Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2019 11:36:01 PM EDT
General thread about the series by Jason Anspach and Nick Cole.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone know when "Season 2" will start coming out?

Also, is the transition story from S1 to S2 in the series ever going to be released as an ebook?  From what I could find, they only released it as an audiobook.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Great series. I've been listening to it in audiobook format anyway. RC Bray is a fantasic narrator.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone know when "Season 2" will start coming out?

Also, is the transition story from S1 to S2 in the series ever going to be released as an ebook?  From what I could find, they only released it as an audiobook.
View Quote
@Butterfly

Actually, the books are out.

Takeover series is the books that gap S1 &S2.

You find them on the Galaxy Edge website.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I have only read the first three books but I like them.  A bit on-the-nose Star Wars-but-not-Star-Wars but that's what they were aiming for.
Jason Anspach is a really nice guy.  Haven't met Nick Cole, though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#6]
The new Savage Wars book was great! KTF!
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Good series
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I never really got into reading sci fi until I read The Expanse and I thought it was really good.  Then I read about Galaxys Edge in a thread here on Arfcom and they had me hooked in with, "The Galaxy is a dumpster fire."  

I've read all of season one, the Tyrus Rex series, the Order of the Centurion series, Karen Traviss' Best of Us and the first book of the Savage Wars.  Im going to start on the next book of the Savage Wars once I finish Perfidia by James Ellroy.

I love reading these books and I hope Anspach and Cole keep up this awesome series.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#9]
i have really enjoyed the series, lately i have been listening to more of the audio books ,ktf
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Takeover (Season 2 start) just came out on ebook a little bit ago.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Karen Traviss' Best of Us just plain sucks.

She destroys all the cannon we learned in Imperator.

Now humans didn't invent the hyper drive and so on.

My negative review is the #1 review on this book.

Karen Traviss has a habit of making any series into her version of it.

Unfortunately, many of the GE books are starting to have girl power in them. Madame Guillotine & Forget Nothing are the worst, not counting Best of US.

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:28:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, many of the GE books are starting to have girl power in them. Madame Guillotine & Forget Nothing are the worst, not counting Best of US.

View Quote

That's funny as shit that you posted this just now.  I just listened to a podcast interview with her and she says basically the same thing you just did about herself "Karen Traviss has a habit of making any series into her version of it." but she thought of it as a strength.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Ha!

What gets me is why Nick Cole allowed it?

It really ruins what he laid out before.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ha!

What gets me is why Nick Cole allowed it?

It really ruins what he laid out before.
View Quote

I think it was the luster of having an established trad-pubbed best-selling author write in their series.  Nick wants GE to be  a franchise on the level of Star Wars, wants movies or TV shows, and I think he believes having a best-selling trad author would help bring that about.  Despite the fact that GE has probably earned the two of them millions of dollars (gross anyway, I don't know how much they spend on marketing, etc...) there is still quite a prejudice against anything not published by the big 5.  (Or is it 4 now?)
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 11:25:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm a big fan.  I've read or listened to everything currently out there.

I'm having a little trouble right now reconciling the timeline and I'm not sure if it's because of the order I read them or a continuity problem or a plot device not yet revealed.

We're first introduced to Aeson Ford as Captain Ford on Kublar.  Then he becomes Han Solo for a while...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#16]
@Kuraki

The Savage Wars begin almost 1500 yrs before Legionnaire.

Rex was 500 yrs old when SW began and around 2000 when he died in Galactic Outlaws.

Aeson Ford is the ancestor of Captain Ford/Wraith.

Remember Imperator? There was the female medic named Maydoon. Then in Savage Wars there is another Lt. Maydoon.

All ancestors of Prisma.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@Kuraki

Rex was 500 yrs old when SW began and around 2000 when he died in Galactic Outlaws.

Remember Imperator? There was the female medic named Maydoon. Then in Savage Wars there is another Lt. Maydoon.

All ancestors of Prisma.
View Quote
OH.

Thank you.  That was bugging the shit out of me.  That's what I get for listening to some books and reading others.  I tend to miss details like that when I listen to audiobooks in the shop.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I found another GE spin off series:

Dark Operator by Doc Spears- a very military series.

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Operator-Military-Science-Thriller-ebook/dp/B089CZVT76

Tasked with performing covert missions, its kill teams are filled with the best warriors from within the ranks of the Legion.

Kel Turner is one of the youngest legionnaires ever to be selected to its ranks. After many battles and trials, he is faced with the greatest challenge of his life - operating by himself on a remote planet at the galaxy's edge, a foot soldier for the policies of the duplicitous House of Reason, tasked with solving a crisis that would take ten kill teams to resolve.

Diplomats, spies, shadowy terrorist groups, and an enigmatic general work with and against Kel as he fights to save a society from itself. What can one operator do alone, separated from his kill team, fighting a war that has no name?

This lone operator doesn't know what it will take to win. He only knows he's not going to lose.

U.S. Army special operations veteran Doc Spears teams with Anspach & Cole on his debut novel, a thrilling new military science fiction series that captures the drive, sacrifice, and discipline of those worthy of becoming Dark Ops.

I found it interesting but it was odd in one place.

Click To View Spoiler

Rebellion the second novel is out and No Fail next month.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:29:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Is there a recommended reading order for this series(s)?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is there a recommended reading order for this series(s)?
View Quote

https://galaxysedge.us/chronological/

or

https://galaxysedge.us/max-suspense/

Personally I like reading individual arcs together in chronological order.  It's just easier for me to keep things organized in my head that way (see above ).  There are some I wouldn't read at all (not many but a few).
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Tricked out my rifle cases.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@Kuraki

All ancestors of Prisma.
View Quote
@ClanDireWolf

Link Posted: 8/23/2021 6:44:41 AM EDT
[#23]
@Kuraki

At the time I wrote that, yes.

I didn't know about Team Ice, did you?
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
@Kuraki

At the time I wrote that, yes.

I didn't know about Team Ice, did you?
View Quote
Nope!  Quite a twist.  I wasn't calling you out just remembered this thread when I read the latest book
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#25]
read book one, started book 2 but didn't get into is nearly as much as book 1, wasnt as relateable and thus lost me..

started on spiral wars instead.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Nope!  Quite a twist.  I wasn't calling you out just remembered this thread when I read the latest book
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2021 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#27]
This is the only series I've read where I've thought about keeping notes

I don't know how these dudes generate such a vast sprawling universe w/multiple timelines without writing themselves into a corner or just pulling an RR Martin and saying "fuck it."
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 5:55:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

"A special update about The Best of Us and Mother Death by Karen Traviss...

When Karen began writing in the Galaxy's Edge universe, there was every intention of telling an origin story that would tie in the Savages and their lighthuggers.

As the second novel progressed, the overall story developed into something very different. Karen always let the characters lead and their reactions form the plot, so when the Nomad cast reacted in their individual ways to an alien technology, it took the story somewhere she hadn't anticipated.

We all understood that was a possibility when we first began, and now that it's happened, we all feel that the best thing to do is to let the Nomad trilogy and the sequels to it exist on their own, outside of the Galaxy’s Edge universe, leaving Jason and Nick to go back at some point to tell the Galaxy’s Edge origin of the fall of Earth, Mars, and the discovery of faster-than-light travel. The Nomad books will continue as a series – and the second title, Mother Death, will release on December 10th.

Note from Jason: If you've got one of the Galaxy's Edge branded copies of The Best of Us... maybe it'll be worth something some day!"

From their Facebook page
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:23:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah she fucked that duck pretty easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top