Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2018 9:40:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erevis]
EDIT:  I have absolutely no affiliations with Geekvape or Myfreedomsmokes.com-- both of which are referenced in this thread.

As I referenced in another tread, my Alien started coming apart after 6 months.  In 7 years, it now holds the distinction of being the mod that lasted the LEAST amount of time.

So, I was searching for a rugged, reliable mod that would do up to around 200w.

I found the Geekvape Aegis Legend.  It is a "step up" from the original Aegis Legend 100w.  This one, however, is believed not to be as rugged as the original due to needing dual batteries (compartment design change.)

So...

My Aegis Legend was ordered on Saturday from Myfreedomsmokes.com, and I got it on Thursday.

The first thing I noticed is how solid it is.  The thing feels really well-built. But it is heavy.  A side feature of the mod is that you can drop it in a sock and beat someone to death with it.

The battery compartment seals very tight, and has a solid lock-up when it closes.  The buttons are easy to use.  However, it may take a little trial-and-error to learn the configuration menus.

However, I had the thing up and running in less than 5 minutes.

It comes with an Aero tank that runs mesh coils. I put the Smok king tank that I already had on the tank first to see how it worked, and it did fine.  Then I tried the Aero tank with the mesh coil.  It's basically the same.  Both are good.

Right now, I am using the Aero tank because it has matching colors to my mod. (I got black and orange for high visibility.)

All in all, tank functions as well as the Alien-- it does the job.  But I really feel that it will last a lot longer and I have peace of mind.

Fun facts:

The mod is claimed to be impact resistant, and able to be dropped from standing height without damage.  However, I figure that the pyrex glass tank would have issues.  I have a plastic tank on my Smok Prince tank, and I may see if I can use the tank on my Aero Atomizer.  If not, I at least have an unbreakable tank as a back-up.

The mod is claimed to be waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes.  I am not about to test this.

It was cheaper than my Alien, but I did buy the Alien in-store and the Aegis on-line.

Links:

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/aegis-legend-kit-by-geekvape.html

No, this is not me. But it may be helpful:

@Keith1980
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I am using Ohm Boy Squonk box right Nudge single coil RDA. Works great.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:55:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I got mine Friday.  So far I like it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Been rocking one since they came out. Pretty reliable mod so far. Using it with the Zeus rta and it is awesome
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently picked one of these up.  The impact and water resistance seemed attractive.  After using it for a few weeks I have to agree it works well and I like it's simplicity.  I don't like the size, nor the weight, but I signed up for that so I can't complain.

Only real complaint I have is will not work with my new MXJO 3500 mA batteries.  My Smok Alien does- as well as my Aspire Speeder, but no dice with this guy even after updating firmware.

Anybody else notice this?
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#6]
No sure if anyone is having the same issue I am but,  If you tank leaks juice it will pool behind the led screen.  Does not affect the mods function but, if your are ocd about it it is hard to get it out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Googling aegis legend Geekvape is how I found yall
I’m happy with mine I bought a new tank to make swaps easier. New one has stainless plus four mesh coils it was $27 from Geekvape.  
The original leaked if I had it. More than 1/4 open at the bottom, new one is precision.

No screen issues, my biggest problem is learning to use\setup the tic power curves ect.

I now vape a 5%nic salt Cuban/vanilla exclusively from it at 20W
I want to toss another flavor in the other tank, it has  JUUL mint imitation (wife’s) super minty atm.

2weeks cig free

The 3 times I took it over 60w to 200w I nuked the coil immediately.  That was with the vape store crappy juice.  Low wattage and salts seem great
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 12:13:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Just ordered one....

any updates now that you guys have had them for a while?
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 1:15:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BURN:
Just ordered one....

any updates now that you guys have had them for a while?
View Quote
I liked them so much better than my Gpiv2 and voopoo drag. Gave the voopoo and gprivs to my employees.

More durable and reliable.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:47:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lcoates33] [#11]
I've had my Aegis since it launched.

Been dropped from an 8ft ladder, and i did test the waterproof claim it has. (The tank suffered a soggy coil, but the mod was fine.)

Other than the normal wear on the button, no noticeable scratches, or marks from the falls.

I did however have the battery door catch start to come loose. Easily solved by taking the small torx screws out of the door to expose the 2 small Phillips head screws that hold the catch to the lever.
A little blue loc-tite and that has never been an issue again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top