Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

It hit $500 this morning.

It's absolutely going to bust $1,000.

This isn't retail investors doing this anymore, this is hedgefunds destroying other hedgefunds.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Got a text from grandson this morning telling me to dump $20K in to gamestop this morning because Elon Musk says it will be worth more than Tesla stock.

No fucking way am I risking that shitshow.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#3]

I wonder what the asshurt level is going to be when this bubble bursts too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

worse than a carolina reaper enema.

It will happen, this isn't investing, its high stakes gambling now
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hedge funds got fucked on the squeeze and that's their answer.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish I understood this well enough to cash out some stock and go in on it, though at the speed this is going I think I would be too late.  I think I am going to sit and watch the carnage and learn for the next time, if it's allowed to happen again.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They don't like to be beaten at their own game.

When hedge funds do this, hey its capitalism. When an internet forum does this and financially hurts the hedge funds, "hey, this isn't right"

Gov bailout looming?
View Quote
Yep.  Trump exposed a hell of a lot of corruption in the Federal Government, seems the people are trying to learn how to do it independently.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is like playing reverse chicken, the winner will be the first person to start the cascading selloff.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#9]
If it hasn't been posted, I'm hearing RH now won't let you buy GME, AMC, NOK.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm long on GME.

$1,000 or bust.
View Quote

I'm in with you! Mine was play money anyways so I ain't got shit to lose!

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#11]
If Melvin and Citron have exited, has the squeeze been mitigated?

In other words, do we now just have a classic frenzy driven bubble, and the short squeeze portion is already (mostly) over?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
H.L. Mencken/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/fun-369.gif
View Quote

Reddit partners with Etherium

The move was announced on the platform itself as its first-ever blockchain partnership. Reddit, which claims to have more than 50 million daily users stated that it has “long maintained a decentralized ethos” by empowering users to create and govern their own online communities.

The post penned by Reddit admin Jarins on the r/Ethereum subreddit added;

“Through this partnership, we will be increasing our commitment to blockchain, accelerating scaling and resources for the Ethereum ecosystem, and bringing the value and independence of blockchain technology to millions of redditors.”

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#13]
AAL up 42% premarket...is it next?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Robinhood is now not supporting amc, nakd, or gme! WTF! You can't buy them using robinhood
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#16]
All the online broker sites are pulling the wall street bet stocks.

You can only sell them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#17]
You want to talk market manipulation... I wasn’t even buying this shit but the idea that a large group buys X stock making billionaires loose money is part of the risk.

Fixing the system so the billionaires stop loosing money is wrong when the process was legit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If Melvin and Citron have exited, has the squeeze been mitigated?

In other words, do we now just have a classic frenzy driven bubble, and the short squeeze portion is already (mostly) over?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Robinhood is now not supporting amc, nakd, or gme! WTF! You can't buy them using robinhood
View Quote

I had orders in and Robinhood canceled them. Fuckers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The move was announced on the platform itself as its first-ever blockchain partnership. Reddit, which claims to have more than 50 million daily users stated that it has “long maintained a decentralized ethos” by empowering users to create and govern their own online communities.

“Through this partnership, we will be increasing our commitment to blockchain, accelerating scaling and resources for the Ethereum ecosystem, and bringing the value and independence of blockchain technology to millions of redditors.”

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Next on the horizon, decentralized exchanges (DEX) and decentralized finance (DEFI) using blockchain.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
All the online broker sites are pulling the wall street bet stocks.

You can only sell them.
View Quote

Most free and fair market in history!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I previously had AMC in a Charles Schwab account, they refused to let me sell my shares.  At one point it was claiming "AMC" is not a valid symbol.  At another point it said I didn't hold any shares, even though later in the message it stated that the account held 1,000 shares.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I previously had AMC in a Charles Schwab account, they refused to let me sell my shares.  At one point it was claiming "AMC" is not a valid symbol.  At another point it said I didn't hold any shares, even though later in the message it stated that the account held 1,000 shares.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/680/sch11_JPG-1800380.jpg

View Quote

Rules for thee and not for me peasant. Pick up that can and get back to work!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

List of stocks that Robinhood is not allowing is a bit longer, all couched under the guise of "protecting the Robinhood investor and helping you navigate the uncertainty."  The translation is "you all are too fucking stupid and wrecking our shit"

"We continuously monitor the markets and make changes where necessary. In light of recent volatility, we are restricting transactions for certain securities to position closing only, including $AAL, $AMC, $BB, $BBY, $CTRM, $EXPR, $GME, $KOSS, $NAKD, $NOK, $SNDL, $TR, and $TRVG. We also raised margin requirements for certain securities."

https://blog.robinhood.com/news/2021/1/28/keeping-customers-informed-through-market-volatility
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Watch it in real time right now, the crash is spectacular, from almost $500 to less than $200 now in an hour. Hope nobody bought this morning.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If it hasn't been posted, I'm hearing RH now won't let you buy GME, AMC, NOK.
View Quote

RobinHood won’t even let you search for it
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I wonder how many people are going to start jumping out of windows by the end of trading today ?

