I was at his door with liquid relief, awaiting my reward!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Hamm’s…1/4 teaspoon of sugar
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#33]
My mom handed me a joint.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:19:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoodonit00] [#34]
Dad would definitely give me sips of his beer before I was 10. He legit got me tipsy if not full on drunk on a long drive from Pa. To Va.. Mom was not pleased.

ETA. I’ve thought about giving my grandson a sip before. He’s 10. Times have changed and I’d probably get arrested.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Of course
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I know for a fact my grandpa was giving me scotch off his finger as an infant and I can remember drinking from their cocktails from as far back as I remember.   Me and my cousins started making our own drinks for cocktail hour probably around 8 or 9th grade.  Not a bit of alcoholism in the family tree and all very high functioning citizens.  

Compare that with the anxiety wracked youth of today.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#37]
I think my daughter's first two words spoken together were "daddy beer".  She made a game of sneaking around my chair and trying to grab my beer.  I still laugh at the time she successfully snatched it and teetered on tippy-toes for about 8 steps trying to chug before her mother grabbed her and proceeded to give me hell for laughing so hard.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#38]
We had a picture of a friend's toddler trying to get the last drops from a long neck, we joke that's why she's so difficult now as a middle schooler.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:26:43 PM EDT
[#39]
First beer I had was a shitty Ranier around 11. Kept me away from wanting another beer until my late teens.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:27:22 PM EDT
[#40]
I have no memory of it, but my mother tells the story of how she came inside from mowing the lawn to find me sitting on the kitchen floor giggling for no reason.  She had no idea why I was acting that way until she saw the empty beer can on the floor near me.  

I'm guessing 3 or 4.  

It may have been the same year the farmer down the road brought me home when I left the house unnoticed to see his sheep and cows.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#41]
lol. My Mom treated teething pain with Scotch…
Also had wine at Holiday dinners.

By 16 Dad was making me give him money so he could buy me my own twelver… he was sick of me drinking his. 😭
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Not a toddler, but I remember when I was about 4 my grandpa took me fishing and he ran a stringer through a 6 pack of Pabst and threw in the lake to keep it cold.   It was hot than crap out and humid.  He gave me a few swigs, all told maybe half a beer by the time it was all said and done.  My mom was not at all happy when he brought me home.  It began a lifelong love affair with beer.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#43]
My dad let me have a swig of his Coors when I was 4 while he was watching ABC wide world of sports back in 1970. I clearly remember gagging on it right as the ramp skier was wiping out in the beginning of the show. He was lighting up a cigarette as he laughed at my reaction to the taste of beer. Quite a different world than the one we live in now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:34:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:38:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: devildog3062] [#45]
I came home from school on a hot day opened the fridge and cracked open one of grandpa's beer. I was in kindergarten and why not, grandpa always gave me a swig of beer all of the the time.
My mom was and proceeded to call my dad.
Can't forget the cold duck at the holiday meals and cooks on news year.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#46]
My grandpa used to give me sips of his Scotch.
Really pissed off my mother when he did that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#47]
When I was seven, I marched into the living room and told my mom that I was going to have a beer, then marched out.

She didn't believe me, but I grabbed a bottle of my dad's Rolling Rock, got the cap off and drank the whole thing.

She found me in the corner of the kitchen, blitzed out of my mind, where I proceeded to throw up.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#48]
I didn't get my own beer
or anything, but I sipped on some Stroh's
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Age 12

professional tapper at 15

Once talked a mother of two on her way out of a supermarket, into buying me beer!

Mom's bought me beer and cigs at 17!

Was pretty popular with my HS mates! And their moms. Well? And daughters!

Hardcore 80's baby!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#50]
There is a picture somewhere of me (around 3) in my grandmother's lap with a miller pony bottle.  I would get the last few sips of my dad's beer from time to time. I didn't even know that it was illegal until a cop said "Isn't he a little young" when I was sipping one at the motorcycle races in Daytona circa 1987.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top