BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/10/2021 11:51:29 AM EDT

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#1]
i want an Aimless beanie baby in full battle rattle.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol didn’t think they still made them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Tagging for interest.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol motherfu... I JUST took deliver of a new iPhone 12 Pro 4 days ago.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting. I'll be following this development.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Where will they be built?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#8]
So...?  Gab discovered xda and how to compile AOSP with a couple tweeks and calling it a new OS?

Maybe you guys dont remember every other commercial attempt at making a google-free android phone/device.  They all flop.  They always flop.  Even amazon, with billions of dollars, couldnt make it work.

Amazon firephone, launched at $650, within a year they were selling them for $99 with a free year of amazon prime.  Basically giving away the stupid phone, and it still failed.
Blackphone.  Privacy focused android device.  It was good hardware.  They sold like 50 of them.  Even made a blackphone2.  Then disappeared.
Oneplus.  Right out of the gate, they were anti-google.  That was their marketing.  They even tried partnering with microsoft to provide some of the missing functionality for not having google apps.  That lasted through about the Oneplus 2.  After that, they gave in and have been shipping with google apps.  Their motto, "never settle".  But they learned they'd have to selltle with having all the google crap or else they couldnt stay in business.
OUYA, the video game console based on android.  They made a bunch of money on kickstarter, made a product, even got their product in bust buy stores.  Without google apps, they managed to stay in business a couple years.  They are now completely shut down.

I'd like to see somebody succeed at this.  But it wont happen.  Without google apps and libraries, your smart phone is pretty stupid.  Stupid enough that nobody can seem to sell enough phones to stay in business.  People just dont want them.  Even when you give them away like amazon did.

If you want to run android without google apps, you already can.  You dont need gab.  Google provides everything you need, minus the actual computer to do the compiling.  They give you source code and instructions.  It takes about an hour to build on my laptop.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:35:45 PM EDT
[#9]
6 months ago I would have shrugged and said whatever.

Today?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Very interested.

I'm ready to drop crApple, get a lesser phone, and get a better camera for pics.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So...?  Gab discovered xda and how to compile AOSP with a couple tweeks and calling it a new OS?

Maybe you guys dont remember every other commercial attempt at making a google-free android phone/device.  They all flop.  They always flop.  Even amazon, with billions of dollars, couldnt make it work.

Amazon firephone, launched at $650, within a year they were selling them for $99 with a free year of amazon prime.  Basically giving away the stupid phone, and it still failed.
Blackphone.  Privacy focused android device.  It was good hardware.  They sold like 50 of them.  Even made a blackphone2.  Then disappeared.
Oneplus.  Right out of the gate, they were anti-google.  That was their marketing.  They even tried partnering with microsoft to provide some of the missing functionality for not having google apps.  That lasted through about the Oneplus 2.  After that, they gave in and have been shipping with google apps.  Their motto, "never settle".  But they learned they'd have to selltle with having all the google crap or else they couldnt stay in business.
OUYA, the video game console based on android.  They made a bunch of money on kickstarter, made a product, even got their product in bust buy stores.  Without google apps, they managed to stay in business a couple years.  They are now completely shut down.

I'd like to see somebody succeed at this.  But it wont happen.  Without google apps and libraries, your smart phone is pretty stupid.  Stupid enough that nobody can seem to sell enough phones to stay in business.  People just dont want them.  Even when you give them away like amazon did.
View Quote

I don't know.

This might the big pivot that changes things. We'll see.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Fucking stocks now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

GrapheneOS. Gab is working with them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tagging for interest.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree but suddenly we are in different times.  Maybe it could make it now …?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only if its New York compliant.  Instead of armor it can wear a life jacket.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably China
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Been looking to de-platform from google, etc  but is a google spec's handset the right platform for this? They must have exploits.

ETA I have a regular soy boy google pixel 4a right now
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think timing and marketing strategy might help Gab sell some phones.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lol motherfu... I JUST took deliver of a new iPhone 12 Pro 4 days ago.
View Quote

LOL. "Took delivery"?
'It's not a fucking car, you know.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#21]
This is interesting indeed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I’m in
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

New Market  opportunities are emerging on a daily basis now.

View Quote

Market opportunities are emerging on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Speaking of Gab, has anyone had trouble getting on Gab?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If you want to run android without google apps, you already can.  You dont need gab.  Google provides everything you need, minus the actual computer to do the compiling.  They give you source code and instructions.  It takes about an hour to build on my laptop.
View Quote

With all market endeavors, timing is everything.  Perhaps now is the time? Google and big Tech in general has certainly shown their hand and people are actually paying attention.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#26]
If I can write on the screen i'm in fast.

Remember: We don't need for the tech oligarchs to lose every cent in order to be effective.
They will tell you that in order to get you to stop trying and quit.
We need for them to see the gravy train slow down enough, to make them lose their Woke-puritanism.
Lay off a few employees or see a stock dip and their tune will change if it holds.
That threshold is wayyyyylower than they will tell us it is.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Probably China
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably China

I doubt it. Gab is a uniquely patriotic God-fearing company.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Been looking to de-platform from google, etc  but is a google spec's handset the right platform for this? They must have exploits.

ETA I have a regular soy boy google pixel 4a right now
View Quote

They have closed source bootloaders and firmware on these.    But I dont think they have backdoored them on purpose.  They dont need to.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Speaking of Gab, has anyone had trouble getting on Gab?
View Quote

Yes, they are expanding servers, as we speak, for the increased traffic.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#30]
What network will it be on? What if Verizon, AT&T and T Mobile dont allow them?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't know.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know.

How will Gab get past big tech who own all the infrastructure to make a cell useful?    
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll keep my iPhone 12 ProMax
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#33]
My hopes:

Removable battery
Integrated camera cover
SD/MicroSD/whatever removable media slot, please, for the love of God, put one of these in there.

I'm going to limp along my cracked screen iPhone 7 and circa 2016 MacBook for as long as possible.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was then, this is now. The goalposts have definitely been moved.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
A month ago I wouldn't think of switching, but today I would give it a try. I am sure I am not the only one with the same mindset.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

They make them;  https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Pico-Plush/Pico-The-Penguin-Plush
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I will be getting one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
A month ago I wouldn't think of switching, but today I would give it a try. I am sure I am not the only one with the same mindset.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep
I don't have to make the tech oligarchs richer, and now I won't.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Librem could sell a million phones in a week if they had them. They've been so slow.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#40]

Tag.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Wants to get away from google.  Uses google hardware.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I doubt it. Gab is a uniquely patriotic God-fearing company.
View Quote

Let's hope. Anywhere but China.

I'll grab one either way
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Stock ticker?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Will it have an ability for encription?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Tagging for interest.
View Quote
Me three
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Electronics still made in China.....or else the phones will cost $5,000 each.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Fuck yes, can't wait to ditch everything Microsoft and google.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Need an open app marketplace too.  We've seen how the apple and google play stores are now a bottleneck.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Gab is not publicly traded is it?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Awesome.

Now what are you going to do when T-Mobile, ATT, and Verzion forbids phone on their networks?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top