BATS BZX Real-Time Price
As of 12:38pm ET
-106.45 / -30.85%
Today’s Change
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Watch it in real time right now, the crash is spectacular, from almost $500 to less than $200 now in an hour. Hope nobody bought this morning.
View Quote

Well that was stunningly predictable

I love their strategy to squeeze shorts but there was zero chance from the beginning that GME was going to moon and stay there.  The crash was inevitable and the "game" was figuring out when.

Looks like brokers brought it forward by a day or two by restricting the stock.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#31]
TD Ameritrade let me buy AMC. I bought 500 at $7.71. The cash was just sitting there anyway. I just want to see where this goes ??
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
TD Ameritrade let me buy AMC. I bought 500 at $7.71. The cash was just sitting there anyway. I just want to see where this goes ??
View Quote

To the MOOOOOOON!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Don't worry, our Nation's FIRST FEMALE Sec Treas will sort this out properly.

Oh, the stupid shit they try to pass as important....
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bought some AMC this morning at around $13......I've already lost half my money

Good thing I only bought 10 stocks
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#35]
My BIL is a broker with 20 years of experience. I texted him this morning: wtf is going on with Gamestop?

He texts back "elites getting mad."
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I dropped an order for 1 share. Po' boy doin muh part.
View Quote

Where and how?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I love their strategy to squeeze shorts but there was zero chance from the beginning that GME was going to moon and stay there.  The crash was inevitable and the "game" was figuring out when.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just in time. The big short options were set to expire on Friday
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#38]
AMC and Nokia is available on Cash App!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just in time. The big short options were set to expire on Friday
View Quote

It is still way too high for the shorters.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
AMC and Nokia is available on Cash App!
View Quote

Buy it.   See what happens after hours.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Buy it.   See what happens after hours.  
View Quote

Everyone is gonna pile into DOGE.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Next on the horizon, decentralized exchanges (DEX) and decentralized finance (DEFI) using blockchain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what central banks want to regulate so they can control/manipulate it. DEX and DEFI takes that away from them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

List of stocks that Robinhood is not allowing is a bit longer, all couched under the guise of "protecting the Robinhood investor and helping you navigate the uncertainty."  The translation is "you all are too fucking stupid and wrecking our shit"

"We continuously monitor the markets and make changes where necessary. In light of recent volatility, we are restricting transactions for certain securities to position closing only, including $AAL, $AMC, $BB, $BBY, $CTRM, $EXPR, $GME, $KOSS, $NAKD, $NOK, $SNDL, $TR, and $TRVG. We also raised margin requirements for certain securities."

https://blog.robinhood.com/news/2021/1/28/keeping-customers-informed-through-market-volatility
View Quote

Edit: nv
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Everyone is gonna pile into DOGE.  
View Quote
Please do
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I wonder what economy crushing legislation and bail out is being crafted because of this.
View Quote

Democrats hate hedge fund guys and they say in charge
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I wonder what criteria they are using to make sure “ unusual” activity “matches” chatter?
View Quote

Yeah these dipshit boomers think that telling the internet to stop doing something will work. A few million people just found their new game to play.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah these dipshit boomers think that telling the internet to stop doing something will work. A few million people just found their new game to play.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder what criteria they are using to make sure “ unusual” activity “matches” chatter?

It’s good to see fear in the eyes of the elites.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:07:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Great interview by Chamath Palihapitiya, he created Social Capital which has created many SPACs (special purpose acquisition company), and he blasts the hedge funds, rips the CNBC host, and defends the retail investors.  CNBC host is basically saying the public is too stupid to trade and should be prevented from trading without guidance/restrictions.  If you want to see CNBC get chewed out this is a great video.

https://youtu.be/hu-zGfi45RI

Chamath Palihapitiya on GameStop Stock (GME), AMC Stock... Reddit WallStreetBets is Retail Revenge.

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:13:09 AM EDT
[#49]
110% of all Gamespot shares are owned by institutions... thats 10% more than what is available its still oversold.  

There is still a 44% Short on the stock as a whole.. it is still gonna rocket.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:48:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Good video as always.  "To the moon"..."turns out we were on the Challenger".  

If Commercials were Real Life - Robinhood: We are all investors

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top