Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2018 9:39:24 PM EDT
Hey guys, I’m in need of a gaming headset to be used with an Xbox One may plug into my computer from time to time. I don’t want to spend too much (no more than $60-$70) but I don’t really expect stellar sound, I just want the ability to communicate with my team in Fallout 76 and the occasional shooter. What would you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Hyper cloud x the first one not the second one. Can usually be found at a local best buy or the such. I have one and for the buck it's the best bang.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hyper cloud x the first one not the second one. Can usually be found at a local best buy or the such. I have one and for the buck it's the best bang.
View Quote
Second this. I use Sennheiser 558s w/ a modmic and a dac/amp on my PC but I'll use the hyperx clouds when on my Xbox and they're probably the best sounding headset I've used for the money. I've paid more for a lot less return. It'll also come with the splitter cable needed to use on a PC too. Added plus is that since it's wired it'll work with pretty much anything that has a 3.5mm jack.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Just make sure that your voice feed is either under VOX control or switched.

There is NOTHING more annoying than playing a multiplayer game and some IDJIT has an open mic all the time or its vox sensitivity is too high and you hear him slurping his noodles or chewing his cud or something.

I don't care how totally unfairly someone can beat me at a game.  That doesn't bother me.  But if I hear your lips smacking when you're not communicating to your teammates, that'll make me ragequit if I can't mute you.  And I WILL mute you.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been using a Sony Pulse Elite set on my PS3/4 and PC.  It's pretty nice, and I love being able to use it on console and PC.  Mike is nice, and built in, so no boom.  7.1 simulated surround is very nice, great for games, music and movies.  They've held up pretty well, but they are held together with a couple Tactical Black zip ties. 100 bucks new about 5-6 years ago. I'm starting to look at a replacement pair for when they finally give out.  Most likely whatever the current Sony model of them is.

I don't know if Sony products would work on the XBox though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Cloud II and like it a lot. Only use it on PC though, no clue about Xbox compatibility.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have the Cloud II and like it a lot. Only use it on PC though, no clue about Xbox compatibility.
View Quote
HyperX makes the best headsets on the market unless you’re looking to drop over $200
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

HyperX makes the best headsets on the market unless you’re looking to drop over $200
View Quote
Dunno about that. They are nice but IMO Sennheiser GameOne/PC37x are a bit of an upgrade.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Dunno about that. They are nice but IMO Sennheiser GameOne/PC37x are a bit of an upgrade.
View Quote
Sennheiser fan boy here. They're an upgrade, buuuuuut it just depends on budget. If you're on a tight budget then HyperX, if you can justify the price difference with no sweat than ya the Sennheiser route is the way to go. I'm on 558s with a modmic and an external dac/amp on my PC, but if I use my xbox the HyperX clouds are totally fine and aren't half bad, which is more than I can say about my turtle beach's I've had.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:34:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I use the SteelSeries Arctis7 wireless, though they were a bit pricier than you are looking for. I would highly recommend their Arctis 5 that can be had within your budget when on sale.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Wife and I each have these

Amazon Product
  • USB Audio Sound Card with 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound
  • 53mm Drivers Neodymium Magnets. Sound coupling to the ear is circumaural
  • Noise Cancelling Microphone via Inline Sound Card. 15 25kKhz Frequency Response

Love em. Works with anything, removable mic, quality build, sounds great for what their intended purpose is.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Loving my new Corsair Void Pro.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been using the Logitech brand gaming headsets and keyboards on my PC for years and they have performed exceptionally well. Currently using the G930 headset, which is maybe 4-5 years old but still working well. Recently bought a Razer mouse and like it, and Razer has some headsets that look nice. Probably find cheaper prices from Amazon or elsewhere on the web, but those are tow brands I personally trust for making quality products.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:51:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Loving my new Corsair Void Pro.
View Quote
That's exactly what I bought last week. I got the wireless version on sale for $64 from Amazon.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Razer has some headsets that look nice.
View Quote
Over priced garbage. I've had 4 different Razor headsets. All of them broke in under 2 years. I'm currently using a HyperX cloud and so far it's lasted over a year w/o issues.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Over priced garbage. I've had 4 different Razor headsets. All of them broke in under 2 years. I'm currently using a HyperX cloud and so far it's lasted over a year w/o issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Razer has some headsets that look nice.
Bummer. Guess I will stick with my Logitech stuff which has served me well for years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top